November training with Valkyrie Defense Group

madcat6183

Okay since I can't make the Oct. date for this, wanted to try to set up something in early November to go see these guys and get some tactical work outside of just range time.

Talked to Craig, he's open any weekend in Nov. as of now so am I minus Thanksgiving weekend obviously, which is too late in the month.

How does November 8th sound?  Technically the second weekend of the month, but I am guessing people will be having Halloween parties the 1st so don't want to coincide with that.

Not sure how many guys they require, nor the class types, need to look on FB, just been lazy, but I figure any training is better than none. 

So far myself, Craig(blueballs/Keith Stone), maybe Jbot?, and a guy from work are in.

If that sounds good, let's get the ball rolling.

Maybe Kawi can post up some more info on the class, i.e. time, what's needed, etc. in here not just on FB.

Thanks!

You guys have enough the the way it sounds already. I will block the the date off for you now and get with Jagr. I'm guessing you guys want to do one of our Counter Ambush concepts classes. I would say by the sounds of it everyone is up to speed on the safety and has their CHL.

Here is the class outline as it appears on our website:

Cost $100

I.C.E. Training’s

Fundamentals of Concealed Carry is designed to educate students about the firearms best for concealed carry, how to carry them safely and securely, and how to use them efficiently in the context of a dynamic critical incident. This four to six hour course introduces new shooters to some of the core basics of the Combat Focus® Shooting program, as well as aspects of handgun ownership and other basic information geared towards the new handgun owner.

We cover awareness, avoidance, de-escalation, gun safety, concealed carry as a system, gun, ammunition, and holster selection, drawing from a holster, reloading, multiple shooting drills designed to help you achieve a balance of

speed and precision, distractions in the public environment, alternate force options, interacting with responding law enforcement, and aftermath.

​There are no prerequisites to taking this course but we recommend students have taken their

Ohio concealed handgun course.

Students will need to bring:

Handgun

​Holster

A minimum of 2 magazines

Magazine carrier (optional, but recommended)

250 rounds of ammunition

Eye protection

Ear protection

Water

Food or snacks

Sunscreen

Hat

Weather appropriate clothing

Note taking material (optional)​

If you have anymore questions feel free to post them up and I'll answer them as they come in. You can also pm me on here or on Facebook or you can email us at valkyriedefensegroup@gmail.com and one of us will get back to you asap. If you need a voice response our phone number is on the website as well.

Hey All.

One thing to note. It's structured to be a 4-6 hour party but we've fleshed it out a bit and it's going to be a minimum of 7 hours.

250 rounds is a minimum. 350 is about the max people have expended in this class.

Most of the drills are 2-4 or more rounds. It's up to you. You engage till the threat goes down.

That visualization is a big component of this training methodology.

One thing Brian left out that is of critical importance is that we will take over one of Coshoctons fine eateries post class.

Yucatan anyone?

Hey All.

One thing to note. It's structured to be a 4-6 hour party but we've fleshed it out a bit and it's going to be a minimum of 7 hours.

250 rounds is a minimum. 350 is about the max people have expended in this class.

Most of the drills are 2-4 or more rounds. It's up to you. You engage till the threat goes down.

That visualization is a big component of this training methodology.

One thing Brian left out that is of critical importance is that we will take over one of Coshoctons fine eateries post class.

Yucatan anyone?

I have heard countless times about the "Yucatan", this must happen so my asshole explodes the next day, besides all the anal sex we'll be having on the way over and back of course.

Anyways, thank's for posting the details, like I said and just told Brian, I believe I have 3 100% confirmed, plus Twisted, plus CBUS, plus I think I have 1-2 more interested.  

Thanks for working with us and thank you for giving us the details on 7hrs felt out.

• Upvote 1

To throw it out there, I've taken both the VDG concealed carry class and the counter ambush tactics class. Both were excellent; Brian and Jason do a great job of teaching the class room part as well as coaching on the range. Money well spent.

• Upvote 2