Obama care, hmm....

Strictly Street

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-22/obamacare-aid-for-plan-buyers-on-u-s-exchange-overturned.html

President Barack Obama’s health-care overhaul suffered a potentially crippling blow as a U.S. appeals court ruled the government can’t give financial assistance to anyone buying coverage on the insurance marketplace run by federal authorities.

The decision, if it withstands appeals, may deprive more than half the people who signed up for Obamacare the tax credits they need to buy a health plan.

Hmm......

No opinion on this, don't want to be shouted down by the fanboys. But even so.... interesting article.

Nice to know that the fix is in.

On the other hand, it is sure to be appealed no matter who wins this round.

Nor is this the only suit out there. So we will get to watch the court battles for some time yet.

Think I'll just sit back and watch the show....

10527774_10152333296018768_4862735594559

I thought the federal courts were above the political party bickering.  So now I have no confidence in any of the 3 branches of the US Gov't.

Anytime you have judges that are appointed rather than voted in, you can be assured the fix is in.

• Upvote 2

If the US gov't were a motorcycle, I would have parted it out years ago and bought a new one.

:lol:

It's not too late yet. Of course you have to ask, who would buy it?

FOR SALE: Political System

government-structure.jpeg

For Sale:

Broken Political system. Lots of corruption.

Lawlessness thrown in with no extra charge.

Includes three branches of the greatest idea yet that has become dysfunctional.

Pros:

Extra misleading rhetoric included at no extra charge!

Political correctness included at no extra charge!

Free entitled "Political Ruling Class" no extra charge!

Free Media wonks no extra charge!

Cons:

Does not follow the constitution.

Will cost you more that you can imagine.

Cannot be paid for by any succeeding generation.

Never ending exponential tax increases.

* Liberty not included.

** Includes "The Federal Reserve Bank"

*** Void where prohibited by law.

**** Your mileage may vary, batteries not included.

Edited by Strictly Street
  • Upvote 1

Health care subsidies issue rushed to Court

Nine days after two federal appeals courts reached opposite rulings on a major new threat to the federal health care law, challengers pursuing that threat rushed to the Supreme Court on Thursday with a plea to step in and settle the dispute as soon as possible.   A petition for review was filed in a case from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, which had rejected the challenge on July 22.  That conflicted directly with a ruling on the same day by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit (see this earlier post.)

At issue in the new case of King v. Burwell is whether government tax subsidies that have enabled millions of lower-income Americans to afford to sign up for individual health care coverage are illegal because they were granted for use on insurance marketplaces set up by the federal government.  Those exchanges are functioning in thirty-sxi states.

If those subsidies are now declared to be available only in the fourteen states that have created their own exchanges at the state government level, it is widely understood that this could cause the collapse of the entire economic edifice of the new health care law.  The number of customers getting insurance on exchanges in so few states, and the essential role the subsidies play in the overall scheme, apparently would mean that the pool of purchasers would be far too small to support the ACA nationwide, as it is now crafted.

As predicted

More here: http://www.scotusblog.com/2014/07/health-care-subsidies-issues-rushed-to-court/

Additional health insurance costs for a business. Based on a company paying 80% of the health care costs for around 70 people. 20% increase 7-2013 and recently another 5%. Dental went up 4% and 4%. It's not getting les expensive that's for sure. Are the increases directly related to ACA, not entirely. But it has not helped any and I like to get my pokes in.   

• 9 months later...

Obama can suck it. 60% increase this year equating to a $300,000 increase for a mid sized business.

Insurance now must cover:

Same sex marriages

Pre-approval required for genetic testing

Smoking and cessation aids

Cover Dependents to age 26

Employees over 30hrs/week.

Other factors for increase:

Prescriptions up 9.7% yet inflationa flat.

Generics are raising there prices

Aging employees

Older hires

Past claims amounts

Why in the world should dependents over 18 be able to be on their parents insurance AND their employers insurance?

So if you understand what hikes your rates I guess you'd hire young males and fire the old.

Edited by Gump

My insurance went down.

It's cheaper for a business to pay more of your insurance than it is to pay you more.

Do they pay for just you or you and your dependents?

Edited by Gump

My wife has her own insurance. I just pay for me, we all also got raises this year, and the company is making more profit than ever before.

well aren't you a success story for Obama and Obamacare. You'll be voting for Billary in '16 I assume?

"I miss America"

... fuck the whole country and the rest of the world to help the 1%.It's the republican way.

You are on crack, and yeah we are all just doing so great with the asshat and his cronies in office. Oh that hope and change is just wonderful, take your damn blinders off dude.