Anyone else flirt with a Craigslist obsession?

smccrory

Especially now that it's winter, I find myself irrelevantly visiting Craigslists' motorcycle for-sale section every couple days. I don't need any more bikes, and some of it is just to keep up with bike values and to spot for a couple friends, but I'll secretly admit that I'm also keeping my eyes out for that special vintage scrambler or BMW R series project, ideally being sold by a distressed seller at a deep discount, or someone who doesn't know what they have...

Am I sick?

Especially now that it's winter, I find myself irrelevantly visiting Craigslists' motorcycle for-sale section every couple days. I don't need any more bikes, and some of it is just to keep up with bike values and to spot for a couple friends, but I'll secretly admit that I'm also keeping my eyes out for that special vintage scrambler or BMW R series project, ideally being sold by a distressed seller at a deep discount, or someone who doesn't know what they have...

Am I sick?

Now is the time of year to buy on the cheap then sell in the spring or after you ride it for a season or two.  I've flipped at least a dozen bikes that way.  

Not a fan of the place, never bought from there and likely never will.........too many creepy people like Todd who hang out there. :)

We're back to talking about motorcycles, right? Though I for one am Happy Todd is doing his best to bring seasonal joy to the lonely.  I just hope it comes with salve.  :lol:

There's a '72 CL350 Scrambler I can't stop looking at, and a '74 BMW R75 with an R90 cowling - both with decent starting prices.  But I'm already waist-deep in a '66 CB77 rehab and won't be able to get my car in the garage if I buy any more bikes...  Damn motorcyclist problems...

Creepy? Psssht, I'm probably the kindest, sweetest, honest, most genuine sick twisted perverted fucker you know. But never creepy, I'm too up front and open to be creepy.

If you find yourself roofied, made the star of one of my videos and left naked in a Mexican blanket in a corn field you really can't be mad about it or act surprised because really you knew it would happen. So no, deff not creepy

• Upvote 1

Creepy? Psssht, I'm probably the kindest, sweetest, honest, most genuine sick twisted perverted fucker you know. But never creepy, I'm too up front and open to be creepy.

If you find yourself roofied, made the star of one of my videos and left naked in a Mexican blanket in a corn field you really can't be mad about it or act surprised because really you knew it would happen. So no, deff not creepy

Blanket???  Why didn't I rate a Blanket?????

I don't need any other projects now either but I still have saved searches for an old R90, CL350, other dumb stuff. I got a Z50 as a cheap fix for when I need to tear into something. It makes me happy knowing I have something I can completely swap out the top end for with about $200.

The main thing stopping me is I'm trying to save for a Ural or something with a sidecar. The world needs more dogs on motorcycles and I want to be part of the solution. For science.

I don't need any other projects now either but I still have saved searches for an old R90, CL350, other dumb stuff. I got a Z50 as a cheap fix for when I need to tear into something. It makes me happy knowing I have something I can completely swap out the top end for with about $200.

The main thing stopping me is I'm trying to save for a Ural or something with a sidecar. The world needs more dogs on motorcycles and I want to be part of the solution. For science.

You and I have similar project tastes.  I'd love a CL350 or R90, or even a 50-60-75/5-6 if it were priced right.  There are a few of each out there right now but (thankfully?) I'm focusing myself on the CB77.  In fact I finished the tank, side panels and sump cover's base coats on Monday and am letting them cure before I put down a 2K clearcoat.  I also got a replacement speedo/tach/odo cluster in the mail yesterday.

Downloaded a CL app on my phone, and look almost daily.  Seems like there are great deals on there all the time, but when I have money and am ready to buy, the good deals evaporate... 

Yea.  The trick is to have cash ready and transportation easy to arrange, and then just keep looking and pounce like a puma when that ONE comes up.

That's when CL gets me in trouble with the wife...  When I've got cash and am ready to act when "the one" pops up I go into what the wife calls hypersearch mode.  I get to know the last 3 weeks worth of CL ads for 100 miles in every direction looking for what I want.  I really enjoy the hunt.