Obama care, hmm....

Strictly Street

I love my Obamaphone,and I love getting up at 4:30 to drive 68 miles and work 10 hours six days a week to get my EBT.

I also love how conservo-nazis throw out the God card when it's obvious that they worship money.Kasich is the poster boy for that shit.

I love my Obamaphone,and I love getting up at 4:30 to drive 68 miles and work 10 hours six days a week to get my EBT.

I also love how conservo-nazis throw out the God card when it's obvious that they worship money.Kasich is the poster boy for that shit.

And I love the retirement I get that you will be paying for! 85 percent of the average of my highest three years plus my kick ass healthcare, dental care and eye care and prescriptions also.

And I love the retirement I get that you will be paying for! 85 percent of the average of my highest three years plus my kick ass healthcare, dental care and eye care and prescriptions also.

Wtf retirement system is this, STRS? Lol. I didn't think the state plans were that rich anymore.

SB5 was the best thing Kasich ever did. I pity the mouth-breathers that voted to overturn...sticking their kids with unfunded liabilities because firemen and cops are "heros." More power to you Tonic my resentment is for ignorant voters.

10k per year for myself, wife and daughter. Imagine what could be done to stimulate the economy if we only kept insurance for our daughter. Ya my wife's employer pays for it but if we could get that extra money in her paycheck.

At least our company only employees 3 (not including me) full time people so we fall well under the radar for keeping drug addicts employed and paying for anyone's health care. Shit since my wife got her new job 3 years ago our company hasn't even offered health insurance, but the 3 full time people have their own through spouses. So basically our company offered insurance just for me. And that freed up a bit of capital through the company.

Just think if people weren't forced to buy something they could spend the money elsewhere and really boost the economy. But as long as obummacare is law my healthcare mutual funds are putting a nice extra chunk of change in my pocket.

• Downvote 1

At least our company only employees 3 (not including me) full time people so we fall well under the radar for keeping drug addicts employed and paying for anyone's health care. Shit since my wife got her new job 3 years ago our company hasn't even offered health insurance, but the 3 full time people have their own through spouses. So basically our company offered insurance just for me. And that freed up a bit of capital through the company.

Jason I want to extend a hearty "you're welcome" on behalf of those spouse's employers by the way.  You know, for subsidizing your employees' health insurance through their shared, risk-pooled insurance premiums.  I bet you don't even find it the least bit ironic that you consciously saddled someone else's business with your own operational costs and then cry over paying for anyone else's healthcare.

Wtf retirement system is this, STRS? Lol. I didn't think the state plans were that rich anymore.

SB5 was the best thing Kasich ever did. I pity the mouth-breathers that voted to overturn...sticking their kids with unfunded liabilities because firemen and cops are "heros." More power to you Tonic my resentment is for ignorant voters.

SERS, which is the STRS equivalent for non-teachers...any state/municipal employee. You didn't think the state plans were that rich anymore because you believe the lies that Kasich and the Repubs told you when they pushed SB5.  All of Ohio's plans are required by law to be 100 percent funded for the next 30 years. The second they are not adjustments to benefits or increases in premiums are put in place. For example our retirement health bennies just went down to keep the budget balanced.  Ohio's retirement plans are consistently listed as one of the top 2 or 3 in the country for the way they are run and are held up as a model for other States.

No children are saddled with an unfunded retirement system, unless you were talking about Social Security. That is certainly unfunded.

SB5 was BS. It did NOTHING to help you, it only hurt others. Instead of trying to tear down others perhaps a better plan would be to hold the politicians to a higher standard and make them fix your retirement plan..Social Security. It isn't funded at ALL let alone for 30 years. It is smoke and mirrors and money that does not exist.

The only mouth breather voters here are the ones that think the Dems or Repubs are on their side. They are not, they are on their side. And their side wins when you folks fall for their lies.

Jason I want to extend a hearty "you're welcome" on behalf of those spouse's employers by the way.  You know, for subsidizing your employees' health insurance through their shared, risk-pooled insurance premiums.  I bet you don't even find it the least bit ironic that you consciously saddled someone else's business with your own operational costs and then cry over paying for anyone else's healthcare.

Who is forcing the employer to offer spouses medical coverage?

Who is forcing the employer to offer spouses medical coverage?

Agree. Unfortunately, this is the mindset now. Ten years ago, benefits were offered to entice workers. Now, the trend is to comply with minimum regulatory standards.

Jason I want to extend a hearty "you're welcome" on behalf of those spouse's employers by the way. You know, for subsidizing your employees' health insurance through their shared, risk-pooled insurance premiums. I bet you don't even find it the least bit ironic that you consciously saddled someone else's business with your own operational costs and then cry over paying for anyone else's healthcare.

Wait

Wut

A lot of truth to that...I wish things could change on a dime,but it takes a long time to recover from that kind of economic devastation.

How long did it take for the economy to recover after the Great Depression ?

History sites seem to agree on the basic timeline the economy did not fully turn around until after 1939, when World War II kicked American industry into high gear.

SERS, which is the STRS equivalent for non-teachers...

I'm retiring on SERS/STRS. Most excellent. And under the cutoff. And have 30+ years outside to allow a full Social Security check. Get both. And Rockwell retirement. And Veteran's Administration medical. The only big thing that changed over the years was the retirement insurance went up to cover less. A national trend, the feds didn't help but didn't hurt, it was going there anyway. There are way more difficult changes needed to get where we want to go.

I did see a lot of STRS quickly retire, to avoid their earlier cutoff. Poof, gone...

History sites seem to agree on the basic timeline the economy did not fully turn around until after 1939, when World War II kicked American industry into high gear.

War is good for the (financial) economy.  No so much for human capital.

^Broken-windows fallacy.

Agreed, and I was being tongue-in-cheek.  Only the truly insane would justify war for its theoretical economic, technological or eugenics benefits.  Yet many do.  Ergo, IMHO, many are truly insane.