Got my first straight razor shave

chevysoldier

My wife got me a full service shave at The Art of Shaving at Easton for my birthday. I have never had a straight razor shave before. I was a bit unsure about it but have always wanted to. It was amazing. Closest shave I have ever had and crazy smooth. Here is from the website. Although mine took an hour.

ROYAL SHAVE - 45 MIN

$55

Our signature service, The Royal Shave is the ultimate indulgence. Experience the ritual of The 4 Elements of the Perfect Shave® performed by our expertly trained Master Barbers. This relaxing escape begins with a hot towel and a protective layer of Pre-Shave Oil to prepare your skin. Next, Shaving Cream is applied to the face in a rich, hot lather. Our skilled Master Barbers use a traditional Straight Razor with precision and mastery to shave with the grain first, and then re-lather and shave once more against the grain for closeness. A second hot towel, infused with Lemon Essential Oil, is applied and followed by the After Shave Mask, replenishing the skin’s moisture after the shave. Next, a cold towel, infused with Lavender Essential Oil, provides a soothing and relaxing experience. The Perfect Shave® concludes with the Hydrating Toner and the application of the After Shave Balm to hydrate the freshly shaven skin.

If you have never been, I highly recommend it. I was so relaxed and comfortable I could hardly talk and walk. Lol

Edited by chevysoldier

I've had one straight razor shave it was down at a no name  barber in SC... it was amazing though.. I will have to say I've been into The Art of shaving recently and that place is just awesome.  the staff if great and friendly with their knowledge.. if I finally decide to  go clean again i'll be going there for the  first shave

• Upvote 1

Ive never had a straight razor but I use a safety razor and follow a similar procedure.. I Shower then lather up with a hot lather. then shave with the grain lather again,  then against. need to get some after shave balm though that would be awesome..

• Upvote 1

Yeah that place is amazing, and I now use a badger hair brush and nothing but shaving soap since I visited.

Last year she got me a top of the line brush, pre shave oil, shave cream and after shave lotion. The stuff is awesome. Idon't have issues with my neck getting razor burn since i started using this stuff.

:wtf: From the "OR King of facial hair"?

Haha!! I go to the barber every couple weeks. I get a "razor fade" which means they start with a straight razor and fade from bottom to top, shortest being on the bottom. I also have a part razor cut into my hair, so in the morning, there is no drama finding my part.