New Member Parkersburg WV

Shoop

Hi!

I'm new to your forum. I'm from Parkersburg WV, just over the river from SEO. I'm 55, married for 33 years - TODAY, and have three great kids who are in college or out & employed.

Last fall I re-started riding after 25 years away. I took the MSF BRC2 course and have put several thousand miles on the bike and I'm feeling pretty comfortable. I've been reading the FZ6 forum since starting my research on which bike I wanted, and just found OhioRiders.net.

I really like the number of reasonably local rides and events that I've seen since I joined. Really sorry I missed the EPIC ride last month. I'm looking forward to the one in the fall.

post-17692-0-10385400-1402192947_thumb.j

Chris

I completely agree, Justin.

:555:

My across the street neighbor is a local guy who's been telling me about roads nearby. I learned about the triple nickle last month and have enjoyed the southern end several times.

I was about to give you a hard time for not being from Ohio, but the sarcasm wouldn't have come across well online, let alone from someone you've never met.

Nice bike.  Not what I was expecting from someone who starts by saying he's 55 and has spent 25 years off a bike.  Good choice, just not expected.  Welcome.

• Upvote 1

I was about to give you a hard time for not being from Ohio, but the sarcasm wouldn't have come across well online, let alone from someone you've never met.

Nice bike.  Not what I was expecting from someone who starts by saying he's 55 and has spent 25 years off a bike.  Good choice, just not expected.  Welcome.

Well, Now I'll have to be insulted!  :crazy:   Or maybe feel complimented.

That is NOT sarcasm, just an attempt at humor.

Where I work we have lots of folks from either side of the river and it's interesting how much they rib each other. I think it's funny cause I'm originally from PA and we just know we're above all that. 

:cowshit: << Love this cow emoticon, but it ought to be black & white.

Chris

Welcome and I used to live in Hillbilly - left in 2009 - in Charleston (more like Sissonville) and miss it.  NEO reminds me of why WV is a good place to get lost on a motorcycle with some of the best unknown twisties .   

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I stayed at the Blennerhassett Hotel on a recent moto trip.  Nice hotel and of course...nice riding roads in WV 

My oldest son worked there as a bellhop/valet until he finished architecture school.

And yes!!! The roads around here are great. Well they have been since all the sand the State used last winter finally washed off.

Wow, my new member post is getting to be pretty old but it flared up again.

Are any of you guys who are near Marietta/Parkersburg planning to go on the Epic ride in Sept?

I'd really like to go, probably will, but I don't know for certain that far ahead. Anyway, if anyone else is going, would you like to meet up? 

If we want to use 550 over to Athens we could meet in Barlow or Bartlett. Or if we want bragging rights we could meet up in Coolville, but we'd  probably end up taking 50 - unless one of you knows the back roads. I'll be taking that straight-ish fast road on the way home.  

Oh - one last pitch for bike nights, Thursdays 8/14 & 8/28 at Texas Roadhouse. :)

Wow, my new member post is getting to be pretty old but it flared up again.

Are any of you guys who are near Marietta/Parkersburg planning to go on the Epic ride in Sept?

I'd really like to go, probably will, but I don't know for certain that far ahead. Anyway, if anyone else is going, would you like to meet up? 

If we want to use 550 over to Athens we could meet in Barlow or Bartlett. Or if we want bragging rights we could meet up in Coolville, but we'd  probably end up taking 50 - unless one of you knows the back roads. I'll be taking that straight-ish fast road on the way home.  

Oh - one last pitch for bike nights, Thursdays 8/14 & 8/28 at Texas Roadhouse. :)

Right now, I am free this weekend, but I will know for sure when it gets closer. I live in Coolville, and my brother lives two blocks from the meet-up location. I know some good routes to and from there.

• 2 weeks later...

In June I switched from a white Scorpion to a light silver Shoei. I'm always wearing a backpack.

Mornings I go on Corridor D from the Ravenswood/Lubeck exit to the one from 68 just before the bridge.I'm usually on that stretch just befor or right near 8 AM. Very variable in the evenings.