Pre Happy Thug's Giving!!!

M_Quick

Are any of your insurance companies the same as their insurance, if so, that sucks. Do either of the insurance companies have a social media page? Maybe you can embarrass them "with facts" for the hell of it, if you're not happy.

My home owners and auto insurance are both different from the at fault parties. The car that did the damage is cover'd by First Acceptance. I personally have never herd of them. I don't think they are connected to any social media, but idk for sure. We still have not herd back from there adjuster. I meet with the owner today of http://buckeyerestoration.com/ They seam really professional and used common  courtesy, from the 1st phone call, the conformation call, and the in home inspection. I didn't get a $ amount estimate, he said he needed to make contact with my adjuster 1st. He seamed to think the whole south wall, east header wall, and part of north wall needs replaced. And said he'd quote the job for complete inside painting and out side stucco. And then told me to paint the inside, I'd have to clear out the entire garage! I sure hope my insurance figures this expense in, as wel, as the repair cost. I'm going to ask for safe storage on the car, for the time of repair if possible. I hate to park the Stang on the street. Maybe I can plan it to be repaired  the same time the garage is being rebuilt...   

The pocket object appears to be the butt of a handgun.

Sorry Mick. Might be time to get out of there. Move out here to the country.

Do you have a spot for me to park a dbl wide trailer, along with some electric and water to pouch?

GD I received a copy of the bill for the emergency board up services. Total material used (6) sheets of 1/2" 4X8 chip board plywood, (12) 2X4's 8ft long. A box of 2 1/2" and 1 1/4" drywall screws. One guy was there maybe 4hrs another for 3. Part of time spent was going back to Lowes for more wood. My father in law and I helped 1st guy, cut and remove the door and debris. And job was temporary at best. They just angled 2 screws in per 2x4. And left a nice size bird hole, you could toss a football through. Idk why it took them as long as it did, but they were there from 5-9. I'd love to see the itemized bill.

$1660.18

Edited by M_Quick

as long as you have underinsured/uninsured coverage, right?  I don't think that is automatically included in every policy ??

He's not claiming on his car insurance for the building / atv etc.  That's his home insurance.  Collusion / uninsured for the car.  Then they will go after him.

Light him out - if he was not insured then you car have his license suspended until he pays or sets up a payment plan.  Maybe the mother too?

Got an estimate yet?

Owner of car is jointly liable with the driver.  She has a choice - report the car stolen and evade liability at the cost of her son getting a GTA charge.   OR admitting she let him drive and her getting a wrongful entrustment charge (allowing someone to drive the car without insurance).   If the CPD are really that apathetic about the insurance at the scene then maybe they won't care to pursue it. 

Don't bother trying to sue for distress for a non-injury claim.  

Let your insurance do the heavy lifting - don't talk to her insurance any more.

Edited by Scruit

If he has a CHL then leave him alone.  We can't claim that CHL is not proof of good character for him then turn around and it IS proof of good character for us.  

Thug?  Unless he acted like a thug at the scene then you can't say that.  If he acted appropriately at the scene, and has a permit for the gun and all he did wrong was crash his car without insurance then I wouldn't call him a thug.  Nor would I make any assumptions about drug use.  Where is the basis for that?  

If he has a CHL then leave him alone.  We can't claim that CHL is not proof of good character for him then turn around and it IS proof of good character for us.  

Thug?  Unless he acted like a thug at the scene then you can't say that.  If he acted appropriately at the scene, and has a permit for the gun and all he did wrong was crash his car without insurance then I wouldn't call him a thug.  Nor would I make any assumptions about drug use.  Where is the basis for that?  

Have you read the entire thread and what the OP said about the guy who hit his garage? And what some of us may deem as a thug or a punk in our eyes, you obviously may or may not.

Have you read the entire thread and what the OP said about the guy who hit his garage? And what some of us may deem as a thug or a punk in our eyes, you obviously may or may not.

I read the whole the thing. I must have missed the thuggish behavior bit.

Wow, really sorry to hear this Mick!  I'm not sure a lawyer will get you anything more than your insurance can.  You can't bleed a turnip, right?

Thx, and yeah I believe your right about the lawyer. Even so we are still going to reach out to a few, and see what they say, As far as I know my insurance company will fight for the damages, and I have no right to that other than my deductible..

He's not claiming on his car insurance for the building / atv etc.  That's his home insurance.  Collusion / uninsured for the car.  Then they will go after him.

Light him out - if he was not insured then you car have his license suspended until he pays or sets up a payment plan.  Maybe the mother too?

Got an estimate yet?

Owner of car is jointly liable with the driver.  She has a choice - report the car stolen and evade liability at the cost of her son getting a GTA charge.   OR admitting she let him drive and her getting a wrongful entrustment charge (allowing someone to drive the car without insurance).   If the CPD are really that apathetic about the insurance at the scene then maybe they won't care to pursue it. 

Don't bother trying to sue for distress for a non-injury claim.  

Let your insurance do the heavy lifting - don't talk to her insurance any more.

We wasted a couple hours today at court. The driver had traffic court, so we went to hopefully see them jerk his licences or give us the prof of insurance since it was never really provided and left off the police report. Well the clerk and prosecutor tried to help, and had the magistrate ask him for his proof of insurance. He went through all his pocket's at least twice, then  told her it's in my phone. She said well go get your phone, he went back up and asked the clerk if he gave it to her? Like wtf is it a card or in your phone? So I'm not sure what happen'd next, but he was given till 3/31/15 to pay like $140.00 and he walked out, and returned with a piece of paper. The magistrate said oh you found it, he approached she asked for the file back and put a check mark in a box, We never got any proof!!! We talked with the prosecutor and was told to just sue him civilly. We were't there to sue just to get ins proof or him to loose his licence, we didn't achieve either! Were waiting on a denial letter from the mother's insurance agency. She called us today and said they were not going to cover it, and she knows she's at fault for letting him drive uninsured. When we get the denial letter were going to send it to the BMV along with form 3033. And hopefully they will suspend his driving privileges.

Here's what this fine outstanding citizen decided to wear to court toady. Looks good, if you like the pants below the ass look...

20141205_103031_2_zps5298a3bf.jpg

As far as estimate's I've had 3 company's come over so far. One is sending there mason by tomorrow to take a personal look. And one submitted a est. of just over 13k with some open end items, like permit cost and inspection fee's and some other jiberish. I thin this will be the lowest estimate of the 3, because of the way the other's said the roof would have to come off to properly re-brace it to the block wall. 

Edited by M_Quick

That's fuckin crazy. Why couldn't the judge provide you with a copy of the proof of ins?

Just my luck. I think she forgot the purpose in asking for it, as long as it took him to find it. The magistrate was in the middle of the next case when he came back in with something. I'm sure it was just a copy of his mom's insurance, but who knows.

Just my luck. I think she forgot the purpose in asking for it, as long as it took him to find it. The magistrate was in the middle of the next case when he came back in with something. I'm sure it was just a copy of his mom's insurance, but who knows.

What proof of insurance did you need? You are already talking with the car owner's insurers. He could give the court an insurance card for the car and they'll accept - are excluded drivers listed on the card? Or was her insurance for her only?

So the prosecutor knows he was not covered by that policy yet didn't say anything to the judge? That's messed up.

Still, you car insurance should cover the mustang. Will your home insurance cover the building? Then let THEM chase payment until the end of all time.

As I understood it, the kids mothers insurance company is denying the claim because the kid wasn't covered. If he was covered, then the court will be able to provide Mick with the proof of insurance that he could take back to the insurance company to prove that there was coverage and that they are liable.

Any proof of insurance would be nice! I shouldn't be the one flipping for the (2) $500 deductibles, 3 if I claim the damage to my atv trailer. I have no idea whats on there card, I have never seen it. I don't see how when the magistrate ask for proof of insurance, you could simply flash him anybody else s insurance card and that be good.  My home owners ins will cover me less the deductible, and they will go after the OP insurance. As far as the car goes, same thing, but as of now i cant even get it out of garage for a estimate. I'm hoping they suspend there drivers licence until this is fully paid back to my insurance companies. Unless my insurance agency's backs there's into paying anyway, which is what I for see at this time. And I still hope to seek leagal advice as far as loose of use and pain in the ass reimbursements...

Under Ohio law, in the case of a motor vehicle accident, both driver AND owner are responsible for making sure the operation of the vehicle was covered by insurance. 

As I understood it, the kids mothers insurance company is denying the claim because the kid wasn't covered. If he was covered, then the court will be able to provide Mick with the proof of insurance that he could take back to the insurance company to prove that there was coverage and that they are liable.

He must be 21 to have a CHL, so he is not really a kid. ;)

LoL. Was it me that said to contact an attorney? Damn!! Let's pretend I didnt. :(

What you said was if I didn't I was a jackass! I don't really care why you had the change in heart.

As far as the kid comments , well he is the child of the car owner. Making him her kid regardless of his age. The boy is 25yrs old if it matters.