Petition to legalize lane splitting

I am all for lane splitting, but I didn't think it was formally legal in California, thought it was just allowed. Just thought the wording is a little odd. Also, I would imagine this being more of a state issue than a federal issue. Either way, signing because I want it.

I remember reaching out to a local representative, he reached out to ODOT. ODOT stated they would not allow it because cars would want to do it too. Just add that to all the stupid things government can say...

• Upvote 1

Signed... But I think most people won't know how to do it properly. And cagers will try to block lanes and cause problems.

But fast forward several years and it should become second nature.

Edited by mojocho
  • Upvote 1

And cagers will try to block lanes and cause problems.

This...it will take a long time for them to accept it and/or even learn it's legal. Until then, expect cagers to do what they can to make it difficult or impossible to do. Still, I'm all for it.

Edited by ScubaCinci
  • Upvote 1

Signed it, but really don't care if it's legal or not, I do it when the situation calls for it. My riding rarely depends on what is "legal", instead it's dictated by what is "convenient" and "appropriate" for the situation. All of these terms are subjective and depend on my mood.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I signed it but, lane splitting in the kitchen is dangerous.

Every time I step foot in the kitchen I hear "GET OUTTA MY KITCHEN!" in a Georgia accent. So I wouldn't know if its allowed or not.

She beats me.

Badly.

• Upvote 2

Signing it as soon as I get off work, I've already made phone calls to my Ohio state representatives a couple months ago with no results.

Think like a politician...

This isn't worth their attention.  It's a hard-sell to the legislature, and it's not going to generate funds or votes. 

Signed it, but really don't care if it's legal or not, I do it when the situation calls for it. My riding rarely depends on what is "legal", instead it's dictated by what is "convenient" and "appropriate" for the situation. All of these terms are subjective and depend on my mood.

The guy who wants stricter gun laws in order to protect people willfully breaks laws designed to protect him. Well I'll be.....

• Upvote 2

Every time I step foot in the kitchen I hear "GET OUTTA MY KITCHEN!" in a Georgia accent. So I wouldn't know if its allowed or not.

She beats me.

Badly.

Lol... I just make a lot of noise. Our kitchen is little so only the cat can really lane split.

Not sure what ordinance they used to cite you since in Ohio it is NOT addressed in the ORC that I am aware of. Kinda of the catch 22...Not legal and not illegal since it is not in the law books. Would have probably wrote you on reckless or illegal passing.

Edited by myhondas