What have you done for your motorcycle lately?

Josh1234

The R6: installed new rear sets, then promptly crashed it and wrecked said rear sets. Also replaced the broken windscreen, broken exhaust, broken clipon bar, damaged rear set pieces, broken levers, and leaking coolant lines. Cleared the oil out of the hydrolocked cylinders and replaced the spark plugs. Should be ready for the next track day. 

Speed Triple: Replaced the modified 2010 header (long story) with a proper 2011 header and new exhaust crush gaskets to get it ready for a dyno tune. Still have an exhaust leak, FML. I also changed the oil. 

Edited by Limitedslip7

I broke down and washed the Norge.  With three washes under its belt this year, this motorcycle has been washed more in four months than my ST1100 was washed in four years. Remember, time spent washing is time that could be spent riding.  Be a rider, not a poser.

• Upvote 1

Welded up a trailer (ok, it wasn't for me - but for a bud's HD) that came out pretty good.

Udder than that - nada.

10_zpsaf73dc60.jpg

1_zpsba2a83e4.jpg

6_zps3f5cda19.jpg

I  wanna put fenders on it but my bud likes the "hot rod" look of no fenders.

Edited by Earache

bought the parts I needed to get the thing back up and running after a slow speed crash... sat with a beer (or 2, or 3) deciding what was worse.. the bruised ego, or the scratched and cracked fairings....

Waited....waited....waited.... until parts arrived, installed, and then finally, I rode again...

Welded up a trailer (ok, it wasn't for me - but for a bud's HD) that came out pretty good.

Udder than that - nada.

I  wanna put fenders on it but my bud likes the "hot rod" look of no fenders.

Looks good!  A few rock chips and he'll stop liking the "hot rod" look so much.

Other than my oil change, a did a few other little things recently with lots more little things to come :)

New keychain to keep my triple tree from getting scratched, and new vanity plate...

post-13328-0-37945900-1408483413_thumb.j

Here's the vanity plate from my old bike, my current plate from my 2003 Ninja 500 that's for sale if anyone wants to buy it, and the plate that'll be going on the new bike.

post-13328-0-71037700-1408483422_thumb.j

Udder than that - nada.

10_zpsaf73dc60.jpg

1_zpsba2a83e4.jpg

6_zps3f5cda19.jpg

I wanna put fenders on it but my bud likes the "hot rod" look of no fenders.

Very nice! Is that a steel frame?

Very nice! Is that a steel frame?

Yup. weighs a metric shit ton, but he'll be pulling it with an F-250 so it's not an issue. Aluminum frames are prone to cracking and cost quite a bit more.

Looks good!  A few rock chips and he'll stop liking the "hot rod" look so much.

Other than my oil change, a did a few other little things recently with lots more little things to come :)

New keychain to keep my triple tree from getting scratched, and new vanity plate...

Here's the vanity plate from my old bike, my current plate from my 2003 Ninja 500 that's for sale if anyone wants to buy it, and the plate that'll be going on the new bike.

attachicon.gifrsz_photo_aug_19_8_41_51_am

mine are all hanging on the wall in the bike shed

Udder than that - nada.

10_zpsaf73dc60.jpg

1_zpsba2a83e4.jpg

6_zps3f5cda19.jpg

I wanna put fenders on it but my bud likes the "hot rod" look of no fenders.

first time he hauls it in the rain and all the road shit get thrown up on the bike, or a chunk of road debris he will be begging for fenders Edited by 2talltim

15000 mile service on the Monster and 1098.  New tires on the trailer. New tires on both bikes. bought my husband fancy frame plugs for father's day.  Now installing new chain, sprockets and carrier on the Monster.  Forks on both bikes are leaking AGAIN.  So we need to figure out why that keeps happening.  Both were done by GMD Computrak Atlanta and I even had him reinspect my forks for some kind of damage and he doesn't see anything so I'm not sure what is going on there. 

I took the Ninja 500 out for a spin last night, just because it had been sitting for a couple of weeks, since I bought the yzf600r.  

It was fun to ride the "little guy" after the "big girl."  It's like a scooter!  So light!  Takes almost no effort at all to turn that front wheel.  Rode into hunting valley, admired the houses, and along the Chagrin River for a bit.  It was fun to watch the storm come in, & push away the last of the daylight before getting all windy & chilly & rainy.  

Changing the oil on the sv today, she pretty much let's me know when it's time by the way she sounds and runs. Not nearly as peppy.

On another note, does anyone know the average mileage to expect before one should replace the clutch on an sv650? I'm thinking that will be on my to do list this winter.

Might take another swing at the carbs on the honda today, despite being rebuilt they leak gas. I'm starting to suspect my floats aren't as buoyant as they were 40 yrs ago....put in new jets yesterday and I think I got it tuned in pretty good.

oh yeah. new battery for my bike. They only last 2 years on the Ducs if we're lucky. 

Aprilias are the same...high compression, v-twin eats batteries. I switched to a Shorai a year ago and haven't had a single issue. Several dudes in the Ape forums have had them for well over two years with no issues. With the higher cranking power they are a lot easier on the sprag clutch.

Aprilias are the same...high compression, v-twin eats batteries. I switched to a Shorai a year ago and haven't had a single issue. Several dudes in the Ape forums have had them for well over two years with no issues. With the higher cranking power they are a lot easier on the sprag clutch.

I've considered a Shorai but NEO Ducati doesn't recommend them for the 1098s. They've seen a lot of failures and/or poor lifespans on them.  Might have to try in the Monster next time around.