Harp

Greetings all ! Just found the forum. Recently upgraded to a 2014 Gold Wing 1800/A. Having a load of fun not spending time turning wrenches. Spending much more time riding. Always looking for a new run.

Harp 

• Upvote 1

Yes welcome, we will turn this into Ohio Touring Riders before too long. ;)

I have turned a couple close to 400 mile days on my bike. And it has made me think about getting a touring bike lol.

fyi I ride a street tagged dirt bike so a 2x4 of a seat.

And welcome and congrats on the new bike.

I have turned a couple close to 400 mile days on my bike. And it has made me think about getting a touring bike lol.

fyi I ride a street tagged dirt bike so a 2x4 of a seat.

And welcome and congrats on the new bike.

I went from sport bike, to adventure bike (wasn't my thing) to my road sofa of a sport tourer. And wondered why I didn't do it sooner. 500 to 600 mile days are a walk in the park. 1100 miles was my longest day with only the last 200 being miserable. Edited by 2talltim

Welcome to OR. This is an especially good time of the year to be riding a wing. You can turn on the heater, back massager, and espresso machine while riding to help forget about the cold weather.

And get out the toaster and have a bagel on the freeway .

And get out the toaster and have a bagel on the freeway .

I know. That's sad. Just no room for the pizza oven.

Ah the civic convertible. Not my cup of tea, but I admire the engineering.

I have a problem with any bike that utilizes a reverse gear though ;-) At least without a side-car.

No...You would have a problem in not having reverse on a bike that size in certain situations. Comes in handy when pulling a trailer as well.

http://youtu.be/wHTFfRNTZF8

Thanks for the greetings. Yes it does seem like a Civic convertible. At 1st I scoffed at reverse as well, but my legs thank me daily for not backing it into the garage w/o using reverse......BTW I tossed the espresso maker for a hibachi - perfect for sashimi grade tuna lightly seared, with a sesame ginger glaze.

I will say that 400-500 miles at a shot is no problem and I can still walk the next day. Next year's goal is the ride around Lake Erie in a day. Anyone wanna join in would be welcome. May try for the Iron Butt.

Saddle Sore sounds like quite a task. How did it go? Would love to have been along on that, but not on the old 85 Wing. This one is much more comfortable and easy on the old guy's butt.

We were real close to butt burner on that ride. Probably only missed it by 100 miles.

Like Tim said, we were real close. We didn't document the 2nd day. I had a lot of fun. The 1100 mile day didn't bother me in the slightest. My only issue was that I was ready to bust out the last 200 to 300 miles at a 100 mph pace. I would blame that on drinking a monster energy drink while riding the SD planes with a very far line of sight.

On a GL1800, it would be easy peasy (with the right preparation and mental outlook).

Edited by Connie14

I know. That's sad. Just no room for the pizza oven.

No...You would have a problem in not having reverse on a bike that size in certain situations. Comes in handy when pulling a trailer as well.

http://youtu.be/wHTFfRNTZF8

I saw a guy asking $25,000 for one of these..... HAAAA

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Turns out to be a beautiful Monday, although a bit chilly, so I think it may be time to get another fall ride going. The Cuyahoga Valley is beautiful in autumn - think I'll head that way and see where the road leads. Just need to be home in time to put dinner on the table for the Mrs.