Not much riding to do here. So just sit and surf internet for useless motorcycle related stuff. And been reading a lot about hayabusa. Ever since my early 20s always been looking up to own a busa just because of its iconic status. Always loved its unorthodox looks.. But my practical mind made me choose a very practical bike, the VFR.

Now…. that I don’t ride much, other than the usual stroll around here, pretty much garage queen, and only possible ride is once in a while ohio trip I been thinking of getting the busa LOL  Its these images of a sport touring busa (not the hip hop busa)  Weight wise its same as VFR, wheel base wise similar. I dont plan to tackle corners with a knee down. Just cruise while lying on top of tank which i am comfortable than upright. I know for sure its not the best bike to tour, its not the best bike to go fast, its not the best bike on anything.. but something I just cant take my mind off, I am obsessed with it and been looking at for sale threads almost buying one when I saw a good deal.

So as responsible OR brothers and sisters, plz talk me out of this madness :D

awesome 360 degree view >>> http://www.corbin.com/suzuki/gsx13rbag_2.html?iframe=true&width=650&height=435

147207d1245955922-were-almost-finished-b

Edited by NinjaDoc

Didn't they design the Hayabusa to imitate men with muscles on top of muscles, knowing that's the crowd they'd be appealing to?  Men who always want to have the biggest muscles, fastest mtorcycle, hottest chick, etc?

PM danballa on here if you have questions about setting one up for touring. His busa had a pretty awesome givi setup which could carry tons.

http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/user/10590-danballa/

You are not helping much fizzzzaaaaa :D  i was riding behind him in the first dream ride, it looked like a battle tank, very awesome and he was gliding away. Very good rider. Havent seen him around much past few years.

Didn't they design the Hayabusa to imitate men with muscles on top of muscles, knowing that's the crowd they'd be appealing to?  Men who always want to have the biggest muscles, fastest mtorcycle, hottest chick, etc?

hahahah seems to be the truth, even tho the rumors say its for airOdynamics

My bad, that was the 2nd gen redesign:

Suzuki's Koji Yoshiura designed the look of the new Hayabusa. He had previously styled the first generation Hayabusa, as well as the Suzuki Bandit 400RF600RTL1000S and the SV650. For research, Yoshiura traveled around the United States to bike nights and clubs for a first hand look at the styling aesthetic of the Hayabusa custom scene, and was inspired as much by the look and build of the Hayabusa rider as their custom bikes. While the second generation is very close to the first in overall shape, and is largely dictated by wind tunnel tests, the raised lines and curves are meant to suggest a muscular build. Said Yoshiura, "I wanted to create a masculine form that complements a rider's muscular structure with hints of developed bicep, forearm and calves."

I sat on one last week, now I'm pretty sure I need one too....very comfortable riding position, not quite upright but not as hard of a tuck as say...my tl1k. More power than anyone ever needs and baller status. Get one. Get me one too.

The only time I don't like mine is when I see some douche with a slammed, stretched, 330 tired monstrosity ride around with a helmet tied to the back.

Don't want to get lumped in with those hosers.

i guess there is no logical explanation in buying a haybusa other than buying a hayabusa itself :) i hope the fever passes soon. In the mean time if i come across an un modified black gen 1 i might succumb to temptation.  :crazy:

VFR1200 is one of the best bikes to be made by honda, even the red paint job is so perfect. If i dodnt already have the 800 i would have went for the 1200, it feels so much lighter and narrower than the 800 because of its design and it has nearly 60% more power 

^^

Speaking of the Concours14, I wonder why Suzuki hasn't made an ST with a version of the Hayabusa motor. Seems like a natural fit.

I've wondered that myself, I would be interested for sure. Think they are missing a huge market

I vote to do it Doc, Busa and ZX 14 make great STs with a few mods. Met a guy at the AMA hall of fame on a Z14 from Fla had helibars, st windscreen, bags that matched the bodywork, tank & tailbag plus running lights on the fork legs. He was meeting his dad in Ohio on the way to Mt. Rushmore. He said it was super comfy.

I too like the looks, but hate the scene.

However practicality is a much higher priority for me than style or power and a bike that uses more fuel than my car doesn't seem right to me.

No one buys a hyper bike for fuel mileage.
  • Upvote 1

One of my neighbors has a tricked out Busa and that thing flat out hauls ass. He passed me on the hwy at full bore and holy shit, it sounds like a champ car. BUT, on the way back from the ride, I took the lead and cut through some local twists. Busa guy couldnt handle it. 100hp VFR guy looses 200hp Busa guy. 

Edited by mello dude