1986 Porsche 944 Turbo (951).

baptizo

1986 Porsche 951, 2.5L Turbo 4 cylinder, 5 speed w/ factory transmission cooler, 93,253 miles, no mods other than aftermarket wheels, all original, runs great.

Guards Red, black interior, script linen seats, script door handles, VERY clean inside and out.

Working A/C, cruise control, power moonroof, power windows, power steering, no cracks in the dash, original Blaupunkt AM/FM tape player, typical 951 quirks.

17"x9" and 17"x10" forged CCW's with UHP Summer tires (force load balanced) are currently on the car and included.  IF the buyer doesn't want the CCW's, I will install the teledials and lower the price. 

This is an original Florida car.  Garage stored since I've owned it, doesn't leak or burn oil but it did leak PS fluid (the belt has been removed) and is not driven in the Ohio winters.  I've buffed out the paint several times but it apparently wasn't garaged its whole life down in Florida - the paint is far from pristine.

Synthetic oil is all that I've used in the engine (currently using Royal Purple).

Transmission and rear differential were both serviced last year.

Has a few dings but is rust and dent free.

Replaced the tie rods 2 years ago and it has a new NAPA battery.

Maintenance needs:

Clutch is chattering on engagement, needs replacement, tranny shifts fine.  I bought a replacement but it might not be what the buyer will want since it is an upgrade over stock.  

Timing belt and rollers are due (have a Kevlar replacement already purchased).

A/C needs to be recharged (blows semi-cold), still has 12A.

Have a set of used Bilstein Sports which can be included.

Oil pressure sensor is bad.

PS lines leak (have purchased both lines from Paragon and will be included) and the PS belt has been removed for the interim.

Rear hatch release needs some work, very finicky, and the struts are shot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have a collection of maintenance records/receipts going back to the original owner but I do not believe it is a complete collection.

Dunlop SP Winter Sport M3's front/rear, stock sizes are on the original teledial 16" wheels and can be included if the buyer wants them.

Comes with a clean OH title.

This car is not perfect and needs some TLC (clutch, timing belt/rollers). 

$7,000 obo, will consider a trade for a lifted Jeep Wrangler (clean, rust free, 4.0L, 5 speed or V-8 conversion) or an RV motorhome (class A or C) of equal value.    

$6,000 w/out the CCW's and the stock 16" teledials installed.

PM me here or email derekc23@gmail.com

These are just a few photos of the car and more are in my gallery from 2012.  If you don't see something and want a photo taken, let me know. 

baptizo-albums-951-picture26594-951-1.jp

baptizo-albums-951-picture26595-951-2.jp

baptizo-albums-951-picture26596-951-3.jp

baptizo-albums-951-picture26599-951-engi

baptizo-albums-951-picture26598-951-cent

Edited by baptizo

awesome car man. those things are a ton of fun. i love those wheels you have on there too. 

sucks about the clutch though, those can be a real PITA... iirc porsche booked 24 hours to replace one if it has the two piece crossover pipe :eek:.  i think the earlier ones were like 16 hrs lol. 

Fun cars. I had a same year 924 I think. Changed the "expensive" clutch in the driveway. Not fun and took some goofy tools. The timing sensors were the worst part.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the clutch is a PITA and a competent Porsche shop should have it done in 8 hours....about $1200 + in just labor and the clutch is $1000 +.  I think Steinel's Autowerks up in Twinsburg quoted me at or about that for just the clutch job alone with my parts.  The timing belt/rollers was another $1,500 in labor alone with my parts.  I'm willing to swap on the original rims and lower the price to $6,500 to help with the pending maintenance cost.  The speed sensors are also a PITA but mine are in great shape, so no worries there.  

Fun car with expensive maintenance for something I hardly drive and I'd prefer having a lifted Wrangler - easy to work on and relatively cheap to do so, too.    

Edited by baptizo

The "hips" over the rear wheels on that car gave it a sexy stance.

There ya go Jack. You wanna pick up chics, this car will knock 20 years off of you add 6" to yer dickie ;)

Forget the new bike, this ride will magnetically draw in vagina like a tractor beam on the Deathstar

• Upvote 2

There ya go Jack. You wanna pick up chics, this car will knock 20 years off of you add 6" to yer dickie ;)

Forget the new bike, this ride will magnetically draw in vagina like a tractor beam on the Deathstar

Just a guess, but I think a little 'ol Miata is a better chic magnet than this thing....it hasn't worked for me, it probably won't work for him.   

A Miata is just the opposite of a chick magnet.

It pulls dudes.

It's funny you say that because we were having this exact discussion over on a Porsche site and everyone was saying the Miata's attracted chicks while the 944's attracted dudes.  

Women have caught on... women think that men with Porsche's have small dicks and are overcompensating... and they know that Miatas are just plain fun :) Here's the wife in my mom's Miata (Was my stepdad's before he passed... Mom knew it was fun, so she just kept it). (Sorry to go off topic from the OP's post... Porsche's definitely have the edge in the whole "I have money and class" factor, and no Miata will EVER hold a candle to that... and yes, women ARE attracted to money & class! ;))

du8ujasy.jpg

Edited by Josh1234

I like the look of the non-turbo a little more.

I think the spoiler on the rear takes away

some of the car's visual appeal, from that

angle of view.  It's like a well proportioned

woman with perfectly fitting jeans pulling

down the back of her shirt so that your

eye's enjoyment of her features is restricted.

I would almost sell an organ, or a body part,

for one of these...

jaguar-e-type-06.jpg

If the car can turn a head, I may be able to at least charm myself into a friendship

with a woman of quality.  And one woman is enough.  Sometimes one is too many.

The N/A 944's have the same rear spoiler but that is where the similarities start to disappear.  The N/A's are fun to drive and easier to work on but they lack that wonderful and addictive boost along with the other features of the 951.  Put simply, they're too damn slow.  

I bought it for its uniqueness and rarity along with the nearly unparalleled handling Porsche designed into the car and of course, the turbo.  I've owned more turbo cars than any other type and love what a little 4 banger with a turbo can offer in terms of performance.  I've also learned just how hard it is to find a true enthusiast who is willing to pay what I want for it despite the fact I'm losing big time money-wise (and also with the Duc).

At this point, I may never be able to sell them without completely losing my ass financially and should probably sell my Ram, instead.  I can hear the world's smallest violin playing in the background so that is enough of the self-pity bullshit.         

• 2 weeks later...

I'm putting her under the knife and having a hi-po clutch (Spec 2) along with an billet steel flywheel installed.  While there, a turbo back B&B 2.5" SS exhaust will also be installed.  

The timing belt/rollers/water pump/power steering pump/hoses/accessory belts will also be replaced at another shop in Twinsburg afterwards.  The only other thing it'll need are the Bilstein Sport shocks installed.   

The value of the car will go up but I probably won't sell her until I've flogged the shit out of her at Mid-Ohio.   :crazy:

I'm putting her under the knife and having a hi-po clutch (Spec 2) along with an billet steel flywheel installed. While there, a turbo back B&B 2.5" SS exhaust will also be installed.

The timing belt/rollers/water pump/power steering pump/hoses/accessory belts will also be replaced at another shop in Twinsburg afterwards. The only other thing it'll need are the Bilstein Sport shocks installed.

The value of the car will go up but I probably won't sell her until I've flogged the shit out of her at Mid-Ohio. :crazy:

Ya know, I have barely ridden my bike this year and have really wanted a track car. Contemplated selling the 675 and this might be what pushes me over the edge. How much are you thinking after all the repairs? Edited by JStump

Ya know, I have barely ridden my bike this year and have really wanted a track car. Contemplated selling the 675 and this might be what pushes me over the edge. How much are you thinking after all the repairs?

I'm probably going to hold firm at $8k with the CCW's included but I haven't settled on a value for it.