Bike Nights Beginning In Troy Ohio

Triumph

Think I'll show up, think I'll trailer the FZ1 up it's like 30 miles nobody rides that far.

We'll bring a tent to pitch in the parking lot after dinner so we won't have to load the trailer to make it back home tonight Paul, so bring firewood

I almost forgot about this with the stupid busy workday today and the after effects of a 75hr work week.

I've got the overworked-bobblehead-frizzlebrained-syndrom something fierce, so I may just end up sitting in a chair somewhere moaning crosseyed whilst profusely drooling on myself. :crazy:

Edited by Hellmutt

Good time tonight, nice meeting everyone. We should perpetuate this into a meet & ride soon, so get that route together Ryan! Good sized crowd. Hope Russ joins up here, I enjoyed talking to him. Oldschool made time to swing by, maybe next time we can get more local OR folk to partake and make this thing BIG.

Edited by Hellmutt

I live in Dayton and just got a new bike. I'd love to come out and meet some new people. If it's still going on, I'd come out either the 13th or the 20th. I'll check back closer to that time and make sure it's happening

Tonight was a great success being that it was only our 3rd week.  Thank you all for coming out and hanging with the group (Hellmutt, Snot, Rollnhot, Blueskeyes, Oldschoolsdime).  I enjoyed meeting you guys and I hope you all will keep coming.   I really hope that this fine community of Ohio Riders becomes part of a larger whole.  The more of you that come, the more others will find out about this site and join here.  As Hellmutt said, we need to start turning this into group rides, and that is the plan.  We are just getting this organized so give us some time to catch our breath and get it going.  Doing a group ride before and then all gathering for some wings sounds like a great day!

We are going to take the advertising to the next level with flyers.  The goal is to get so many folks together that the porch gets reserved for just us.  BW3's has already agreed to reserved parking for motorcycles should we keep growing and keep a consistent crowd.  So all of you that missed tonight, I hope to meet you very soon.  This area needs this kind of organization and camaraderie.  We really want to make the motorcycling community in this area just that, a community.  

Tonight we saw 30+ bikes of all kinds.  Mostly sport and sport touring but some Harleys and cafe's also made the cut.  Everyone is welcome.  If you love to ride, love to talk bikes and would like to be around others who love the same, then drag your butt off the couch and join us.

WHEN:  Every Sunday evening  from 7 until Closing

WHERE:  Troy, OH BW3's (cattycornered from Lowes on Main St) 

Ryan

Edited by Triumph
  • Upvote 1

MV Dave, it will be happening every Sunday from 7-Closing.  It was a rather good sized group again this Sunday.  Most people bugged out a bit earlier but the amount of folks keeps growing.  The core folks hung out until about 11.  A couple of us also went for a ride beforehand.

Yeah, what she said ^^^ between my work schedule, weekends with my daughter, and random band gigs, a free Sunday evening can be a rarety for us. We will try and make them when we can though. Good on ya Ryan for spearheading this bikenight here, wife and I wanted to do something similar these last few years but life's little schedules prevail most of the time.

Its all good Hellmutt and Snot.  I really enjoyed having you guys there and I know a few other folks complimented on how nice you two were.  We will take you guys whenever you are able to come! If you could help get the word to the riders up near Piqua, we would really appreciate it.  I know it takes time to build these things but the more we spread the word the more likely it will be to remain.

Anden and Blueskeyes,  it was good to see both of you again.  Hope you two can keep making it regularly.  I really hope that more of the members here will give it a shot.  It has been really good times so far. 

I know you told me how to post a pic here, Snot, but for the life of me I can't figure out why it won't let me post a link from Flicker.  If you could manage to help me out with this, I will begin posting photos that are taken every week.  That way people can see what's going on, the bikes that show up and just see what they missed if they couldn't come.

Bike Night will be happening as usual on Sunday.  Its from 7 until close at the Troy BW3's.  We hope that most of the folks who have already come, can make it again.  We would love to see some more new faces and we are expecting it to be larger than all of the previous weeks.  It has grown substantially every week for the last four.  We will be passing out flyers soon and we expect to see an explosion of attendance once they are made and we begin to distribute them.  We are also trying to get the normal area of the porch sectioned off for us this week so that we don't have to fight for seating once we get there.

As is quickly becoming our slogan,

Peace, Love and Chain Grease.

Almost forgot about the wannabe at the end of the patio who yell at his girlfriend for looking at the guys and their (jap shit). He was driving an Acura with a HD bar&shield in the back window. That's right no bike.