Not fair, the ringo ride got deleted

ringokid

AFJ is still a thing?

They are southerners I believe it's pronounced "thang" ;)

No matter. It's not like they can read.

Ouch!  And "Zing!"  C'mon, they are actually pretty good folks for the most part.  Plus, we southerners are a LOT CLOSER to great riding in NKY.

Sure, they've got their douche nozzles and winter drama-fests….just like another regional OH motorcycle forum I know, hmm?

Ouch! And "Zing!" C'mon, they are actually pretty good folks for the most part. Plus, we southerners are a LOT CLOSER to great riding in NKY.

Sure, they've got their douche nozzles and winter drama-fests….just like another regional OH motorcycle forum I know, hmm?

Those are the ones were drawing out. The smart ones know to disreguard our meaningless banter

AFJ is mostly full of excellent people, much like OR. I never understood the whole behaving like a complete twat on one forum and then turning around and being a perfectly fine human being on another while wondering aloud why they get treated differently at each place.

• Upvote 1

Oh joy. It's winter AND Ringo's back to spew his Summers Eve all over this place. Well, welcome back anyway.

I find it hilarious that his join date shows to be 12/30/15.....so am I to assume that's his ban deadline? :dunno:

• Upvote 1

are you here to stay, or are you here to be a little bitch again, and then go crying to AFJ about the big bad meanies at OR?

I actually enjoyed every interaction with AFJ and we spent a lot of time at the track last year and the year before so it was fun. They are good guys, interesting that their is a cross forum issue with them lol.  

Well if it isn't the chicken wing flappin' for $1.92, dog abusing asshole from the past. Welcome back dipshit. Guess Darwin must be behind schedule.

Dog abusing ? You took all that from a young kid trying to get rid of his dog, when he was in college? 

Dog abusing ? You took all that from a young kid trying to get rid of his dog, when he was in college?

Yep. You were basically holding that puppy for ransom instead of doing the right thing and giving it to a good home. You wanted $100 because you didn't make a good decision and wanted to minimize your losses. College kid or not, still a selfish move by someone who previously proved he was an immature asshat.

• Upvote 2

Yep. You were basically holding that puppy for ransom instead of doing the right thing and giving it to a good home. You wanted $100 because you didn't make a good decision and wanted to minimize your losses. College kid or not, still a selfish move by someone who previously proved he was an immature asshat.

Then every rescue in the country is a dog abuser. They ask for a re-homing fee for every single movement of a dog. Still have the dog, happy as can be and she has a big fenced in back yard to play in, now that i work from home and run my own company. 

• Downvote 1

Then every rescue in the country is a dog abuser. They ask for a re-homing fee for every single movement of a dog. Still have the dog, happy as can be and she has a big fenced in back yard to play in, now that i work from home and run my own company.

No they are not. They are a business. You were an immature asshat. Would you like some milk with that cookie for running your own business?

No they are not. They are a business. You were an immature asshat. Would you like some milk with that cookie for running your own business?

It's beyond that. Stores and breeders are one thing (PLEASE don't ever buy a bred pet from a store, and PLEASE always consider a rescue first), but that's not the real reason RESCUES charge a fee. It's to make sure new owners are serious and not just trying to turn the animals for profit to fighting, breeding and experimentation markets. It's to pay for medical expenses for that animal as well as others with more serious injuries and maladies that are treated because it's the right thing to do even if the shelter can never pay for those procedures from just adoption fees. It's to pay for spaying/neutering of that animal and often 1-2 others to make at least some dent in the numbers of discarded pets. It's to help defray the costs of flyers, adoption web listings, fuel, heat, electricity and so many more expenses incurred just in operating a shelter.

I have a good friend who operates a shelter in Columbus and others who foster dogs out of the kindness of their hearts. You would not believe what they have to see every week - the tragedy of human carelessness and pettiness and immaturity on these animals who are left outside in in lament weather, malnourished, unexercised, diseased and/or rarely experience the pack/family life a pack animal deserves.

• Upvote 1

What I'm trying to say is that it sounds like the dog is now happy and that hopefully you're fulfilling your ethical obligation to that animal. Hopefully it's not penned up 23 hours a day.

I can't stand it when people do that. I was on a dual sport ride last year and down this dirt road was a trailer with at least 5 dogs penned up in individual cages barely big enough to hold them. It sickens me. I really wanted to stop and let them all loose.

Joe:  You always have the option of reporting the alleged abuse to either the police or the county humane society.

Unfortunately for the animals, it takes a pretty high level of abuse/neglect/cruelty to trigger an intervention.

Got one of those neglected dogs next door to my sister and called Ham Cty SPCA a couple of times.

Bottom line, if the dog has adequate shelter and access to food and water, not much can be done.

Lack of socialization isn't one of the criteria.

Edited by Bubba

Bubba you are spot on, and kudos to you for trying to do something about it, but yea, pets have very little legal standing in Ohio, so a lot of times all we have is education, naming and shaming left to help those animals, and organizations like the SPCA and rescue groups to re-home neglected animals.

Truly the measure of a man is in how he treats animals. Get that loud and clear Ringokid?

Best dog I ever had came from Petland, so I debunk whatever theory or point that is trying to be made.

I'm sure he or she was, but that's not what I'm saying. Chain stores get their dogs from massive breeder farms in Missouri, Michigan, Illinois and Ohio, and the conditions at those breeders would quite frankly sicken you. Think "just a shade or two better than an SPCA commercial." They spend so little on puppy care because even at $500-1500, the profits are thin at best, which is also why the puppy mills are so huge - they make it up in volume.

Until recently, Petland corporate did not even require buyers to register their dog's chips in case they're lost, or to spay/neuter their animal. I myself rescued an Old English Sheepdog a few years ago that hadn't been registered and I had to take 3 days off from work to track down the owner. Had I given up, that dog probably would have been destroyed. And of course non-neutered pets make more pets which make more pets, all whom need homes, and if not, they're destroyed or are eaten by predators or starve or are run over or become wild and aggressive.

When folks buy animals at pet stores, no matter how well-meaning and often with great outcomes, that slot is closed up to a rescue, guaranteeing another destroyed dog. The action also sustains demand on the pet stores to supply market demand, thus perpetuating the cycle.

I'm not saying that anyone who buys a pet at a store is bad, or that those animals are bad, but that it fails to solve the abandoned animal problem. Having rescued several over the years, I know they're no less worthy of life than a pure-bred, store-bought animal, and it breaks my heart to hear what my rescue friends have to deal with.

It's beyond that. Stores and breeders are one thing (PLEASE don't ever buy a bred pet from a store, and PLEASE always consider a rescue first), but that's not the real reason RESCUES charge a fee. It's to make sure new owners are serious and not just trying to turn the animals for profit to fighting, breeding and experimentation markets. It's to pay for medical expenses for that animal as well as others with more serious injuries and maladies that are treated because it's the right thing to do even if the shelter can never pay for those procedures from just adoption fees. It's to pay for spaying/neutering of that animal and often 1-2 others to make at least some dent in the numbers of discarded pets. It's to help defray the costs of flyers, adoption web listings, fuel, heat, electricity and so many more expenses incurred just in operating a shelter.

I have a good friend who operates a shelter in Columbus and others who foster dogs out of the kindness of their hearts. You would not believe what they have to see every week - the tragedy of human carelessness and pettiness and immaturity on these animals who are left outside in in lament weather, malnourished, unexercised, diseased and/or rarely experience the pack/family life a pack animal deserves.

Thanks for detailing out what i was inferring by my statement. I was trying to keep my response simple for the simpleton i was responding to.