Please talk me out of a Ninja 250!

Josh1234

Having owned an EX500, I loved a lot of things about that bike.  Currently riding a GSXF 750, it is bigger in every way, and I believe the 600 would be pretty much the same.

They both have their advantages.  Unshockingly, the Katana feels heavier, but not as heavy as people make it sound.  And this is after I've been riding an XR100 that weighs less than I do...  The power difference from EX500 to Katana is significant.  The Katana gets up and goes really well.   It's like an NFL lineman in that respect.  it's not the fastest guy on the field, but it's faster than you expect it to be.  The EX is the opposite.  It feels pretty light, and with the rear raised an inch, the turn-in is really easy - but you twist the throttle at highway speeds (even if 4th or 5th gear, with the RPM up in the 9k-10k range) and it just doesn't impress you much.  You'll get out of the way of traffic, but the EX in 4th gear might still struggle to keep up with 6th gear roll-on against the Katana.

Hey guys, my wife decided to contribute a little more of our shared money to my cause and so that raised my budget a little!  I found a great deal on a Suzuki Hayabusa.  It was cheap enough to buy because it had a salvage title!  Lots of mods, too!  Anyway, I bought it and can't wait to go tear up the freeways!  Thanks for all the advice, everyone!  Am looking forward to trying out my new GSX-1300R!!!!!

Headed out riding to enjoy this fine day!  Take care everyone.

Bullshit on the Busa, or that the FZ6 is my old bike?

The Busa. Classic pot stirring, it's unrealistic to the discussion in the thread. Budget or no budget, he wasn't considering a superhawk that was in his original budget, there's no way he got a little more from the wife and with his bipolar bike choosing disorder just picked a busa with no thought or post beforehand

Sent while riding

• Upvote 1

Hi guys!  Am posting from hospital!  Stupid Busa was too much for me to handle....

Holy shit.....now that was a change I did not expect. LOL

gotcha.

I call bullshit.

Sent while riding

Ya got me.

When I sold it, 3 years ago, it had 40k miles on the odometer. It looks like it still has the PilotPower2CT tires I mounted before it left my garage. I doubt it's been ridden much. It could have new tires, though. Really no way to know without looking at the dash. It's unmolested and stock as can be, except for the kevlar brake lines and LSL sliders. If Isaac was a few years older, I'd buy it in a second.

Ah, so that's LITERALLY your old bike.  Um, WTF!?!  Is that a FZ6N?  The European naked/streetfighter kind?  (Wikipedia tells me they had no fairing, no center stand, and straighter handlebars).  The front cowl sure as hell isn't what I saw when I looked at other FZ6's, with a big ugly half fairing.  It's beautiful!  And why is it only $2016?  Think that's due to high mileage?  

I'm at a lake house this weekend (with my wife & our two dogs) or I'd be taking a look at that tomorrow(First thing in the morning!), with the intention of buying it.  Maybe if Kristina is feeling generous I can talk her into it, but it's doubtful.  And they're closed Sunday, and of COURSE I have volleyball monday, softball tuesday, and the window guy is coming to measure on wednesday.  

That's an insanely cheap price on a great bike that happens to look beautiful.  Pauly, thanks for the info and background on it.  

Edited by Josh1234

Interesting.  So you think someone dumped it and then went & did a euro conversion and put the stock bars back on?  Hrm.

Sure would be funny to re-unite that bike with the tank & tail bags from your picture :)  I've still got 'em both ;)

Speed isn't the issue. It's power delivery. Some folks don't mind shifting a 600 to death. Others appreciate the "automatic" feel of a big bore engine. I rode Jacob's FJR yesterday. It was chunky, but I did like shifting to 4th and just leaving it there.

Fair enough, you gotta ride your own ride. But I reject the idea that riding a 600 just means I haven't "moved up" yet and I will someday. I'm faster on my cbr600 that I was on my R1 in most places but a straightaway.
  • Upvote 3

I don't think anyone here thinks riding a 600 means you haven't stepped up to a 1k yet. But a 600 is easier to ride and more forgiving than a 1k which makes it a nice in between step for someone wanting a 1k... Some people like 600s some like 1k it's just personal preference... Both bikes command respect and many will argue that 600s are faster in many conditions... Settle down lol

Fair enough, you gotta ride your own ride. But I reject the idea that riding a 600 just means I haven't "moved up" yet and I will someday. I'm faster on my cbr600 that I was on my R1 in most places but a straightaway.

Agreed.

If you don't think a modern 600 SS is blistering fast, you're doing it wrong.

I don't think anyone here thinks riding a 600 means you haven't stepped up to a 1k yet. But a 600 is easier to ride and more forgiving than a 1k which makes it a nice in between step for someone wanting a 1k... Some people like 600s some like 1k it's just personal preference... Both bikes command respect and many will argue that 600s are faster in many conditions... Settle down lol

Lol it's cool. Sorry if my tone was harsh. But it does happen all the time...people saying I'll want something bigger eventually.