Bike Nights Beginning In Troy Ohio

Triumph

TROY BIKE NIGHT IS AT FRICKERS BEGINNING AT EITHER 6 OR 7 DEPENDING ON THE WEEKEND

Sorry all, I have been lax on updating this thread the last few weeks and for some reason I am not getting notifications through email.  I have been out of town due to a long and much needed vacation that included several weekends at the Dragon and many other TN / NC roads.  MotoGP also found more than half of our regular attendees heading to Indy for the event.

There is a much better way to communicate immediately with the group and its through Facebook.  We have a closed group page there and we are called Apex Addicts.  If you want to join the group for regular communication please attend a Bike Night first before requesting admission.  We are selective in admission due to keeping out trouble makers on either side of the fence.  I will just leave it at that.

However, Bike Night will definitely be held this Sunday at Frickers (weather permitting) and we congregate on the patio.  I am sorry that a few of you didn't see the change of location listed above and went to BW3's.  We left there about a month or so ago due to bad service and a host of other issues definitely NOT created by our group.  Their loss, enough said.

We will also begin workshops within the next few weeks that will be focused on performance techniques, for those that are interested.  We will be covering cornering technique and all that is implied:  throttle control, two-step technique / lines / apex, pivot steering, body position, trail braking etc.  There are a few in the group that are also extremely proficient in wheelies and some stunting.  One, for certain, will get you started and can help you get to the level of 1 mile (or as long as you like) wheelies.  This is not a school but our goal is to put very experienced riders, with proven skill sets, together with folks who desire to improve their own skills.  You will not get bad advice.  You will get proven technique according to machine design needs.

If you are interested in people who love riding, motorcycles and have a desire to ever increase skills, then come on out.  I will say that we have an extremely diverse and friendly bunch of folks that attend.  I will be there this Sunday although I will not be participating in any group rides before meeting at Frickers.  I will be flying back from Miami Beach and will PROBABLY not have time to join up with anyone beforehand.  Come on out, grab a bite and meet us.  We all look forward to meeting new folks!

PS - If you have any questions you can send me a direct email at Oblivious936@gmail.com  Please include "Bike Night" in the subject or I may delete the message assuming it is spam.  Thanks!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty good crowd, ND Speed didn't know that was you setting next to me. Couple of funny drunks on hand. Rookies ya gotta love em'

Haha, we almost need name tags with our forum names on them. 

Those drunks were hilarious!

Now this sounds fun. As a brand new member nobody is even going to know my forum name....LOL But I will try to make one soon. I am a bit confused by the before hand rides does that always take place or what on these days? Not sure if I can make the ride as we are usually doing the kid swap thing with the ex. But tpyically get back round 4-5ish.

NDspd....glad to see you come back and definitely glad to see the Triumph up and running.  What a great looking bike that is.

Matt....Yes, we typically hold a group ride before Bike Night for those that are interested.  Last week there were about 10 bikes involved.  (BTW, I live in Pleasant Hill and so does Anden)

This Sunday we are planning a group ride over to Route 78 outside of the Columbus area and joining our brothers in group GRC for the day.  There will likely not be a formalized Apex Addicts group ride in this area (due to Nate and I being in Columbus) but you and everyone else are welcome to roll with us over there.  We will be leaving from the Troy Meijer parking lot about 10-10:30am Sunday morning and returning that evening about 7-7:30, just in time for Bike Night.  It should be an epic day on an epic road.  Come prepared to ride your ass off.  Everyone rides their own pace and no one gets left behind.  If you drift behind, no problem.  We will set it up for different paces and wait points will be had. 

I usually head the group rides here and I am planning on going on the Columbus trip headed by our lead administrator.  However, the following week we will be riding here.  They typically start about 3-4 pm and leave from my house in Pleasant Hill, just outside of Troy.

For faster information regarding group rides or just general info, please email me at Oblivious936@gmail.com  Please include "Bike Night" in your subject line or your email may get missed.

Peace, love and chain grease,

Ryan 

NDspd....glad to see you come back and definitely glad to see the Triumph up and running.  What a great looking bike that is.

Awesome...thanks for the kind words. I'm so glad she's running better than when I bought it 2 years ago. I still need to find that welder someone had talked about at the meet.

If anyone is planning on going over past Columbus with us to ride Route 78 and 685, please be at the Meijer parking lot in Troy NO LATER than 10:00am.  We will be rolling out by 10:15.  The skill levels will run the gambit, so don't be afraid to come as you are.  We do, however, strongly encourage gearing up.  These roads are some of the most technical roads in Ohio.  You don't need to respond to this message, just show up, introduce yourself and we will ensure that you get there and back.  We will be rolling back into Troy about 7:30.  Its looking like at least 20 people will be on the ride.

BIKE NIGHT IS STILL ON.

Ryan

There will be a small group ride today, meeting at 5pm. The pace will be much slower than past rides. A crisp clean pace is all that is to be expected so that everyone is able to participate. Even still, anyone that does not stay with the herd should ride within their comfort level and NO ONE is expected to try and keep up. You will be waited on at the stop signs, without complaint. I will be riding 2-up today so there will be zero shenanigans taking place. Mildly brisk is the goal.

We will be meeting at 5pm at 302 S Main Street (St Rt 48) in Pleasant Hill. Plan to be rolling by 5:15pm for about 1.5 hours around the Miami county area. Curvy roads are the destination and we will end the ride at Frickers in Troy for Bike Night. If you don't know us, come introduce yourself. You will be happy to find some of the friendliest folks you've ever met. Everyone thinks it's going to be weird and uncomfortable meeting a new group of people but they realize that they feel like they've known us forever within 5 minutes. Good folks, a really nice ride and a really good time culminating with some Frickers to fill your belly. Come on out and meet us!

I hope so, Snot. We've missed having you guys back. The group has grown dramatically. We are now at 70 strong and growing. Yesterday's group ride consisted of about 20 bikes. We realize that next season we are going to have to break them up into smaller groups based on ability. However, we are going to start training sessions to help those riders who would like to participate, mature in safety, abilility and confidence. That will begin next week, continue the remainder of this season and pick back up in the spring.

Bike Night is on for this coming Sunday at 7pm until whenever at the Troy Frickers.

I will be leading another group ride about meeting at 4:30 sharp and leaving at 5pm from 302 S. Main Street (St Rt 48) in Pleasant Hill.  It will be toned down again and mildly over the speed limit at times in straights.  We just have some riders that are newer and really need to focus on their technique.  Because of that, I will be giving a brief 20-30 minute instruction lesson before heading out.  All are expected to work on the topic discussed the entire ride and no shenanigans will be tolerated.  No fast riding is allowed this time out and plenty of room will be had between the rider in front of you and the rider in back of you.  This is going to be a ride to help newer and experienced riders alike.  It will be follow the leader style and all participants are expected to follow suit.  We will be stopping in a parking lot and working on some technique if time allows.  I also intend on stopping in a very safe area and having riders go through the turns while I watch and listen from the side of the road.  Throttle control and quick steering will be the primary focus.

If anyone wants to ride quickly, please seek other riders to hook up with before Bike Night.  This ride needs to be focused and suited to those riders that need the instruction, encouragement and leadership.  After all, that is one of our goals. 

Glad to have met another of you this afternoon/evening.  Ireland (Don't recall your screen name) we all enjoyed having you aboard.  I hope that you are able to come back and ride with us on a longer ride.  We will be riding a full route next week.  We just ran out of time.  Look us up on FB at Apex Addicts to keep up with the group and there are a few photos on there from today already.  I know that Nathan will be posting up more once he gets the GoPro footage edited.

• 2 weeks later...

The Apex Addicts cookout was at our place last week and it was a huge success.  Well over 40 people attended.  Bike Night will be back on at Frickers this coming Sunday at 7pm.  No organized group ride will be held prior to meeting at Frickers.

Ok I was out there for 30 minutes after 7pm. Where the heck is everyone? It's still decent riding weather!!!

I booked out of there since I was awkwardly standing out front waiting for anyone to come out.