Cheerson cx-20 quadcopter

Gump

Very interesting....but I am not sure that it should have all that motor noise. Other than that, look like about the average "1st" flight. if not even a little better since no crash involved.

For $50 bucks it flies great. We'll see if it lasts.

Didn't think they would do that much damage! Looked like an older guy, maybe he just had fragile skin. Lol

Nope they are dangerous and some people get carbon fiber blades that take chunks out of the body.  I always give the copter lots of room when landing.

What's the code?

It was at the top of their website. Idk if it was temp or something they do only sometimes...

Gearbest is having a 6 day 1st anniversary sale. 8% off or other coupon codes like $39 off a $300 purchase. And special discounted items like the Cheerson CX-20 is $269.99..Damn I'm tempted....

http://www.gearbest.com/m-promotion-active-126.html

Edited by Gump

Gearbest is having a 6 day 1st anniversary sale. 8% off or other coupon codes like $39 off a $300 purchase. And special discounted items like the Cheerson CX-20 is $269.99..Damn I'm tempted....

http://www.gearbest.com/m-promotion-active-126.html

Do it! That will be cool at the wayne.

Have wanted a quad for a long time...after watching a few videos, couldn't pass up the syma x5c-1.  Seems to have range problems, but simple antenna mods seem to help with that. 

Ya, the range is weird. I can fly up as far as I can see. Out ground level or down a hill and at about 50 yards it starts blinking. I've got about 20 flights on mine so far and is has developed a odd sound but hasn't effected performance yet.

Edited by Gump

I don't know where you all shop for quads and such, but check out www.banggood.com 

More and more stuff available in their USA warehouse. 

I've purchased from them, and other than a notable delay in getting stuff from their Chinese warehouse, its all been a good experience.

http://www.banggood.com/Cheerson-CX20-Opensource-Version-AutoPathfinder-Quadcopter-RTF-p-932145.html

I don't know where you all shop for quads and such, but check out www.banggood.com

More and more stuff available in their USA warehouse.

I've purchased from them, and other than a notable delay in getting stuff from their Chinese warehouse, its all been a good experience.

http://www.banggood.com/Cheerson-CX20-Opensource-Version-AutoPathfinder-Quadcopter-RTF-p-932145.html

That's a pretty good deal. Bang good wasn't that cheap on that quad a week ago and now GearBest took there Cheerson price back to normal. They change them often.

I wouldn't order anything from China now unless on sale and you don't care about shipping time. It's Chinese New Years and they all get drunk for a few weeks.

Gump, how long did yours take to arrive? I am hoping to see mine this week.

You should be able to track it from the site. You'll need to click the Netherlands post or the wang chow type postal link from Gearbest's site tracker page then manually type in your tracking number because it won't let you paste, on one or the other tracking pages. You can't just enter your number on the GearBest tracking page like you think it would work. You need to be on the suggested postal site, then enter your number and you'll be able to tell at least what country it's in.

About 19 days. My Syma got hung up in Newyork and took it 3 days to get to another post office an hour away. I think because of weather.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the syma in today...ordered on the 7th last month.  Took awhile, but I didn't expect much when ordering.

This thing is pretty damn maneuverable.  Was hesitant to try a flip, but after the first I couldn't stop.  Started messing around trying to chop the throttle at the right moment and got a couple doubles.....all in the single story living room.

Started using my real charger with the batteries instead of the USB thing....any idea of the C rating to charge at?  Normally I charge at lipos at 1c, but I'm hesitant with these little guys.

Just got the syma in today...ordered on the 7th last month. Took awhile, but I didn't expect much when ordering.

This thing is pretty damn maneuverable. Was hesitant to try a flip, but after the first I couldn't stop. Started messing around trying to chop the throttle at the right moment and got a couple doubles.....all in the single story living room.

Started using my real charger with the batteries instead of the USB thing....any idea of the C rating to charge at? Normally I charge at lipos at 1c, but I'm hesitant with these little guys.

Not sure on the c rating. thought it was 60 or something. Did you switch to mode two yet while flying? Top left circular button.

That's the high rates, right?  Switched over to high pretty quick after trying out the camera.  Wasn't all that impressed with the video quality, but that was in a dimly lit apartment. 

Looking forward to trying some forward flight in a bigger area tomorrow and maybe a little outdoor as well.

That's the high rates, right?  Switched over to high pretty quick after trying out the camera.  Wasn't all that impressed with the video quality, but that was in a dimly lit apartment. 

Looking forward to trying some forward flight in a bigger area tomorrow and maybe a little outdoor as well.

Ya, high rate. It's a blast outside.

Ordered mine on the 11th.  tracking shows it processed through the sort facility in New York on Friday.  looking forward to getting it in the air. 

on another note.  curse this website and all of you.  I've gone from a simple liking of motorcycles too spending too much monies on motorcycles, guns, knives, and now RC aircraft. 

DAM YOU ORDN!!!!

I LOVE IT HERE!!!

:crazy:

Ordered mine on the 11th. tracking shows it processed through the sort facility in New York on Friday. looking forward to getting it in the air.

I ordered mine on the 14th and it says the same thing... Takes time, I guess....