Obama care, hmm....

Strictly Street

Data on the economy is based on statistics, which is selective and misleading.

I simply measure the economy by looking at a row of ten little stores on the way to work every morning.

Nine of ten occupied = economy good

Nine of ten empty = economy bad

The last 6 or 7 years has been the worst environment for small business I've ever seen in my lifetime.

Somehow, it is now starting to come back to life. At a cost aggregated throughout society, I'm sure.

Ten stores?Talk about selective and misleading.Sounds a little like not seeing the forest for the trees.If you want to judge by a different set of trees,come out and stand by the intersection of I77 and SR78 in the morning.Up I till about four years ago you would see about 20 cars an hour heading east on 78,now it's hundreds.These are very good paying jobs,not strip mall minimum wage jobs.

The economy is doing great. ........unemployment is down. .

You mean the unemployment numbers where they ignore in all those who aren't looking for work anymore and are just living off the government? (But are still unemployed, just not counted in order to make it look better). Those unemployment numbers?

"I miss America"

Did you say UNLESS?? I'm curious what your definition of "in the shitter" is. And if that definition includes the words 18 TRILLION?http://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/

"I miss America"

My definition of"in the shitter" is the worst recession since the Great Depression.I'm sure that recession and two unfunded wars didn't add to that 18 trillion total,nor did the offshoring of 30 million jobs during the Clinton and Bush administrations.It's all Obama's fault.

My definition of"in the shitter" is the worst recession since the Great Depression.I'm sure that recession and two unfunded wars didn't add to that 18 trillion total,nor did the offshoring of 30 million jobs during the Clinton and Bush administrations.It's all Obama's fault.

yep. 7 years later and it's still Bush's fault.

"I miss America"

yep. 7 years later and it's still Bush's fault.

"I miss America"

A lot of truth to that...I wish things could change on a dime,but it takes a long time to recover from that kind of economic devastation.

How long did it take for the economy to recover after the Great Depression ?

Edited by drc32-0

Ten stores?Talk about selective and misleading.Sounds a little like not seeing the forest for the trees.If you want to judge by a different set of trees,come out and stand by the intersection of I77 and SR78 in the morning.Up I till about four years ago you would see about 20 cars an hour heading east on 78,now it's hundreds.These are very good paying jobs,not strip mall minimum wage jobs.

Also selective and misleading. See? That's why it's called statistics.

The job boom in Southeast Ohio is thanks to the oil and gas association and ZERO thanks to ANY liberal commie politician including the shitty governor

Edited by Bad324

The job boom in Southeast Ohio is thanks to the oil and gas association and ZERO thanks to ANY liberal commie politician including the shitty governor

John Kasich a liberal commie politician?That's an insult to both liberals and commies,but shitty does seem appropriate.

Edited by drc32-0

Ok drc we get it. You take glorious money shots from the bottomless fount of liberal feel-goodness, 'we're for the little guy' and 'it's always gonna be bush's fault'. You've sufficiently pissed your opinion all over the toilet seat of this thread. Sit back and rub your nipples with satisfaction...do it for as long as you like, for while your hands are engaged in this form of masturbation they can't indulge your preferred method of jerking your political dick all over this thread.

Ok drc we get it. You take glorious money shots from the bottomless fount of liberal feel-goodness, 'we're for the little guy' and 'it's always gonna be bush's fault'. You've sufficiently pissed your opinion all over the toilet seat of this thread. Sit back and rub your nipples with satisfaction...do it for as long as you like, for while your hands are engaged in this form of masturbation they can't indulge your preferred method of jerking your political dick all over this thread.

No nipple rubbing here,but feel free if that's your thing.

Good night...I have to get up early to help pay my share of Obamacare to help my fellow Americans.

• Upvote 1

Did you say UNLESS?? I'm curious what your definition of "in the shitter" is. And if that definition includes the words 18 TRILLION?

http://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/

"I miss America"

The economy is doing great. The stock market is breaking records regularly, consumer confidence is up, home ownership is up, unemployment is down. You can bitch about the debt, but that's a separate issue from the economy, which went in the shitter under bush jr.

.I have to get up early to help pay my share of Obamacare to help my fellow Americans.

This seems like a good time to mention that not only are you paying for my healthcare, but you and the rest of the folks here also pay my retirement. Both halfs. It's like Social Security, you pay your share and your employer pays their share.  Mine is the same with a really awesome twist.

My retirement share comes out PRE Tax, just like your Social Security.

Then I pay my Fed and State taxes like you do.

THEN I get FULL reimbursement for my retirement share AFTER taxes. I pay it before taxes and get it back after taxes.  If you do the math and think it through it's like you are paying me a bonus on what I paid because it is post tax. It's EPIC.

And it's totally a Democratic designed system, you know..Ted Stricklind pandering to the teachers....and in turn us Administrators get the same thing.....

Just wanted to thank you all.

Wanna know what my retirement amount is when I retire?

The economy is doing great. The stock market is breaking records regularly, consumer confidence is up, home ownership is up, unemployment is down. You can bitch about the debt, but that's a separate issue from the economy, which went in the shitter under bush jr.

so desperate to troll that you post the exact same thing you did yesterday?

"I miss America"

Unemployment payments are down because people have exceeded the 26 weeks of unemployment compensation that they get. That does not mean they are working again.

Yep

You mean the unemployment numbers where they ignore in all those who aren't looking for work anymore and are just living off the government? (But are still unemployed, just not counted in order to make it look better). Those unemployment numbers?

"I miss America"

"I miss America"

This seems like a good time to mention that not only are you paying for my healthcare, but you and the rest of the folks here also pay my retirement. Both halfs. It's like Social Security, you pay your share and your employer pays their share. Mine is the same with a really awesome twist.

My retirement share comes out PRE Tax, just like your Social Security.

Then I pay my Fed and State taxes like you do.

THEN I get FULL reimbursement for my retirement share AFTER taxes. I pay it before taxes and get it back after taxes. If you do the math and think it through it's like you are paying me a bonus on what I paid because it is post tax. It's EPIC.

And it's totally a Democratic designed system, you know..Ted Stricklind pandering to the teachers....and in turn us Administrators get the same thing.....

Just wanted to thank you all.

Wanna know what my retirement amount is when I retire?

Again...you're welcome.

I'm not one of those petty fucks that piss and moan about what other working people make.I'm glad you like your bennies and situation.It's a good feeling ain't it?

Edited by drc32-0

Unemployment payments are down because people have exceeded the 26 weeks of unemployment compensation that they get. That does not mean they are working again.

That tactic has been around for a long time...it might go back as far as the Reagan administration.

so desperate to troll that you post the exact same thing you did yesterday?

"I miss America"

Weird, not sure how that happened, but sure. Worth repeating.

Carry on, Miss America

Edited by magley64

right.

so yeah, my company's healthcare costs are higher.  but it's still cheaper than healthcare.gov with better coverage, so we'll keep sucking it up on our guys' behalf

right.

so yeah, my company's healthcare costs are higher. but it's still cheaper than healthcare.gov with better coverage, so we'll keep sucking it up on our guys' behalf

And that's exactly what they designed Obummercare to do. It's a damn shame that something that could have been great for everyone was molded into something good for very few because of politics

lol... translation time...

Economy is great If you have rosey blinders on...

We're about to be ripped by Wall Street again...

Again with the reckless credit spending...

Investors and RE agents bought all the foreclosed houses cheap from the banks...

Unemployment down after Feds gave free school to anyone unemployed...

Bitching about not getting decent raises for four years...

It's not the economy...

It's Bush's fault...

sorry Magz, that was too much fun

My economy is fantastic. Maybe you guys are just too stupid or lazy...

My (local) economy is fantastic too. Far from lazy or stupid, I've grossed more in the last 2 years than I ever have. Disposable income here we come! Allowed for a lot of "toys", and a lot of "giving back". (A Christian reference which I can only assume you are unfamiliar with) on Obamas watch. But I'm not stupid or naive enough to think that O'shithead's "I hate America" Obama had a damn thing to do with it. My hard work and perseverance, thank you. That's what gets us "angry old racist white guy's" so riled up. That we WORK for our outcome, while the leaches and "entitled" crowd can't see the "we're the government, were here to help you" bullshit spewed by the foreigner from Kenya.

Truly amazed every time I get a "wake up call" and see just how many "Americans" are truly asleep at the wheel and have no fucking clue what is happening around them, as long as they get their EBT and Obamaphones

"I miss America"