My Weekend Ride

wagnem10

So I made an impromptu trip down to KY. Jamestown area on Lake Cumberland to be exact. I left Saturday morning around nine from Columbus. Took the slab down to Cincy and promptly hopped on to 127 with the hopes that it would make things a bit more interesting. Took KY127 all the way to Jamestown, and I have to say it's not a bad ride. Good scenery and the gas stations are frequent enough to not be worried as long as you pay attention to the odometer. Arrived in the early afternoon and got to spend some time on the lake which was nice.

Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate on Sunday and I decided to slab it back (up 75) to try and beat the rain. I did end up hitting a bit of weather for about twenty minutes, first time I've ever ridden in the rain (though I wouldn't have called it rain...almost like a very moistening mist.) :rain:  Those dividing lines get pretty damn slippery when they're wet...at any rate. Stopped 4 times both there and back, but all the slab riding on the way back and the quick turn around time and my butt was hurting by the time I got back! Checked the odometer and it was about a 720 mile round trip when all was said and done.

Unfortunate side note...dropped the bike for the first time  :angry: I was pulling out of the gas station about thirty miles from my destination. Went to put my foot down but to no avail. My left pant leg had caught on the heel guard. In a moment of clarity I realized I could release the rear brake and put down my right foot if only I could shift my weight to that side...but it was too late, my body did not cooperate with the speed and panic with which my brain was operating. Ended up scuffing the clutch cover, back of the mirror, and swingarm spool but that was about the extent of the damage other than the left clip on being swiveled back slightly. Luckily I thought ahead and threw a set of allen wrenches in the backpack before I left. A quick adjustment while I let the bike cool and the fluids settle and off I went. 

Second unfortunate note. No pictures, sorry.

So what did ya'll do this weekend?

Cliff notes - Long trip, dropped bike, too much slab, butt pain.

I was at Reds Vs LA Dodgers victory game Thursday, my company passes out "club house" tickets on occasion. Lots of fun!

Saturday I was at Dayton Dragons loosing game.

But I wanted to share a photo of one of my many trips to LCK, here we are at Lees Ford Marina - I strap my tail bag off my ZX9r onto the seat of my Harley for storage

e81b069e.jpg

Edited by Limenine9r

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I took 127 down and it's not a bad ride at all. Did get stuck behind the occasional semi, however. It looks like the lake has finally come up since February. (It's about tine they got that dam(n) work done!) It's a beautiful area and I would like to explore more of it. I am very familiar with the lake itself already.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk