Trx700xx Blows Up!

M_Quick

Holy shit dude!!

What let loose? Can't tell exactly on the phone.

Yeah the goprp pictures in the video suck. The piston cracked the front skirt and then blew through the cylinder wall. The wrist pin was intacted, all 4 valves bent but not broken. One bent really bad. Here's cellphone pictures, didn't get one of the mangled piston.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

sent using tappetalk!

OUCH! Sorry to hear this man!

Thx, going to be a expensive weekend. And this happened 3.5 miles into our ride. Atleast I didn't need towed to far. So far I've been told, low octane fuel, and holding it open to long.

sent using tappetalk!

Suck a valve or did the wrist pin give up on you? I could hear it knocking right before it seized.

Yea I didn't want to mask the sound with any music. Motor still turned over, so it didn't totally lock up but did shut down. I held clutch in asap.

Mechanic said my crank was fine, but another tells me not to waste time or money w/out replacing the crank?

sent using tappetalk!

Holy shit dude this sucks balls. Usually those Hondas are bullet proof. How many hours or miles you think you have on it?

Just guessing around 2k on miles and 400 hrs. But just a wild guess, I've had quad 4 yrs almost. At 3 yr point I had to redo the rear inboard joints (not cv). I thought that was bad at $350 in parts. This will most likely be $1200 min repair.

sent using tappetalk!

Owie. 1200 you can probably find a good used motor. Crank might be fucked, that front skirt went somewhere after it ejected, and that somewhere is probably down into the crank case where it played with your crank and maybe primary drive.

If the bottom end isn't trashed a rebuild shouldn't be too bad as far as parts...rebuild the head with new valves and guides, buy a used jug and piston, few gaskets and slap it together.

Local mechanic said bottom end appears fine. But another reputable builder said he'd change the crank. And just for shits and jiggles ebay a used cylinder. There's one for $300. And its pretty rough, I dont even know if a +3mm would clean it up. New ones cheaper around $265 and up.

sent using tappetalk!

2yr. Only model. And the way the irs is and rhe sprocket location I doubt other engine's will work. I still think if he can get a +3 hotrod stroker crank for a decent price I may doit. He said that's where I'd get some real power gain. Instead of a +2 or 3mm piston.

sent using tappetalk!