Sena 20S Dual Bluetooth Communication System

RidersDiscount

Got these installed last weekend in the wife's Scorpion R410, and my Bell Star. Haven't ridden with them yet since nobody will turn the water off outside, but we sat around the living room in our lids checking out the functions and pairing them up. Great sound quality, and seem like they'll get plenty loud enough to hear over my megaphone exhaust. Cant wait to get some street time on these to see what we've been missing all these years. Price is right when ordering through RD, folks.

Got these installed last weekend in the wife's Scorpion R410, and my Bell Star. Haven't ridden with them yet since nobody will turn the water off outside, but we sat around the living room in our lids checking out the functions and pairing them up. Great sound quality, and seem like they'll get plenty loud enough to hear over my megaphone exhaust. Cant wait to get some street time on these to see what we've been missing all these years. Price is right when ordering through RD, folks.

Good to hear, thanks for the post up! 

• 1 year later...

I've been using this daily for the past year or so on the commute to the office and it works wonderfully. This quickly connects to my phone with no fuss for BT audio or I can just tell the nice lady (voice commands) to switch to FM radio and it'll auto switch to the last preset I was on. FM quality is great, there is definitely a noticeably increase in quality if you route the wire for the ear pieces over the top of the crown instead of around the neck roll. The stereo audio quality is good, not really any bass or anything but if you're looking for bass these have an easily accessible port to plug in your headphones. I prefer the ease of just putting on my helmet and having music ready to ride vs fiddling with headphones. This can get very loud and even at around 50% volume it's still plenty of punch to hear audio over my full race exhaust.

I've ridden in rain before with no issues. Granted this was southern California so it was more of a light mist compared to a Midwest rain, but regardless there were no ill effects from it getting visibly wet. 

The app to control the device is a huge win for me. It's so easy to link it up to the app on the phone, update some presets or settings on the fly, and keep riding. 

Comms between two devices is easy to setup and very clear between rider and passenger even over my excessively loud exhaust.  The music sharing is a cool feature where we can both listen to the same thing or jam to our own tunes. 

This lasts for about 1.5-3 weeks until I need to get it on the charger and charges quickly.

I never thought I needed or even wanted a communication device until I got the 20S. Now I can't ride without it.

Wife and I have used ours every time we ride together since buying the set last season.  They're awesome devices that allow you to do most anything hands free.   Plan to upgrade my gps to one that will BT through the 20S so I can quit making wrong turns at every Epic Ride and Gap trip. 

The pro is that I can talk to my wife.....the con is that I can hear my wife talk :lol:

Edited by Hellmutt
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Hellmutt said:

Wife and I have used ours every time we ride together since buying the set last season.  They're awesome devices that allow you to do most anything hands free.   Plan to upgrade my gps to one that will BT through the 20S so I can quit making wrong turns at every Epic Ride and Gap trip. 

The pro is that I can talk to my wife.....the con is that I can hear my wife talk :lol:

:lol:

• Upvote 1

Okay, send me a PM with the details. I want to check this thing out. You just knew if you kept offering enticing goodies that it would break me down , especially after payday. Didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?! Haha! Okay, I'm waiting for the info. Thanks.

2 hours ago, JackFlash said:

Okay, send me a PM with the details. I want to check this thing out. You just knew if you kept offering enticing goodies that it would break me down , especially after payday. Didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?! Haha! Okay, I'm waiting for the info. Thanks.

Mike is good at that. 

Edited by TimTheAzn

@cmh_sprint and I split a two pack. I really like it. I'm still figuring it out though, which leads to some embarrassing moments like when I don't realize the comm is still open... or when I have to keep telling it to stop the music and people think I'm yelling "stop" at them...

@cmh_sprint and I split a two pack. I really like it. I'm still figuring it out though, which leads to some embarrassing moments like when I don't realize the comm is still open... or when I have to keep telling it to stop the music and people think I'm yelling "stop" at them...

Life gets simpler when you turn off the VOX and just use manual controls. I gave up on VOX the first trip with mine a couple years ago.

7 hours ago, Casper said:

:lol:

5 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Life gets simpler when you turn off the VOX and just use manual controls. I gave up on VOX the first trip with mine a couple years ago.

34 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

+1 on giving up on VOX, it just isn't going to be perfect with the amount of wind noise.

VOX works for me 99% of the time. I'm not sure it's wind noise when it doesn't, atleast in my set-up.  I have a Nolan N104 and use the boom mike.. I have been rolling down the road at 75+ and had a phone conversation with the other party not realizing I am on the bike. I do think that the Sena unit does get confused and locks up from time to time but for the functionality and features, it's a minor inconvenience..

The open mike issue does add some humor to any given ride. ?

I haven't tried the VOX on my 10U but didn't like it on the SMH10. I don't get hardly any wind noise either. I have a habit of singing with my music and bitching about the asshats around me out loud. :lol: