Picture and video editing software needed.

2talltim

My oldest wants this for Christmas. Basically looking for middle of the road to entry level stuff. She will use it for class projects and marching band videos and music events. I'm a dummy when it comes to this so fire away at recommendations. Must be compatible with windows 7. And want good bang for buck.

Edited by 2talltim

Adobe Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements.  Both are scaled down versions of the full blown versions. Rock solid stuff, not too expensive. 104 bucks for both is a great deal, if she is the right kind of student you can get both for 80 bucks.

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements.html

The Adobe Creative Suite is a must if she wants to create a foundational knowledge in the field. It is very inexpensive and depending on the school they can sometimes get copies of premier versions. Yes, even high schools or jr. high. Just get in contact with the tech department at the school, if they have one.

Adobe Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements.  Both are scaled down versions of the full blown versions. Rock solid stuff, not too expensive. 104 bucks for both is a great deal, if she is the right kind of student you can get both for 80 bucks.

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements.html

Ok i went with your sugestion but i have one question. My daughters laptop has a...

AMD E-300 APU with AMD Radeon™ HD 6310 Graphics processor.

Photoshop and premier elements say system requirements are.... 

• 2GHz or faster processor with SSE2 support; dual-core processor required for HDV or AVCHD editing and Blu-ray or AVCHD export; Intel Core i7 required for XAVC-S

Will this still run, im already understanding performance will be slow. We purchased it at bestbuy but haven't opened the package yet.

Edited by 2talltim