New Concourse damaged/what shop to use?

Redwings01

Hello everyone. First time poster. I was travelling WB on I-70 this evening about 5 miles east of the Buckeye Lake exit. Car in front of me drove over a large "tire gator" and it kicked up into my pristine, new C14 with 300 miles on it. A lot of fairing damage. I'm wanting to know if anyone has any recommendations for a top notch Kawasaki shop in the central Ohio area. I want my bike back in perfect condition so any advice on the best body shop in the area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance gents!!

First of all :welcomeor: and congrats on the new C14! Sorry to hear about the mishap, but I assume you faired well by keeping it up on 2 wheels?

Wish I knew who to recommend on your side of the state. Over her on my side we use Rhemert's Kawasaki in Versailles, or Vista Kawasaki in Dayton. I guess let Google guide you through a positive review search for your area? :dunno:

Hey Connie14, I'm right on Taylor Rd. Have you heard any good things about their shop. I will be demanding from the insurance co. (Markel) for OEM replacement. I have replacement cost coverage, but with 300 miles on the bike, I want anything with a mark on it replaced. The good thing is, I can drive the bike to Iron Pony if needed. I've seen bikes get more damaged getting transported. Anyways, I'll have to look you up after I get my bike repaired. Thanks again.

Most bike parts come pre painted and ready to bolt on anymore. Id get a quote to get it fixed and get the check then hit the interwebz and order the parts from a cheaper place and bolt them on yourself.

C14's rule and others drool :D

I wouldn't file an insurance claim. If I'm the insurance company, the first thing I'm asking you is how closely you were following the vehicle ahead of you. Then I'm telling you you were failing to keep an assured clear distance, and the damage sustained is your fault. Had you maintained an adequate distance between vehicles, the rocks wouldn't have struck your bike.

Not trying to be a dick, but the insurance companies will be. They are going to pay out more on this one claim than you pay them in a year. That's not their business model.

You have no police report that says the driver ahead of you crossed the edge line and bit the rumble strip.

I have to believe they will question this claim. Something to consider.

They can question all they want. The truck tire was in the middle of the roadway, and the car that struck it was a "medical courier" car that had it's name plastered on the side. It wasn't that guys fault anyways. I saw the tire debris in the distance and in fact was saying to myself to the other driver "don't run over that, don't run over that" well, he did, traffic wouldn't allow me to take evasive action to the left and all I had was berm on the right. Well, he ran right over it and it kicked up in pretzel like form right in my lane. I almost avoided but it had the angle on me as it was moving toward me. I'm the head of a local police department and have been in LE for 20 years. I encourage them to "investigate" the matter.

Hey Connie14, I'm right on Taylor Rd. Have you heard any good things about their shop. I will be demanding from the insurance co. (Markel) for OEM replacement. I have replacement cost coverage, but with 300 miles on the bike, I want anything with a mark on it replaced. The good thing is, I can drive the bike to Iron Pony if needed. I've seen bikes get more damaged getting transported. Anyways, I'll have to look you up after I get my bike repaired. Thanks again.

I am not sure about crash damage. Of the stealerships, I would trust Iron Pony the most.

I live in Pataskala, and I grew up in Reynoldsburg. I may have been down Taylor a few thousand times. After you get the bike fixed, we can meet up for a ride. I can show you how to farkle that bike up.

I am not sure about crash damage. Of the stealerships, I would trust Iron Pony the most.

After you get the bike fixed, we can meet up for a ride. I can show you how to farkle that bike up.

He's going to need a second job :lol:

Where to start on the farkles??? New Baldwin seat, Cee Bailey screen, both fender extenders, T-Rex crash bars, bar risers, Murph's peg lowers, Tech Spec tank and saddlebag protectors, Kaoko throttle lock, grip puppies, headlight protectors, 2 RAM mounts. Sena SMH10 headsets. All I can think of at the moment. One headlight protector and one of the protective pucks on the T-Rex engine guards was destroyed/missed after impact. And yes, I do have two jobs:)

• Upvote 1

Where to start on the farkles??? New Baldwin seat, Cee Bailey screen, both fender extenders, T-Rex crash bars, bar risers, Murph's peg lowers, Tech Spec tank and saddlebag protectors, Kaoko throttle lock, grip puppies, headlight protectors, 2 RAM mounts. Sena SMH10 headsets. All I can think of at the moment. One headlight protector and one of the protective pucks on the T-Rex engine guards was destroyed/missed after impact. And yes, I do have two jobs:)

If you're not on there already check out www.zggtr.org , lots of good people and good info on there. Edited by 2talltim

Where to start on the farkles??? New Baldwin seat, Cee Bailey screen, both fender extenders, T-Rex crash bars, bar risers, Murph's peg lowers, Tech Spec tank and saddlebag protectors, Kaoko throttle lock, grip puppies, headlight protectors, 2 RAM mounts. Sena SMH10 headsets. All I can think of at the moment. One headlight protector and one of the protective pucks on the T-Rex engine guards was destroyed/missed after impact. And yes, I do have two jobs:)

Which Baldwin and which CeeBaileys do you have ?

I have the gel sport and the dome touring, I also have a Euro cut im thinking of selling

The Baldwin "Grand Touring". BEST seat I have ever owned and I've been riding motorcycles for almost 30 years and have NEVER been comfortable on a single one of my bikes, this includes a Goldwing, UNTIL I bought that Baldwin. Best money spent ever on a bike. I also have the Euro cut Cee Bailey. It's ok I guess, expected more I guess, but it works.

The Baldwin "Grand Touring". BEST seat I have ever owned and I've been riding motorcycles for almost 30 years and have NEVER been comfortable on a single one of my bikes, this includes a Goldwing, UNTIL I bought that Baldwin. Best money spent ever on a bike. I also have the Euro cut Cee Bailey. It's ok I guess, expected more I guess, but it works.

I wouldn't mind trying it that seat out sometime. I liked the euro too but being a Sasquatch of a man I wanted taller the touring dome gave me that.

I wanted the Baldin GT. I found a used Russell Day-Long on the COG Forum from somebody that was my size. I really enjoy it compared to the stock saddle. Both the Russell and Baldwin are very nice. Laam also makes a good seat for the C14.

I think Tim has the UltraDome, and it is a nice shield. I have the Cal-Sci Large, and I have no complaints.

With 300 miles on the bike, you have probably figured out that doing the speed limit can be difficult at times.

This is a C14 discussion, you stromtroopers wouldn't understand ;)

Ha.....I could still learn you a thing or 2 on that C14. ;) And I have a bag full of caterpillar orings, mine are yellow and look much more cool than your black cock ring. LOL

Ha.....I could still learn you a thing or 2 on that C14. ;) And I have a bag full of caterpillar orings, mine are yellow and look much more cool than your black cock ring. LOL

Mine are better because they are like camo on the grip and they were free(err um borrowed) from my employer. :D and they double as c......nevermind