do you have a beard? get in here!

Gixxus Christ!

I think my beard is officially the longest it's ever been. I've found that straight coconut oil is working better than the beard balm for this length, it's lighter and not waxy. Been looking at every store I stop at (walgreens, target, giant eagle etc) and there's no beard care. Plenty of shaving but no beard stuff, seems like a very under served market considering most men I see walking around have beards.

I've been looking as well.  It seems as though retails hasn't caught on to the fact that many mean have beards!

• Upvote 1

I think my beard is officially the longest it's ever been. I've found that straight coconut oil is working better than the beard balm for this length, it's lighter and not waxy. Been looking at every store I stop at (walgreens, target, giant eagle etc) and there's no beard care. Plenty of shaving but no beard stuff, seems like a very under served market considering most men I see walking around have beards.

I just use generic body/hair wash gel on mine daily to keep it from getting oily. I used to get really itchy after it got to a certain point(about 3 weeks in) even using beard oils but I found a good foamy wash every day is all I need. This is the longest I have ever gone and its been about 2 months.

6B2318D3-C858-4B0B-A950-1A3CF95B8829_zps

Edited by JStump
  • Upvote 1

Got some new beard stuff today... grampa ' s pine tar soap, bay rum beard oil and some beard bomb from grave before shave.

The soap does not exactly smell great....it smells like a coal fire mostly. The bar is brown but you get an incredibly rich white lather. Rinses away leaving face and beard feel...I can't explain it....slightly grippy? Idk. It's supposed to be very good stuff, I'll use it for a week before I have an opinion.

Bay rum beard oil smells awesome. Does a good job softening my face pelt. Bottle should last me a really long time.

Haven't tried the balm yet. It's not bay rum....I think it's citrus eucalyptus..smells good, will use tomorrow and see how it compares to the beardsmans mate stuff I've been using.

Also came with a beer coozie and some sweet stickers.

I know Hoblick was very impressed with the soap, wondering if this was for beard or entire head use.

Now to soak my mustache in gin and tonics...

Photos really don't do this justice. I've changed my game up a bit. I used to use conditioner mixed with oil everyday. I've since just swapped to oil. Using the cliffs soap, once a week. Just rinsing my beard in the shower, adding oil and brushing with the board brush. My beard Is as soft as my hair. Who knew.

BABF5EFE-AA8E-4573-9AFB-2A03C9DB9923_zps