Not fair, the ringo ride got deleted

ringokid

I'm sure he or she was, but that's not what I'm saying. Chain stores get their dogs from massive breeder farms in Missouri, Michigan, Illinois and Ohio, and the conditions at those breeders would quite frankly sicken you. Think "just a shade or two better than an SPCA commercial." They spend so little on puppy care because even at $500-1500, the profits are thin at best, which is also why the puppy mills are so huge - they make it up in volume.

Until recently, Petland corporate did not even require buyers to register their dog's chips in case they're lost, or to spay/neuter their animal. I myself rescued an Old English Sheepdog a few years ago that hadn't been registered and I had to take 3 days off from work to track down the owner. Had I given up, that dog probably would have been destroyed. And of course non-neutered pets make more pets which make more pets, all whom need homes, and if not, they're destroyed or are eaten by predators or starve or are run over or become wild and aggressive.

When folks buy animals at pet stores, no matter how well-meaning and often with great outcomes, that slot is closed up to a rescue, guaranteeing another destroyed dog. The action also sustains demand on the pet stores to supply market demand, thus perpetuating the cycle.

I'm not saying that anyone who buys a pet at a store is bad, or that those animals are bad, but that it fails to solve the abandoned animal problem. Having rescued several over the years, I know they're no less worthy of life than a pure-bred, store-bought animal, and it breaks my heart to hear what my rescue friends have to deal with.

I will only ever get rescue pups.

When you buy a puppy you kill a rescue. It's really that simple.

I actually enjoyed every interaction with AFJ and we spent a lot of time at the track last year and the year before so it was fun. They are good guys, interesting that their is a cross forum issue with them lol.

There is no forum to forum issue other than you going to AFJ the day you got banned here and crying about OR like SUCH a little bitchface. Actually, it's little shits like you that promote the forum problems.

Tell us about this business of yours. I can tell you're dying to brag about it to anyone who will listen.

Joe:  You always have the option of reporting the alleged abuse to either the police or the county humane society.

Unfortunately for the animals, it takes a pretty high level of abuse/neglect/cruelty to trigger an intervention.

Got one of those neglected dogs next door to my sister and called Ham Cty SPCA a couple of times.

Bottom line, if the dog has adequate shelter and access to food and water, not much can be done.

Lack of socialization isn't one of the criteria.

Yeah, that's the problem. The problem was at the time, I had no clue where I was which makes it hard to report. It's shame that people even need to report that stuff but it's not surprising given how some treat other people even.

• 6 months later...

Bump :D you guys seemed to have fun little arguments among yourselves all while dragging up the past.  gqt1xgE.jpg

Skyy says hi. Anyone actually riding this season ? I want to go out with the newark boys. Also dont need to brag about work, nor was i trying too... I own professional video game teams. 

• Downvote 1

Bump :D you guys seemed to have fun little arguments among yourselves all while dragging up the past.

Skyy says hi. Anyone actually riding this season ? I want to go out with the newark boys. Also dont need to brag about work, nor was i trying too... I own professional video game teams.

haha ok ringotimmaayyyy

Bump :D you guys seemed to have fun little arguments among yourselves all while dragging up the past.

Uh, your the one digging up the past exhuming this 8 month old tapestry of shit :nono:

Also dont need to brag about work, nor was i trying too... I own professional video game teams.

You just enjoy self contradiction, dont you.

And absolute irony incarnate is a pic of you wearing a shirt saying TRUTH whilest your company's named Denial?

Oh, the hypocrisy

Edited by Hellmutt

^Ringo may be an asshat but he has never said something this fucking stupid or simple.^

Sounds like you're not very familiar with animal rescue math, but CSC is absolutely right. Talk with anyone in the animal rescue process and they'll tell you the same.

^Ringo may be an asshat but he has never said something this fucking stupid or simple.^

Ok punk, refute me. Show me I'm wrong. Explain to me how choosing to buy a puppy from a store or breeder doesn't deny a dog in a shelter a home and eventually causes a dog in a shelter to be euthanized. In pretty familiar with the system as I work with a local rescue fostering dogs until they can be adopted. Dogs that would otherwise be killed at overpopulated shelters.

Sounds like you're not very familiar with animal rescue math, but CSC is absolutely right. Talk with anyone in the animal rescue process and they'll tell you the same.

Then you and everyone else involved in the common core math are absolute fucking idiots believing your own circle jerk.

We spend a considerable amount of time & money involved in the rescue community. I have never heard anyone use such a stupid catchphrase. We must work with a higher class of reputable people that have actual common sense that don't devolve into saying asinine things to promote their limited views or knowledge.

• Upvote 1

We have organized, collected and donated thousands of dollars for shelters. We have transported, fostered and have a failed foster. Four out of the last six weekends we have been spent doing these things.

Telling someone that making a choice other than your choice amounts to killing animals is so disingenuous that it is laughable. I don't suffer fools easily & if anyone over the years had said that to me I would have shut that shit down right there and most likely not worked with them again.

Making ridiculous statements to promote your agenda is a great way to ruin your credibility and turn people off to your cause. Hyperbole is effective if used correctly but addressing an audience that are animal lovers already with the crippling decision to make the right choice for their family or kill another animal is a great way to disenfranchise that very group of people.

So you're saying its a matter of message? Fair enough, but it doesn't sound like you're refuting the fundamental truth of the statement itself, so get that sand out of your folds. Demand satisfied from a breeder is supply undemanded from a rescue, simple as that. Sure, there are folks who will have nothing but the finest of pedigrees, but so many others would, and are, delighted with a rescue animal, and most of those appreciate what they're doing to save a life.

Geeze dude, you're acting like its winter and you can't ride.

We have organized, collected and donated thousands of dollars for shelters. We have transported, fostered and have a failed foster. Four out of the last six weekends we have been spent doing these things.

Telling someone that making a choice other than your choice amounts to killing animals is so disingenuous that it is laughable. I don't suffer fools easily & if anyone over the years had said that to me I would have shut that shit down right there and most likely not worked with them again.

Making ridiculous statements to promote your agenda is a great way to ruin your credibility and turn people off to your cause. Hyperbole is effective if used correctly but addressing an audience that are animal lovers already with the crippling decision to make the right choice for their family or kill another animal is a great way to disenfranchise that very group of people.

Opinion.

Refute or quit being a pretentious assbag. You don't have to like what I say but if you tell me it's false and then don't back up that statement you're just running your mouth like the fools you don't suffer.

Show me how my statement is false or move on.