CAC with Valkyrie Defense Group - Full Review

madcat6183

That was big for me this past weekend. I was really shocked at how many hits I was getting center mass without lining up the sights.

Exactly, I was the guy who asked about the sights because I had never thought about it or tried to just aim center mass, always more target shooting.  Brian's answer was just what I was looking for and he said if you need to use them at 10 feet to hit center mass do, it would however be best not to.

I was 100% able to see them but still be focusing on the actual target not the sights if that makes sense.  It was crazy because I was still hitting center mass but not actually "lining up" just using the sight silhouette in my view of the target.  Dunno, hard to explain but it worked. 

Exactly, I was the guy who asked about the sights because I had never thought about it or tried to just aim center mass, always more target shooting.  Brian's answer was just what I was looking for and he said if you need to use them at 10 feet to hit center mass do, it would however be best not to.

I was 100% able to see them but still be focusing on the actual target not the sights if that makes sense.  It was crazy because I was still hitting center mass but not actually "lining up" just using the sight silhouette in my view of the target.  Dunno, hard to explain but it worked. 

WITCHCRAFT!!!!!!

If we had more time and I knew you guys wanted to see more of this we would have moved back to 15 yards. At that point there is going to be a shift in the application of the fundamentals on getting your hits. Finding that balance of speed and precision is more difficult from there on back.

The target dictates the need for precision. Is there a situation where you could be 5 yards from the target and need the sights? Yes we realized that on number calls. If the target requires a precise hit we have to use the sights or if we are at an extreme distance and we have the combat effective high center chest present we still might need those sights to make the hit. It is all skill based and fully Dependant on the shooter. How do we figure it out? We train.

Not me...I prefer my crimson trace. I can get two shots off into your mass before you have got your gun up to your eye level and take aim. Got them on my XDs45, M&P Shield9, & LC9s. Sighted in for 15yds and anything from there to me. :facepalm:

Not me...I prefer my crimson trace. I can get two shots off into your mass before you have got your gun up to your eye level and take aim. Got them on my XDs45, M&P Shield9, & LC9s. Sighted in for 15yds and anything from there to me. :facepalm:

Baller

Not sure if serious or sarcasm? :dunno:

Edited by kawi kid

Baller....really. since you don't know me at all, pretty judgmental of you.

All I was stating was a fact that one can pull from holster and bring on target and fire while the handgun is still at waist level. I do have truglo brite-site TFO Tritium sights on my LC9S but love the crimison trace setup since it is so intuitive to use. Both systems work really well and are a pleasure to have and use.

Edited by myhondas

Baller....really. since you don't know me at all, pretty judgmental of you.

All I was stating was a fact that one can pull from holster and bring on target and fire while the handgun is still at waist level. I do have truglo brite-site TFO Tritium sights on my LC9S but love the crimison trace setup since it is so intuitive to use. Both systems work really well and are a pleasure to have and use.

I would like to see this. 

• Upvote 1

So, just watched a quick vid on another training instructor doing a retreating shoot scenario, from close up about 2-3 feet, retreating to a safe distance/cover, then retreating to vehicle and using it as cover as well.

The gist of the story was that he believes that carrying the muzzle pointed up in this scenario between retreats(first series of shots after the first break away shot was fired were all done retreating) was a safer option when trying to run away to cover.  So it went like this, assailant ties you up, fire off a break away series of rounds, fire 2-3 rounds while more retreating is done, turn point muzzle up while  running to retreat, find cover, fire rounds, point muzzle up and run to vehicle, empty mag into assailant and reload before trying to enter vehicle and leave.

Thoughts? 

How do you like the LC9S?  Just curious if the difference is enough to like that gun because the LC9 was probably the most uncomfortable gun I have ever handled, especially for not being a true pocket gun.

The LC9s is a totally different gun from the LC9. I bought the lc9 for it's size and easy concealment but found the very long trigger pull to be very annoying and lending itself to trigger jerks. The LC9s is the striker fire version and it compares well with the S&W M&P Shield 9 and the XDs45. I almost wish that Ruger had given it a complete different designation since it is so different from the original.  Everyone has their own likes and dislikes and shooting styles. Only :asshat:  ridicule others points of view when it doesn't agree with their own version of life as they see it. It is like watching TV cop shows. I get a kick watching them going through & clearing a building holding their weapon out at a full arms distance and swinging it stiff arm all over the place. Good way to lose your weapon and your life. Crimson Trace has a great video on their site showing the capabilities & uses of the CTL . & yes, it is a self promotion video, but it still offers great insight into the advantages and uses of the laser. Neat thing about the CTL is it comes on with just gripping the gun, but release middle finger pressure and it is off. What I also love is the new TruGlo night brite sights....they really do glow in the dark and only toward the back of the gun...front is black so your target sees nothing except muzzle flash.

By the way...I have been shooting pistol since the late 60's and served with Cleveland PD for a number of years. Still have and use a few revolvers even in a concealed manner.

Edited by myhondas