Ecigs, vaporizers and other tobacco alternatives

Gixxus Christ!

I just started with the ecigs also.  Still learning it, but so far I have no craving for a cigerette.  I bought a starter kit from V2, it came with 2 batteries and 10 cartidges.  I ended up stopping at the Vapor Station in Pickerington and bought one of their refillable tanks and some Rootbeer flavored juice.  I love it, it tastes like the old rootbeer barrels from when I was a kid.  I also picked up an atomic fireball juice which is ok.  A friend of mine is using the same gear but he has red bull flavored juice and menthol x2.  The menthol x2 tastes like halls, not what I would choose to use but he likes it.  If I had to do over, I would have just went into the vapor station and bought everything from them, it would have been cheaper in the long run.  The guys I work with are all vaping (just for you MP) and some of them have started building their own coils and what not also.  A lot of places allow you to use them indoors, which is awesome.  At least for now.  I figure there will soon be laws against using them indoors, but until then I will use it whereever.

• Upvote 1

Careful with cinnamon juice in plastic tanks. It will etch the plastic and make it brittle. Kangertech protanks are pyrex. I recently ordered an itaste vv/vw battery on ebay for about half of what they cost at a shop along with a protank 3 that was about $10 cheaper. The root beer juice is awesome, I just ran out today. The protank 3 has dual 2 ohm coils and when coupled with a capable battery like an ego twist let's you blow enormous bong rips at around 4v....clouds so thick I can't see my tv through them. Can't wait for my itaste so I can tune wattage instead of voltage, it's supposed to be better. Do you know if the guys building coils are getting into sub - ohm territory I hear you need mechanical mods to run those.

Wow 5 extra coils? I'd invest in a spare battery. I have the twist, it runs the protank great. Good vape at around 4.4v. I've been having trouble finding decent juice. A lot of the name brand stuff in the shops taste like incense and cheap perfume. A shop in Akron mixes their own on premises and it's a lot better. I did order a few bottles from Mr e vapors that should be here soon.

Wow 5 extra coils? I'd invest in a spare battery. I have the twist, it runs the protank great. Good vape at around 4.4v. I've been having trouble finding decent juice. A lot of the name brand stuff in the shops taste like incense and cheap perfume. A shop in Akron mixes their own on premises and it's a lot better. I did order a few bottles from Mr e vapors that should be here soon.

I am going thru a fair number of kandertech coils. Not sure what the deal is. And yes, finding juice can suck. Lots have the weird taste you describe.

Yeah I will be ordering a spare battery in the future.  I want to get it and test it out fir a bit.  If it lasts me all day that is all I need.  Yeah guy on ebay was selling the longer coils for $10/5 coils.  He said the longer coils are much better than the standard coils.  We shall see whan I get them.....

You can just buy wire and an ohms meter and rebuild them. My sister does.

Appreciate that, but I'm gonna stick with the one click buy button at Amazon. Working at that detailed level on this thing will make me want to smoke again.

• Upvote 1

Ok so I got my innoken itaste 3.0 vv/vw today and it's pretty awesome. Detects the resistance of your atomizer and displays it, keeps count of how many hits you take and lets you tune either voltage or wattage. It's a ppass through and charges via micro usb which means when it dies you can plug it in and vape without waiting for it to charge. It's got a 3 color led button; green, yellow and red depending on the state of the battery. It runs my protank 3 like a champ and when I swap to a different tank I can quickly check the ohms on the coil and adjust the wattage or voltage accordingly. retails for $50-60. Got it on ebay for $28 and it got to my door in 4 business days.

Nice, and answer your ealier question about mico ohms, yeah one of the guys here is doing it.  He is using a paper clip to wrap the coils.  He is going to show me how to do the coils on the protank 3.  Can't wait to get the new gear. 

Yep for sure, I was spending 150 bucks a month on regular cigs.  I spent 50 bucks for my original kit and it lasted about a month.  Now I just buy juice about every 2 weeks for 10 bucks or so.  It has already paid for itself and I have no craving for cigs.

• Upvote 1

I got my ego Twist last night.  I bought the kit and got the tank, charger and battery.  Good thing too, my old tank was a disposable and was going bad.  So I am using the new battery and tank.  So far it's working great, I can't wait for the Kanger tank to get here.  Hopefully tonight.