2015 chevy colorado, gmc caynon

speedytriple

Will it eat valves like the 5 cylinder motor they had?

They are supposed to have the Eco-Diesel as an option and I think they told that motor to go F itself after costing a ton of $$ for them...  At least I hope they did.  It never worked in the H3, not sure whey they tried it in the Colorado/Canyon.

They have GM's HFV6 (High Feature V6) in them.  This engine has had a few hiccups (timing chain issues) early in it's life, but they're pretty solid these days.  I work for a Cadillac dealer, and everything but the Escalade has the HFV6 available in it, even twin turbo in the XTS.  This engine mated to the virtually trouble free 6L series of transmissions should be a pretty reliable package.  

As long as they got rid of all of the Isuzu like interior and driveline stuff, this should be a pretty good truck.  

The recalls have been minor stuff, like and airbag module reprogram, and a hood hinge torque check.  Wait a few months and see how many recalls we actually get for them as they tweak the build process.

I'm waiting on a diesel version and thought it was supposed to be available but I can't find much about it now.

My 2012 i5 canton was fine. Others had a lot off issues with other parts of it though. Mine was perfect somehow.

Edited by Gump

I'd buy the Forester XT, tomorrow...if it came with a manual transmission. :(

Yeah. I've had manuals all my life too.

I could deal with automatic on this. Loved the Touring model with Nav and Eyesight.

Sticker 36K. Offered it to me for 34.5ish.

Over priced? Have you looked at a toyota lately? $45K for a four door 4x4 that is still midsized. Not a huge deisel guy, just don't know enough bout them to really ever look at a truck with one in it. As many miles as i tend to put on my cars i ought to look into them more.

Edited by speedytriple

I need a four door truck to carry my kids around sometimes, and i drive 60 miles a day to work. Mid sized trucks just make more sense for me. I could get a 1500 with a v6 to get better gas milage but if im going to do that the extra money would be better spent on a nicer midsized model.

Hell I picked up my 4 door f150 fully loaded new for 32k

MSRP is in the mid $50s fully loaded. End of year deals right now are mid $40s. You can get an XLT with cloth in the low $30s right now. I've been shopping for a supercrew with the 6.5' bed and leather for a few months now. Probably a Lariat or FX4. Just can't justify the price tag.

MSRP is in the mid $50s fully loaded. End of year deals right now are mid $40s. You can get an XLT with cloth in the low $30s right now. I've been shopping for a supercrew with the 6.5' bed and leather for a few months now. Probably a Lariat or FX4. Just can't justify the price tag.

Then you have the King Ranch, Platinum, Raptor, etc which are even more.

I have a coworker who is "A plan" with Ford. 20% discount on new vehicles 3-5 times a year. Found this out after purching wifes Fusion.

Will definatly be using that in the next couple years when its my turn for a new vehicle. Find a ford employee or exemployee and offer them a grand for thier discount.

Mine is a xlt, msrp was 45k and I picked it up in april of 2013, it's a 2013 model. Fairway ford in canfield has them for stupid prices. The 32 or 33k was out the door.

And you can get these prices all day long in MI if you're willing to travel and have no option for A or X plan pricing.  The dealer by our cottage in West Bloomfield constantly has XLT  SCSBs for under 35K, not like 1-2, but like 20-30 at a time.  They have been soliciting my dad for months to trade his free/clear F150 in, but no point since it's not costing anything at all to keep driving.

IF I were in the market there is no truck I would buy besides an F150, yeah I am a Ford guy, but in the end, I would regardless when comparing financing, prices, options, and motors for MPG.  The thing I HATE about Dodge and Chevy is they always quote the mpg for 2x4 with the V6 motor, nothing else.  Read the fine print on all their ads, but in real life a truck with any power will not get that mpg of those 2 brands.  There in lies the Ecoboost, which if setup correctly(blue0636) and driven somewhat normal, you will see 19-22mpg all day long, with a 4x4 package.

The only trucks I would possibly entertain would be the Dodge or Chevy's with the ecodiesels, but I can only guess what the prices are on those. 

I have the ecoboost and normally average 16ish which seems to be the norm on the f150 forums. I didnt buy it for MPG though, I put a tow tune on and it makes crazy tq for a gas motor. Use it to tow the enclosed trailer or my car on an open trailer, would like to pick up a toy hauler in the next year or two as well.