DAVE LETTERMAN'S 10 REASONS TO VOTE DEMOCRAT:

#10. I vote Democrat because I love the fact that I can now
        marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my German    
        Shepherd.

#9. I vote Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits
        of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government
         taxing the same gallon at 15% isn't.

#8. I vote Democrat because I believe the government will do a  
         better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

#7. I vote Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as
         long as nobody is offended by it.

#6. I vote Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own
          a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to
          protect me from murderers and thieves. I am also thankful
          that we have a 911 service that get police to your home in
          order to identify your body after a home invasion.

#5. I vote Democrat because I'm not concerned about
           millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep
           all death row inmates alive and comfy.

#4. I vote Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a
            right to free health care, education, and Social Security
            benefits, and we should take away Social Security from
            those who paid into it.

#3. I vote Democrat because I believe that businesses should
            not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need
            to break even and give the rest away to the government
            for redistribution as the Democrat Party sees fit.

#2. I vote Democrat because I believe liberal judges need
            to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit fringe
            kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

...And the #1 reason...
         I vote Democrat because I think it's better to pay $ Billions
         $ for oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because
         it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher or fish here
         in America. We don't care about the beetles, gophers or fish
         in those other countries.

"The difference between genius and stupidity
  is that  genius has its limits."   -Albert Einstein

If you think your better off now than you were six years ago and think you will be better off if we keep on going this way. Vote Democrat!

If you aren't, vote some other way, any other way. But keep in mind that a vote for another party enables the Democrats. Unless you vote Republican. (The other party that stands a chance. Sorry Libertarians, just not enough members.)

Of course to be fair you have to decide who's policies led to what, which is a little more of a tricky problem.

Most politicians pass laws that take effect after their terms in office which allows them to be on both sides of the fence at the same time.

An example would be that Obama is still blaming Bush for his troubles which allows the party faithful a convenient straw man to hate.

On the other hand, don't get fooled into either parties slander of the other party. Most of it is made up bs anyway.

It's hard to make an informed decision when all you hear is crap to start with.

Add to that the 'political class' who don't have anything in common with you, or your life, or your problems, yet these are the very ones telling you they can help. Expecting them to help you is a religion, you pray to your politicians and hope for a miracle to save you from those guys, the 'other' politicians. All the while their hoping you and I, and the rest of us, don't catch on to the shell game they are running.

On the other hand, Obama's machine has made a lot of errors. Might be time for a change.

Or at least new faces to blame for the same old problems.

Or, we could blame Bush. That does seem to be a popular option.

Or not.

Seriously, look at our government. More of them by percentage are criminals than the percentage of the general population.

So we worship at the feet of the best criminals?

Says a lot about us doesn't it?

Posted Yesterday, 05:16 PM

Is that a current list?

If it is old Dave is losing his touch...that's the same old rhetoric we've been hearing from the right wingers for fifteen years.

Posted Yesterday, 04:32 PM

Should have renamed this to top 10 straw dog fallacies to hate people you don't understand.

Ahh! The party faithful.

The original post is factually incorrect? Or just not politically correct?

Political dogma. You guys crack me up! :)

Bah!

As always, it's a choice of the lessor of two evils. Choose wisely.

Edited by Strictly Street
  • Upvote 1

If you think your better off now than you were six years ago and think you will be better off if we keep on going this way.

I'm definitely better off today than I was six years ago.2014 is shaping up to be my best year ever.

As for all is political yadda,yadda b.s....there is only one certainty in politics...incumbents will be re-elected at some where near a 90% rate.Everyone pisses and moans and then puts the same pieces of shit back in office.

There is really only one way to fix the problem...vote an anti incumbent ticket!

The two party system is a farce.

• Upvote 1

Individual anecdotal accounts aside...most economic indicators show that rich people are better off than they were 6 years ago, while poor and middle class are not.  That's pretty much the opposite of what candidate Obama said to those he convinced to vote for him.

Much of the recovery has been on Wall Street, which is great if you happen to be heavily invested.  Not much has "trickled down" to the 99%.

No one is going to be better off until we have a president who isn't funded by corporations.

Both parties are bought and paid for. We need more patriots and fewer politicians.

This is the real problem. I find myself arguing about other topics but this is the only one that really matters.

I found him lacking in experience. If huntsman got the gop nod I'd have voted for him, I ended up voting Ron Paul.

Johnson lacking in experience?  Compared to who?  If memory serves, he was governor of a state. 

Ron Paul?  Mr. "Let's return to the gold standard"?  Pfft.  He's got some decent ideas but some goofy ones too.  Seems like another Ross Perot retread.

Edited by DAC

The last fourteen years would make it much more accurate.

This.  I have too much pride to refer to myself as either a Republican or a Democrat.  They are equally self serving and equally corrupt.

Consider the economy, troops overseas, protection of rights of citizens, etc.  The actions of both parties are 99% the same and 1% different.  Of course that 1% is all you hear about come election time.  Candidate Obama spoke endlessly about W. and blamed him for most everything...then continued many (most) of his policies.

You have two groups that want to gain power and then to stay in control.  Nothing more.

• Upvote 1

the blacks and whites have had their chance.  in 2016, vote asian.

not republican or democrat or liberal or conservative, just asian.

you know deep down, it's the only way.

why?  because we're better at scrabble than you and english is our second or third language. that's why.

the blacks and whites have had their chance.  in 2016, vote asian.

not republican or democrat or liberal or conservative, just asian.

you know deep down, it's the only way.

why?  because we're better at scrabble than you and english is our second or third language. that's why.

I'm all for voting asian.At least in one respect I'd love to see a Chinese politician run our government...they execute crooked businessmen.

We just elect them governor.

2016 will bring jeb bush paired with jan brewer, bobby Jindhal or Mitch Daniels as vp.

Mark my words and if you think we actually pick who runs in the general election, I've got a piece of land in southern Florida I'll sell you so you and mags can go live together.

Same here. Independent is less stress, if nothing else. I still believe that the people themselves are ultimately responsible. And sadly seeing that a spirit of unity as a country is slipping away to be replaced by that "me" generation thing. The needs, wants and desires of the individual are becoming more important (to the individual). It will change, and go back the other way. It always does. But it will require something major to happen that equally effects all our lives, in order to do so. History has a long list of such things. At those moments the people act as one in order to survive. Or choose not to.

Having said that, I also remember when younger, it was more important to vote for whatever benefited myself. For young people, that part isn't going to change much. It's part of survival. Which points out a problem. Stress the other parts of the population, and they also start voting for themselves, to survive a little bit better. Which is probably where we are at now.