Bought a new bike

Tpoppa

The reviews on the VFR 1200 were not great when the

bike first came out.  BUT.....everyone that actually owns

one loves them.  I've eyed them more than once. 

You're going to love that bike more with each ride

you take.  I just wish Honda would fire their designers.

Edited by JackFlash

Honda pretty much shit the bed on the marketing and the msrp, but it's a fantastic bike to ride.

I have a feeling that the resale on these is going to go up after Honda stops importing them.  Like how resale has jumped on the Suzuki B King.

Edited by Tpoppa

I think they're cool. Nice buy. What kind of mileage do those get?

Mileage was another knock against them.  When brand new it's 32-35mpg, but it gets better after break in.  Mine has 7k on it now and I'm getting 40-42 mpg.  Not bad at all for 145+ rwhp.   

If anyone is thinking about a VFR12, Honda is discounting the hell out of leftover 2010's.  

MSRP $15,999  Sale price $8,599 (I'll bet that after all the dealer stock is gone, you won't be able to get a used one for this price)

http://southbend.craigslist.org/mcd/4550235084.html

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 1

I'm keeping the cbr, but now the sv really needs a new home.

You sure you don't want to reverse that plan?

It's not like you're a track day fiend in need of a full-on race replica. The VFR for sport touring and SV for spirited street rides sounds like just about the perfect combo to never miss the CBR.

Might have an easier time selling the CBR too

Edited by redkow97

You sure you don't want to reverse that plan?

It's not like you're a track day fiend in need of a full-on race replica. The VFR for sport touring and SV for spirited street rides sounds like just about the perfect combo to never miss the CBR.

Might have an easier time selling the CBR too

The CBR actually fits me better than the SVS.  Most people are probably the opposite though.  

The CBR actually fits me better than the SVS.  Most people are probably the opposite though.  

What height/weight are you?  Congrats on the new ride... I'm still hoping to win the lottery so I can buy your beautiful SV, but in reality, I'll probably end up on a cheaper yzf-600.

I always liked the riding postion on the 07-current CBR600RR, but when I installed Helibars it just felt perfect for me.  I can ride 500 miles in a day and not feel sore after.  Nothing wrong with the SV, the CBR just fits me better.

For comparison, I used to have a 05 CBR600F4i.  I didn't care for the riding position at all.  I rode it to WV once and sold it the next week. 

• 1 year later...

I have to say the VFR12 is becoming one of my all time favorite motorcycles.  It's definitely a bike you need seat time to fully appreciate.  After getting the suspension dialed in and learning how it needs to be ridden, it is a highly capable GT bike.  The motor, chasis, and brakes are fantastic.  Corner speed may be down a few MPH compared to the CBR...but only a few MPH, which is impressive for a 600lb motorcycle.

It's actually more fun to ride fast than the CBR.  It's more stable, and less fatiguing.  Heat and wind management are better than anything I've ridden before.  It's amazingly refined.  And the 1200cc V4...well, hell yeah!

That is all. 

• Upvote 1

Nothing sounds better than a vfr with aftermarket pipes when the vtec kicks in...it's just...magical.

i know I'm biased but my vfr was probably my all time favorite in the sweet muffler music category

When are you going to start riding again Udell? I know you want to.

I need to get a bike that is made for the corners. The M keeps me comfortable when I commute, but I'm not trying to carve corners in it. 

I thought about buying another Buell just for hooliganism...I even thought of getting a Monster. I don't know..we'll see. I don't want to spend a ton of money on it, plus I don't have the room to (comfortably) store two bikes in my garage.