Summer solstice ride 6-21

Calinazaret

I know this is short notice, but what the hell.

I'm wondering if there are any decent roads in NEO by Coschocton, since I've never been there. I'm planning to meet at Iron Pony at 10 am for the Japanese bike show and head out around 11:30. It's going to be the longest day of the year so why not have an epic ride?

North through Coschocton and then maybe down along the river. I might also default to basically the route of the spring epic ride instead if there aren't any good recommendations for up there.

Plenty of good roads through the Coshocton area.

Are you planning to stick to State routes? Or a mix of SR, and county roads?

As long as my phone has battery I can god my way home. But I suppose I won't want to go too far off the grid. I want the twisties though!

Weather permitting I'll be doing a long SEO ride Sunday. Can't Saturday.

I might do NEO Saturday and SEO Sunday :-D

Where are you starting?

We had a nice group back in 2009 riding those roads in Coshocton and they were very nice.

Which roads?

79n to 541e

541 to 60n

ride 60n to us62

62e to 83s

83s to 643n

643n to 93s

93s to 208w

From 208 you can ride 6696s to Zanesville or take 16w back to Columbus

That's a pretty big loop all stare or us routes.

Edited by Cdubyah
  • Upvote 1

I can meet you Calinazaret, and show you through the Coshocton area.

Iron Pony is the opposite way for me. I live between Coshocton and Iron Pony. You should take route 3 North from Westerville and meet me in Centerburg, then we'll head east to hit 541 and the rest of the roads.

I might be able to meet up for this at iron pony. My plane lands a little after midnight tonight, if I can get some sleep and get up in time ill be there. Otherwise ill be out all day Sunday :)

I like to take 62 up to 541 and East to Coshocton, and then any road and any direction for a fun day of riding.

Watch for one corner up and over a ridge on 541, it rolls negative on the downhill and will drift off the road if too fast.

I was going to meet him in Centerburg and then ride to 586, 541 across 79....

I can meet you tomorrow, whether I ride with him or not. If I'm with him, we can meet at 79/541. If not, I'll just meet you at Hickman and 79.

I was going to meet him in Centerburg and then ride to 586, 541 across 79....

I can meet you tomorrow, whether I ride with him or not. If I'm with him, we can meet at 79/541. If not, I'll just meet you at Hickman and 79.

Um, I think Calinazaret is a girl, otherwise Julie is a funny name for a guy...

• Upvote 1

I can meet you Calinazaret, and show you through the Coshocton area.

Iron Pony is the opposite way for me. I live between Coshocton and Iron Pony. You should take route 3 North from Westerville and meet me in Centerburg, then we'll head east to hit 541 and the rest of the roads.

Give me a time and an address and I'll be there.

Um, I think Calinazaret is a girl, otherwise Julie is a funny name for a guy...

Thanks for pointing that out. She probably wouldn't have appreciated it if I kept calling her a dude.  :facepalm:

Give me a time and an address and I'll be there.

If you leave Iron Pony, you should be able to get to Centerburg by noon-ish.  Let's meet at this address. It's to a hot rod shop, but there's a Sunoco literally right next to it. For whatever reason I couldn't find the address to the gas station.

From there we'll head out 586 and hit the best roads in Coshocton.

Hutch, if you want to meet at 541 and 79 at 12:45, we'll be there.

Edited by Blitz

Thanks for pointing that out. She probably wouldn't have appreciated it if I kept calling her a dude. :facepalm:

If you leave Iron Pony, you should be able to get to Centerburg by noon-ish. Let's meet at this address. It's to a hot rod shop, but there's a Sunoco literally right next to it. For whatever reason I couldn't find the address to the gas station.

From there we'll head out 586 and hit the best roads in Coshocton.

Hutch, if you want to meet at 541 and 79 at 12:45, we'll be there.

I don't see an address?