Deals Gap 2015

Casper

I can't possibly pass up a most expenses paid trip to Hawaii. Say what you want but that would be ludicrous and you know it

I hate sand, heat, and saltwater. So no, I don't know it. If it were 50-75 year round and mostly cloudy I'd be the happiest guy in the world. 

fontana is fine, although there are a few things I dislike. 

#1: They removed the coffee machine from the lodge,forcing you to buy a 3 dollar cup of coffee, or a 12 dollar pot of coffee. 

#2: Last year they tried to stick us in one of the remote lodge rooms, that aren't connected to the lodge. No cell phone or inter webs in those buildings. Just the lodge.

#3 The price seems excessive, when you can venture down the road for about 53$ a night. I understand that fontana is one of the few places big enough for the O.R crew, but its still average priced with a standard hotel around my area.

#4 Always having to unhook my trailer because there aren't any places to park my truck and trailer hooked up.

fontana is fine, although there are a few things I dislike. 

#1: They removed the coffee machine from the lodge,forcing you to buy a 3 dollar cup of coffee, or a 12 dollar pot of coffee. 

#2: Last year they tried to stick us in one of the remote lodge rooms, that aren't connected to the lodge. No cell phone or inter webs in those buildings. Just the lodge.

#3 The price seems excessive, when you can venture down the road for about 53$ a night. I understand that fontana is one of the few places big enough for the O.R crew, but its still average priced with a standard hotel around my area.

#4 Always having to unhook my trailer because there aren't any places to park my truck and trailer hooked up.

Free coffee at the general store and all the cabins have coffee makers

All cabins have room for truck and trailer as well as numerous other parking areas

Cell and wifi at most cabins.

Stop being anti social and staying in lodge, stay in cabins with rest of group and your complaints are fixed

Free coffee at the general store and all the cabins have coffee makers

All cabins have room for truck and trailer as well as numerous other parking areas

Cell and wifi at most cabins.

Stop being anti social and staying in lodge, stay in cabins with rest of group and your complaints are fixed

Pretty much. Plus, the cabins are more fun.

I disagree about wifi/cell service in most cabins. I've stayed at FontNa 3 times and not once has wifi worked in the cabin. Always had to go to the gas station pavilion or general store to pickit up. Not that I'm complaining because it's never bothered me but just stating my experience

Edited by Bad324

So, the place to stay is based on WiFi? I agree with IP on this one.

Personally I am OK with little WiFi as long as I have a bed with no bugs. We are still a maybe...

For those of us that still have work responsiblities and kids, yes we need connectivity. Also helps to source parts and arange meet ups.
  • Upvote 1