2 Million Bikers to DC on 9/11

idodishez

were you there?

Didn't see you.

"I miss America"

Nope, but I did peek at DC's network of cameras. Not very many bikers at all. And no, you probably won't see me there, last time I was in DC was for the rally to restore sanity. Edited by magley64

Try this one Super turn out every year.

A Memorial Day Demonstration in Washington DC

Rolling Thunder is an annual Memorial Day demonstration where thousands of motorcycles ride through Washington, DC seeking to improve veteran benefits and resolve POW/MIA issues. This is a wonderful patriotic event that expands and gets larger and larger each year.

http://dc.about.com/od/specialevents/a/RollingThunder.htm

Edited by HeavyDuty

I watched the live feed from the traffic cameras.

Did your traffic cameras catch these pictures? I did, (most) with my own camera, when I was there. And apparently someone who lives there w a first hand experience concurs. But go ahead and believe the MSM. and your traffic cameras that were reportedly shut down for periods during this event.

quzu4ata.jpgazazuras.jpgupuhu2y6.jpg

"I miss America"

• Upvote 1

Try this one Super turn out every year.

A Memorial Day Demonstration in Washington DC

Rolling Thunder is an annual Memorial Day demonstration where thousands of motorcycles ride through Washington, DC seeking to improve veteran benefits and resolve POW/MIA issues. This is a wonderful patriotic event that expands and gets larger and larger each year.

http://dc.about.com/od/specialevents/a/RollingThunder.htm

heard about this ride this year, but a few days too late. Would have loved to have gone.

"I miss America"

Did your traffic cameras catch these pictures? I did, (most) with my own camera, when I was there. And apparently someone who lives there w a first hand experience concurs. But go ahead and believe the MSM. and your traffic cameras that were reportedly shut down for periods during this event. quzu4ata.jpgazazuras.jpgupuhu2y6.jpg

"I miss America"

A reasonable person looks at those pictures and can see 2 Million. After I heard about the disabling of the cameras I have to assume 4 Million were there last year, especially since apparently 3.9 Million people were erased from the photos bye Eric Holder. That 4 million number must be low due to the camera shut off limit of 1 million due to the government/Obama hatred of motorcycles. Can we expect 6 million this year or 8 Million? When will the government shut off the cameras this year? Edited by mattm
  • Upvote 1

Joe (my bud in D.C.) said they continually shut down local traffic cams during the event, so not surprised some think there was such a low turnout.

He provided a film clip of a local newsman who went out into the throngs and admitted on air there were far more bikers there than the media was telling the public about.  He also went into how much nicer these bikers were, nicer than he had ever imagined.

I watched a few clips of long lines of bikes riding into D.C. on the interstates and while the majority were HD's, I was very surprised at how many Cruisers and Sportbikes were intermingled in the groups.  Was was the most impressive was how well everyone seemed to be getting along.  Not the typical 'you ride that???' crap.  It seemed to be a day where bikers were bikers all there for one cause.  I thought that was pretty cool.......

Edited by ohiomike

Joe (my bud in D.C.) said they continually shut down local traffic cams during the event, so not surprised some think there was such a low turnout.

He provided a film clip of a local newsman who went out into the throngs and admitted on air there were far more bikers there than the media was telling the public about. He also went into how much nicer these bikers were, nicer than he had ever imagined.

I watched a few clips of long lines of bikes riding into D.C. on the interstates and while the majority were HD's, I was very surprised at how many Cruisers and Sportbikes were intermingled in the groups. Was was the most impressive was how well everyone seemed to be getting along. Not the typical 'you ride that???' crap. It seemed to be a day where bikers were bikers all there for one cause. I thought that was pretty cool.......

Shhh. Don't tell Magley.

Per the founder, estimates are 1.2 million showed.

It was VERY cool. Wouldn't miss it for anything. You going?

"I miss America"

I'd love to but am financing my daughter in her battle with an abusive husband.  Got no extra moolah.....still tho, its tempting.  Had to cancel my one ride planned for this summer.  Haven't been on any kind of long distance ride this summer.  First time in many years.  In fact, haven't really ridden all that much.

• 2 weeks later...