Deals Gap 2015

Casper

I'm in. I plan on taking the week and riding down early again. I really enjoyed the (2 day) ride down this year. The ride back is a bit rushed (1 day) but it was still a good time.

im going to take the first 2 weeks of june off and make a back home trip.... meet you guys at the gap then head back to ohio afterwards and hang out a few days....or possibly the other way, come to ohio beforehand and ride to the gap with you guys before coming home...just have to get a HF trailer built and get a hitch for the mom-wagon escape

• Upvote 1

So a friend of mine and I were planning a trip there next year and chose to be there pretty much the same time. Hope to be able to meet up with you guys. We are planning on may 30th-June 5 or 6.

Edited by cOoTeR

im going to take the first 2 weeks of june off and make a back home trip.... meet you guys at the gap then head back to ohio afterwards and hang out a few days....or possibly the other way, come to ohio beforehand and ride to the gap with you guys before coming home...just have to get a HF trailer built and get a hitch for the mom-wagon escape

I don't think it'd be of any help to you really, but I'm in Nashville if that would help out on your trip either way as far as a place to stay or drop something off, etc.
  • Upvote 1

Appreciate offer! Probably won't be in a position to need it, but I'll keep you in mind if so.

As of now, I intend to build a HF trailer... But that's about $300ish plus buying and installing a hitch on the escape... That's my plan, but if cooter can accommodate that'll save me some cash lol

What is the mix of people that ride down vs trailer down? When do most people head down? I have wanted to go on this trip for the last couple of years. Next year is looking like a good possibility.

I'm pretty sure most people trailer down. I think there was maybe 8 people who rode down last year? I might be off here...

If I don't get a nicer seat, I'm looking for a trailer spot. I like the ride, but think I'll take a more relaxing route this time.

How much are the cabins? What kind of pace do you guys normally ride at on the street? I've never been to the gap before but it looks like fun!

Check out last year's post: http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/103712-ohio-riders-invades-deals-gap-2014/

Prices should be the same this year. There aren't any set official group rides. We will have a meet and greet on Thursday night again. There you get to meet everyone, and can figure out who'd you'd like to ride with. If you're not familiar with everyone's riding styles, we'll openly talk about it. For instance, I don't like to speed much. But I don't like to slow down either. I try to keep a good steady pace through twisties and straights. Some people like to haul ass. Some people like to just cruise. There's a very good mix. 

Cooter do you have room on your trailer for another bike? I'd be willing to give you like $200 to help with gas for the extra weight

I'll have to talk to my buddy but I think he only has a 2 bike trailer and we're going to tow with his rav 4. So I dont know if that can tow 3 bikes. The other option would be I put a hitch on my corvette but that's not happening. If we get another person with a truck we might be able to help you out. I'll know more by the end of the year.