CDC Confirms Patient In Dallas Has The Ebola Virus

Strictly Street

Crazy....

I run a wholesale distribution company with jan/San products, et cetera, and we are already getting calls for heavy orders for Purell, Oxivir, hydrogen peroxide wipes, et cetera. Cleveland clinic being one of the places its requested for thru a BSC(building service contractors)

There are no disinfectants proven to kill Ebola HF. But the CDC is recommending products with kill claims for Poliovirus, Adenovirus, Norovirus, and Rotovirus. Stating they are likely to be effective against Ebola.

Crazy....

I run a wholesale distribution company with jan/San products, et cetera, and we are already getting calls for heavy orders for Purell, Oxivir, hydrogen peroxide wipes, et cetera. Cleveland clinic being one of the places its requested for thru a BSC(building service contractors)

There are no disinfectants proven to kill Ebola HF. But the CDC is recommending products with kill claims for Poliovirus, Adenovirus, Norovirus, and Rotovirus. Stating they are likely to be effective against Ebola.

You should send me a care package... :D

In all seriousness...what kind on irresponsible cunt treats an Ebola patient then gets on a plane?  Why was she not held in quarantine for 96 hours after contact?

The same kind that gets on a plane to the USA from Africa after dealing with Ebola patients. Paging Mr. Duncan...

The same kind that gets on a plane to the USA from Africa after dealing with Ebola patients. Paging Mr. Duncan...

Because she had helped care for Dallas Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan, this health care worker should not have traveled on a commercial airplane, CDC Director Tom Frieden said.

At that point, health care workers were undergoing self-monitoring. They were allowed to travel but not on a commercial plane with other people, he said.

-------------------------

I consider that criminally negligent.

Because she had helped care for Dallas Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan, this health care worker should not have traveled on a commercial airplane, CDC Director Tom Frieden said.

At that point, health care workers were undergoing self-monitoring. They were allowed to travel but not on a commercial plane with other people, he said.

Self-monitoring works EVERY time. Not.

In fact, had he lived he would have been prosecuted when he got back to his native country. As to her, you have to wonder what was going through her head if anything.

And adding to the fun of all this, here is the latest offshoot of the "EBOLA SCARE"!!!!!!

Speculation Abounds That Ebola Will Be Used As Excuse To Implement Martial Law

Read more at:http://www.westernjournalism.com/speculation-abounds-ebola-will-used-excuse-implement-martial-law/

The idea being promoted is that Obama arranged this so he can be "President For Life".
Of course there are some weird coincidences going on too.

And this little gem I stumbled across:

Three Ebola Stories the Mainstream Media Literally Scrubbed From the Internet
Edited by Strictly Street

I haven't read all the thread but If the airborne vs non airborne discussion is still up let me help shed some clarification. 

1st off im an ER nurse, medic and firefighter with a moderate specialty in disaster response (chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear)

Ebola is NOT an airborne disease.

Airborne diseases get in the air (as simply as breathing) and floats around in the ambient air. In the hospital the potential patient is put in a negative airflow room that sucks the air out, through a HEPA filter and expels it into the outside air. Airborne diseases, such as Tuberculosis, are relatively uncommon in the US. An average of only 49.8 cases of TB per year for 1,212,263 people in Franklin County and that shit spreads through the AIR!

Ebola is NOT an airborne disease.

However is it transmitted via contact. So if you are in direct contact with the body fluids (fun with feces or he sneezes in your face) OR have indirect contact ( Ebola McGee gets his body fluids on the door knob, you then touch the same door knob with your bare skin).  

But even then bare skin is a really really good defense. As long as the skin is intact (no open cuts) and you keep your hands out of your openings (most commonly the ones on your face) and you wash your hands on the regular, you're going to be good to go. 

Pretty much do the things your parents told you to do; get enough sleep, eat well, exercise, take your vitamins, keep your hands out of your face and wash them regularly. 

Its only if you have a "compromised" immune system ( the young, old, and those with HIV, cancer etc) you need to take extra steps in your day to day life. 

In regards to spreading Ebola think of it as you would the cold or flu. It's a virus (like the common cold) and is transmitted the same way the common cold is. The difference, of course, is what does to your body once you've caught it. 

here's the simple facts on ebola from the CDC

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/transmission/qas.html

How is this spreading in the U.S.?

It's 2 nurses that took care of the patient from Libera at while working at the Dallas hospital. Its unclear if the 2 nurses who are now infected didn't follow proper procedure or if the personal protective equipment they were given was inadequate. Thats a big topic of conversations among the healthcare community right now. 

Edited by sturg

I'm reading that the Dallas hospital did not have squat for instructions and training for the situation. One employee said it amounted to a single posting on a bulletin board in a hallway. I'm also seeing news info flicker it's details. I figured it was just the 50 to 70% inaccuracy rate trying to correct itself. But yes, I have seen information vanish completely from the internet. Nothing I'd want to discuss in public, considering it's removal...

Remember, if you read Canadian, British or Indian or any other good foreign source of news, you can likely find something that isn't in the news here. Including US national news that should be there.

edit: apparently did not have proper gear or supplies or logistics either.

Edited by ReconRat
  • Upvote 1

It's 2 nurses that took care of the patient from Libera at while working at the Dallas hospital. Its unclear if the 2 nurses who are now infected didn't follow proper procedure or if the personal protective equipment they were given was inadequate. Thats a big topic of conversations among the healthcare community right now. 

My point being, if this is happening in a controlled & sterile environment, what happens if the general public gets it during flu season?