CDC Confirms Patient In Dallas Has The Ebola Virus

Strictly Street

oh golly gee, the UN WHO says the numbers to date will become the weekly numbers by December.

that's like a ten fold or more increase, where does it go from there?

The World Health Organization reported sobering new figures Tuesday about the Ebola outbreak ravaging West Africa, saying the number of new cases could reach 10,000 per week by December, about 10 times the rate of the past four weeks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/15/world/africa/ebola-epidemic-who-west-africa.html

Who says they followed Universal precautions? I have not seen that stated anywhere. I have seen where the nurse did not follow all of the guidelines. Look at the Dr. that is the medical corespondent for NBC. Voluntarily went into quarantine with her team but then decided she needed to grab some take out so they went out and grabbed some only to get spotted. I know a good number of people in healthcare and some of them have they worst hygiene practices. The weak link is the healthcare workers, period.

edited to correct spelling issues

Edited by cmh_sprint
  • Upvote 1

Who says they followed Universal precautions? I have not seen that stated anywhere. I have seen where the nurse did not follow all of the guidelines. Look at the Dr. that is the medical corespondent for NBC. Voluntarily went into qurrntinre with her team but then decided shr needed to grab some take out so they went out and grabbed some only to get spotted. I know a good number of people in healthcare and some of them have they worst hygene practices. The weak link is the heathcare workers, period.

This. I see it every shift and honestly I'm guilty of it too, I try but sometimes we're in a hurry or a PT goes downhill fast. And sometimes I'm just lazy. It happens, more than it should

• Upvote 1

We all knew it would come to this eventually.

Frankly, some of us wondered what was taking so long.

Ebola is indeed all Bush’s fault. There. Now we know.

What’s that? You didn’t know?

Paul Begala, CNN commentator and adviser to a pro-Obama Super PAC,  just said so on Twitter:

Paul Begala         @PaulBegala Follow

Bush spent the equivalent of the entire NIH budget every month in Iraq while NIH budget flat-lined. Iraq was no threat. Ebola is. Cancer is.

We all knew it would come to this eventually.

Frankly, some of us wondered what was taking so long.

Ebola is indeed all Bush’s fault. There. Now we know.

What’s that? You didn’t know?

Paul Begala, CNN commentator and adviser to a pro-Obama Super PAC, just said so on Twitter:

Paul Begala @PaulBegala Follow

Bush spent the equivalent of the entire NIH budget every month in Iraq while NIH budget flat-lined. Iraq was no threat. Ebola is. Cancer is.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/10/13/damn-took-you-hacks-long-enough-which-cnn-liberal-just-blamed-bush-for-ebola-152220#ixzz3GDn2gIz8

Too bad the nih pissed away money granting ridiculous studies like finding out chimps are mostly right handed, chimps who are better at throwing their shit enjoy higher social mobility, origami condoms (that turned out to be a fraud) and plenty of other ridiculous shit instead of researching shit that really matters.

Too bad the nih pissed away money granting ridiculous studies like finding out chimps are mostly right handed, chimps who are better at throwing their shit enjoy higher social mobility, origami condoms (that turned out to be a fraud) and plenty of other ridiculous shit instead of researching shit that really matters.

But let’s see what the NIH has spent some of that money on within the last couple of years (with links to sources):

• $386,000 to massage rabbits
  • $3,200,000 to study drunk monkeys
  • $484,260 for studying the effect of hypnosis on hot flashes
  • $666,905 (pg 87) on how watching TV reruns might be good for you
  • $325,525 to conclude that wives would be happier if they could calm down faster after arguments with their husbands
  • $900,000 (pg 100) on a study determining that male fruit flies do indeed like female fruit flies
  • $548,731 (pg 127) on a study that suggests that heavy drinking in thirties is linked with immaturity
  • $702,558 on a study of the impact of televisions and gas generators on villages in Vietnam
  • $423,500 on why men don’t like to wear condoms
  • $1,500,000 to study why lesbians are overweight

In just a few minutes, I was able to find nearly $10 million of wasted NIH funds that could have gone toward the creation of an Ebola vaccine.

Edited by Strictly Street

But let’s see what the NIH has spent some of that money on within the last couple of years (with links to sources):

• $386,000 to massage rabbits
  • $3,200,000 to study drunk monkeys
  • $484,260 for studying the effect of hypnosis on hot flashes
  • $666,905 (pg 87) on how watching TV reruns might be good for you
  • $325,525 to conclude that wives would be happier if they could calm down faster after arguments with their husbands
  • $900,000 (pg 100) on a study determining that male fruit flies do indeed like female fruit flies
  • $548,731 (pg 127) on a study that suggests that heavy drinking in thirties is linked with immaturity
  • $702,558 on a study of the impact of televisions and gas generators on villages in Vietnam
  • $423,500 on why men don’t like to wear condoms
  • $1,500,000 to study why lesbians are overweight

In just a few minutes, I was able to find nearly $10 million of wasted NIH funds that could have gone toward the creation of an Ebola vaccine.

You don't think that's where all that money really went, right? 

Here we go.

2nd health care worker with Ebola flew from Cleveland to Dallas on Frontier Airlines the day before presenting symptoms, according to CDC, Frontier - @NBCNews

http://www.breakingnews.com/topic/cleveland-oh-us/

#BREAKING: 2nd #Ebola patient flew on Frontier Airlines flight 1143 from Cleveland to Dallas before diagnosis. http://cbsloc.al/ZsLIeF

#BREAKING: CDC asking all 132 passengers on Frontier flight 1143 Cleveland to Dallas/Fort Worth to call 1 800-CDC INFO (1 800 232-4636)

11:30 AM - 15 Oct 2014

+++++++

Jenkins said the second infected woman, who was not identified by name or job title, was isolated within 90 minutes of reporting a fever Tuesday. She is the third person diagnosed in the U.S. with Ebola, which is currently epidemic in three West African countries.

The CDC hours later revealed that the newly infected woman had flown on Monday on Frontier Airlines Flight No.1143 from Cleveland to Dallas/Fort Worth. The CDC asked all passengers aboard that flight to call 1-800-232-4632. Frontier Airlines, in its own statement, said passengers who also traveled with the woman on Flight 1142 on Friday from Dallas/Fort Worth to Cleveland should also contact CDC at the same phone number.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102078863

Edited by Strictly Street

Who says they followed Universal precautions? I have not seen that stated anywhere. I have seen where the nurse did not follow all of the guidelines. Look at the Dr. that is the medical corespondent for NBC. Voluntarily went into quarantine with her team but then decided she needed to grab some take out so they went out and grabbed some only to get spotted. I know a good number of people in healthcare and some of them have they worst hygiene practices. The weak link is the healthcare workers, period.

edited to correct spelling issues

Believe me when I tell you that I am acutely aware of the amount of effort it takes to keep healthcare workers following universal precautions. I just don't buy it that this disease is so hard to catch. I'm not there yet. Universal precautions generally include gloves and hand washing during routine care. Go to the ER and the nurse will always have gloves on, but rarely a mask, goggles, PPE, etc... Unless they know they will be in a situation needing said PPE. Do gloves and hand washing adequately protect an individual from Ebola? If not, there's the rub. If it requires the total PPE package to safeguard, then how do we prevent the spread outside of medical institutions? If those two employees weren't using gloves and washing hands then screw them and their union. My suspicion is that we are seeing it more easily spread than what the government wants us to know,

"Because of the proximity in time between the evening flight and first report of illness the following morning, CDC is reaching out to passengers who flew on Frontier Airlines flight 1143 Cleveland to Dallas/Fort Worth Oct. 13," the CDC said in a statement. The flight landed Monday at 8:16 p.m. CT.

The Ebola virus is not contagious before symptoms set in.

The woman "exhibited no symptoms or sign of illness while on flight 1143, according to the crew," Frontier Airlines said in a statement.

Earlier, she flew from Dallas-Fort Worth to Cleveland on Frontier Flight 1142 on October 10.

The airline said customers who may have traveled on either flight should contact the CDC at 1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636). But the CDC statement referred only to passengers on the October 13 flight.

FYI