Sons of Guns: Red Jacket owner charged with child molestation

Scruit

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/26249790/sons-of-guns-cast-member-arrested-charged-with-molestation-of-a-juvenile

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

The founder and owner of Red Jacket Firearms in Baton Rouge, LA was arrested Saturday. William Hayden and his shop have been the focus of the reality TV show "Sons of Guns" that aired on the Discovery Channel.

Will Hayden was charged with molestation of a juvenile and crimes against nature.

According to TMZ, Hayden says his arrest is the result of a bitter ex-girlfriend's false allegations.

Hayden was released from the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison after posting a $150,000 bond.

All I will say is that he is innocent until proven guilty, just like everyone else in this great country.  

TMZ has a little more:   http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/11/sons-of-guns-will-hayden-arrested-child-molestation/

Hayden tells TMZ his ex-girlfriend, and mother to one of his daughters, went to cops more than a week ago and accused him of molesting their child. He claims the woman did it in retaliation for him ending their relationship.

Hayden also says the daughter -- who he is raising with his new wife -- was interviewed by Child Protective Services and returned to his home.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/26249790/sons-of-guns-cast-member-arrested-charged-with-molestation-of-a-juvenile

All I will say is that he is innocent until proven guilty, just like everyone else in this great country.  

They generally need a little more evidence than an accusation in order to arrest someone.

They generally need a little more evidence than an accusation in order to arrest someone.

I would agree.  I find it confusing that he was not only arrested but repotedly *charged*, however the alleged victim was returned to his home/care. 

No they do not. I know someone first-hand who had his whole life turned upside down based on no more than a gal's accusations.

On an unrelated note, how lucky is that guy that his news breaks right when robin Williams hangs himself?

His wife had him killed? Would make more sense

And yeah, the timing is lucky. I didn't even here about Hayden till now.

In a molestation case, what evidence are you looking for beyond the victim's account?

That why I am confused that he has been charged *and* the "victim" returned to his home.  Those two things should not go hand-in-hand.  

- If they think he did it they should charge him and keep the girl away from him.

- If they don't think he did it then give the girl back and don't charge him.

That why I am confused that he has been charged *and* the "victim" returned to his home.  Those two things should not go hand-in-hand.  

- If they think he did it they should charge him and keep the girl away from him.

- If they don't think he did it then give the girl back and don't charge him.

Girl's account may have differed from the mother's.

Girl's account may have differed from the mother's.

The more recent news article just above your post states that teh girl denied anything improper happened.

Now, that doesn't mean NOTHING happened - it could mean that she is intimidated by him and has been scared into silence.   But is also could mean that nothing improper happened.

Again though, there woud have to be evidence to actually charge him, no?  An arrest is easier to justify, but charges are not files on a he-said-she-said basis.  Are they?

is the victim over 18 now?

**edit - I didn't realize this was alleged to have happened so recently.  I dealt with a family where a 19 year old had been molested by her uncle when she was 14.  The matter I was dealing with was totally unrelated to the 19 year old (she was one of my witnesses), but she maintained contact with her uncle.  My thought was that these were old(er) allegations that had only recently surfaced (which is extremely common when kids are abused).   If the victim is now an adult, they can choose to maintain a relationship with their abuser until and unless there's a no-contact order against the accused.  That was what I was envisioning here.

Not nearly enough evidence to make a judgment on this.  I think his "offer" to submit to the polygraph if they tested the accuser was an interesting choice.  I'd be all about clearing my name - then sue the woman for malicious prosecution.  He's a quasi-celebrity.  He can actually argue with a straight face that his reputation is financially damaged, and likely get a pretty large judgment against her.   She could also be charged with falsification and obstruction, among other things.

Edited by redkow97

Definitely nowhere near enough information to come close to a decision.   Just sit back and let it run its course.

If she was over 18 then Childrens Services would not be involved, right?    Also, she is his daughter, so could there ever be such a thing as a consensual relationship at any age?

I actually think the "I'll polygraph if she does" is a perfectly fair offer.  

Edited by Scruit

I've heard it's inadmissible too - but I'm not sure if it's different in different states.  It is still allowed as an investigative tool, though, and it's trusted enough that if you pass with flying colors then that's definitely going to heavily influence the outcome of the investigation.

The way I see it, he had little gain and a lot to lose by submitting to the test.  Just like speaking to the police at all.  Anything you say can be used against you, but they are not compelled to volunteer to the jury the parts of your testimony that worked in your favor.