Cheerson cx-20 quadcopter

Gump

Chinese New Years screws everything up big time. If your product got out of Asia before Chinese New Years, you're ok. But God help you if it didn't. I'm still waiting on a tiny flashlight and its pushing 30 days.

Damnit, my radio seems to be broken.  Literally boxed the thing up last night in the shipping package the same way it was delivered, took it to work to fly in a larger area, opened it back up, and now all the radio does is beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep constantly when it is turned on.  Tried a few different batteries, starting it up with buttons pressed, verifying that none of them are stuck down...all to no avail, all the thing does is annoyingly scream at me.

Damnit, my radio seems to be broken. Literally boxed the thing up last night in the shipping package the same way it was delivered, took it to work to fly in a larger area, opened it back up, and now all the radio does is beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep constantly when it is turned on. Tried a few different batteries, starting it up with buttons pressed, verifying that none of them are stuck down...all to no avail, all the thing does is annoyingly scream at me.

That sucks... You sure you checked all the buttons?

Unfortunately, yeah.  Tempted to tear apart the transmitter apart and take a look at the solder joints, but I'll hold off till I hear back from gearbest.  Damn tease....thing was fun while it lasted.

boooooooo

Damn. I tried to duplicate that noise by holding every button when turning on but no dice. I did however learn that if you hold the lower right trim tab and turn it on. The left right lean control switches to the left stick and rotate go to the right. Which results in a crash.

Yeah they wrote back, part of the reason for taking the video clip.  Not exactly sure what I'm supposed to replace the components with.  Pretty sad, had plans on purchasing another one of these for my nephew.

"Thank you very much for your recent message. 

Please try as follows: 
1.Replace the receiver board; 
2.Replacement frequency shift; 
3.Replacement remote control to operate again. 

Please let us know the result and please note that the item also will be in full charger. "

Yeah they wrote back, part of the reason for taking the video clip. Not exactly sure what I'm supposed to replace the components with. Pretty sad, had plans on purchasing another one of these for my nephew.

"Thank you very much for your recent message.

Please try as follows:

1.Replace the receiver board;

2.Replacement frequency shift;

3.Replacement remote control to operate again.

Please let us know the result and please note that the item also will be in full charger. "

I think that was written with a translator. I have no idea what that means and I doubt they know what it says either. Tell them to send a new transmitter. They're cheap. Edited by Gump

Got mine... Man that camera blows... Lol. Oh well, flying it is awesome! I can't wait for a nice day outside to play in my yard... Lol.

You don't need a nice day. It flies well in wind, on high rate.

Dam it! mine departed LA yesterday morning. WTF is up with the postal service these days!!!

Loaded question. Perhaps they couldn't afford employees since there are so many retirees they're still paying for. Mine took 4 days to go from a post office in NY, to a post office in NY an hour away.

finally a nice day to test my new antenna and just have some fun. I flew about 2,000 feet away still with FPV I could have gone farther but wasn't sure of how much battery I had since I made the mistake of flying with the wind and would have to fight the wind on the way back. I also just spent time playing with my settings. Here is a screen shot from a video I did.

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-07%20at%202.40.5

i got mine after 20 some days, tried to fly it today and the camera light comes on and that is it. Copter does nothing! this sucks!

Still nothing? Maybe a wires loose inside. With the screw driver they give you the top comes off super easy. Don't forget the two screws under the battery door on either side of the battery plug. You do not need to take out the screws that are around the motors. It snaps off really easy.

My bro just got 3 of them from them and they're all good. Some came in a all white box like mine did and another came in a Syma box.

Edited by Gump

One of my motors burned up already. Luckily, Amazon has them for cheap. Today would have been a perfect day to fly!!!

Really? Did you ever wreck it and not quickly drop throttle? I feel bad for recommending it now.... Mine and my bros all still fly perfect with tons of flights. Maybe GB was drunk for Chinese New Years a mixed up the returned quads.

On the other hand it's still a deal. My bro messed up the Cheerson cx-20 and the replacement parts are over $60.

Edited by Gump

Over 60?! Wow!!! I got 4 new motors for 15 bucks... No biggie. Plus I really like flying it. Don't feel bad for suggesting it, it's a lot of fun.

What mode do yall use on the controller? I have found mode 2 to be a lot easier...

Edited by jdonn

Flew my el cheapo so high today I almost lost sight of it. Then the wind took it about a half mile away with me running behind before I cut power and dropped it in a field. Just glad I didn't drop it in the pond.