Powder-Coat me please!

claine650

Anyone on here do powdercoating, or work somewhere that does?

Would like to get a valve cover done for my car, and possibly some other smaller parts. Was quoted $75 for the cover and around another $50 for a few small parts.

if anyone here is around cincy or Dayton that does this, id like to find someone through OR, rather than my google search.

Would also come back for more stuff to be done later on.

Thanks.

I powdercoat at my shop in Indy.

If ya want a valve cover done in oneof the colors that I have in stock, then I'll do it free of charge for you. BUT: the part needs to be blasted and be free of oil.

My blaster charges about $15 fora valve cover, so I can get it done for you if you cannot blast....but that costs a bit.

email me if you want me to do something; EaracheMS at Gmail dot com

Ok, well the cover is black right now from the factory. So im guessing is has to be blasted to bare metal to powder coat?

what colors do you have in stock?

Is it possible to do a crackle black, or does powder coating always come out smooth?

Otherwise I just want to do like a polished silver looking color.

Ok, well the cover is black right now from the factory. So im guessing is has to be blasted to bare metal to powder coat?

what colors do you have in stock?

Is it possible to do a crackle black, or does powder coating always come out smooth?

Otherwise I just want to do like a polished silver looking color.

Yupo - need tyo be bare metal for the powder to stick correctly. Sometimes you can powder right over old powdercoat - but it always looks best when applied on bare metal.

I think the only wrinkle I have is a medium red. I've used it ona lot of Honda valve covers as it's the color the ricers want. But the wrinkle powder comes in most of the primary colors and a few others.

^wrinkle finishes can come in most colors

This is true.

How about clearcoat?  Can that be done by powdercoat?

Yes, I have lots of clear powders and use it quite a bit as a top coat to some colors.

It can come out a bit yellowish if not watched really closely during curing, but it comes out really nice when done right.