ISIS

Gump

Stupid question. How in a country with weapons everywhere, do maybe 20,000 ISIS hoodlums rule the roost?

Lack of law enforcement infrastructure...

They are essentially a giant gang, and have better resources than the localities they are overtaking.

They also attack small groups at a time and overwhelm.

Intimidation works wonders... They're beheading children and putting their heads on spikes...

Village of 200 mixed men women children vs a large group of ISIS who overrun towns and start killing before people even know they're coming... It's brutal savage genocide and the people of Iraq and Syria are not prepared to defend themselves

When al qaeda cuts ties with them because they're too violent, you know there's a problem

I'm all for minding our own business politically, but they are going to become a major world threat... This is the first time since 2001 that I feel we need to be involved... Send in 100k ground troops and just fucking slaughter them all and destroy every last bit of their infrastructure

• Upvote 3

Nobody in that country is equipped to fight them. They're better funded, more numbers than most villages, and people are terrified. Even the police force over there are dropping uniform and fleeing... There's not many of them, but the cities there they are overtaking do not have any means to defend themselves.. People in shacks are fighting the most well funded terror organization in the world... It's not a fight they can win without help... It would never fly here, but over there is a lot different

• Upvote 1

Still puzzled, I don't get the entire picture. How come the there's not a posse of good people going after them?

Same reason most Americans don't band together and bust up gangs here. Most people aren't out actively looking for a fight. This is why we hire police officers and national guardsmen.

Edited by magley64

It wasn't our fight until last week when we decided to protect Americans, allies, and innocents. It's a faction fight by proxy between Shiite and Sunni. Sunni countries are quietly funding the action. It isn't in the news unless you like to read offshore and dig deep. They are after Iran. On the way they want the old country of Levant back. That's Israel and/or Palestine, Jordan, and parts of Syria, Lebanon and Egypt. It will never happen, but they can dream.

• Upvote 1

Look, how many of you have ever lived in Iraq? I have... Two different occasions. The Iraqi people are used to a dictatorship. They are accustom to being told what to do, how to do it, and when. While I was there, in Baquba, if one person threw a can in an area, everyone threw their trash there. It could be in the road, a river, anywhere. Point is, these people are not accustomed to a government that they have a choice in. They are not used to being able to directly influence their lives! So, an entity (ISIS) wanting and moving to take control is easier then trying to make their own choice. With this, I am talking about the Army and Police Force. Some normal people are willing but they are few and far between.

I am terrified that my Son will end up over there, we will be getting involved other than through the air.......I fear it is inevitable no matter what Barry says.

if he does I hope he stays safe and a safe return, also thank him for his service for me he's a brave young man!!
  • Upvote 2

Look, how many of you have ever lived in Iraq? I have... Two different occasions. The Iraqi people are used to a dictatorship. They are accustom to being told what to do, how to do it, and when. While I was there, in Baquba, if one person threw a can in an area, everyone threw their trash there. It could be in the road, a river, anywhere. Point is, these people are not accustomed to a government that they have a choice in. They are not used to being able to directly influence their lives! So, an entity (ISIS) wanting and moving to take control is easier then trying to make their own choice. With this, I am talking about the Army and Police Force. Some normal people are willing but they are few and far between.

With those dynamics what's the solution? You maybe either pick a side to support and occupy and develop a strong government or wipe it clean and pick a side to support and develop a strong government. Pick the wrong side and they could one day become a strong enemy. Or stay out of it. Either way it seems it would end up very bad at some point.

With those dynamics what's the solution? You maybe either pick a side to support and occupy and develop a strong government or wipe it clean and pick a side to support and develop a strong government. Pick the wrong side and they could one day become a strong enemy. Or stay out of it. Either way it seems it would end up very bad at some point.

Stop interfering...

• Upvote 1

I'll take back the claim of countries funding ISIS. From what I read, that has stopped under pressure from other countries. And also reading that the group is no longer being called ISIS or ISIL, just Islamic State (IS). Also noted that Saudi Arabia sent 1 billion in military aid to Lebanon to prevent invasion from the Islamic State troops. IS attacked and captured one Lebanese border town last week, but were chased back across the border into Syria.

Here's a clue as to what Islamic State thinks they are going to do. This is showing up on their "social media".

There is reportedly a second map image that shows them extending into parts of Europe.

Saudi-ISIS-Casualty21081396899.jpg

Edited by ReconRat

ISIS has had success because the Iraqi's can't fight worth a shit even with our equipment, weapons, and training.  The Kurd's, on the other hand, can defend themselves effectively.  

At the very least we need to help the Kurd's push them back and also assist the Christians and Yazidis as much as possible with aid.  Outside of that, we need to stay the fuck out of Iraq.  

• Upvote 2