Iron Pony A+

Hoblick

on two occasions actually.

first i went with my buddy to help him with a boot purchase.  He end up finding a set of boots he wanted, but not in his size.  Derek was very helpful as usual, and got a pair ordered up for him, which came in at the time he said they would.  On top of that, Pony even matched an online price for him.

next, i went in to look at intercoms, already kinda decided on the Sena SMH10 dual pack, and wanted to see if they had them in stock.  didn't have any on the shelf at the intercom desk area, so i went and talked to derek, he found it in the back and brought them up to the counter.  I told him about an email i just got from CompAcc.com and they had them on sale for $249.99, he matched that price and i handed my money over.

props to pony for the great information to help my buddy in his boot decision, having something i wanted in stock , and even more so for the price matching.

this really changes my buying habits if they keep this up.  If they will match online pricing, id rather buy it from Pony.  a few bucks difference was never a big deal for me, or the tax, but some items (like the intercoms i bought) were stickered in the store for over $100 more than i found them numerous places online.  seeing them match that price makes me happy.  I'm sure they will loose less customers by doing this.  

• Upvote 1

They price matched my boots, but they were already on clearance. I think they loose a lot of business on sticker shock alone, they should be more competitive with their prices on the shelf.

I think the best thing is being able to try stuff on and take it home that day (gear and luggage both - I love how they'll walk out to your bike and check the fit before you buy).

I'm willing to pay some extra for that convenience, and it's even better when they can price-match.  Occasionally their clearance items are outstanding deals too.

Not necessarily a price match, but when I bought my icon helmet there, the only one left in my size was the floor model. It was already on clearance, and they still allowed more discount beyond the clearance price,  because of the fact that it had been out of the box, and worn by others. 

That made them a A+ in my book (and they have done that for me on multiple occasions, with multiple items)

Well guys thanks for giving a guy an ego boost! As if I didn't have a big enough head!! Glad I can help, I just try to treat people fairly and as I would like to be treated. Let me know if there's ever anything I can do to help.

• Upvote 1

Well guys thanks for giving a guy an ego boost! As if I didn't have a big enough head!! Glad I can help, I just try to treat people fairly and as I would like to be treated. Let me know if there's ever anything I can do to help.

You and Scott are the main reasons I shop at IP.

Iron Pony is close to the path I take home from work,

so I find myself stopping in there about once a month,

if not to purchase, just for the pleasure of browsing and

looking at bikes I've only read about and seen pictures

of.  I think the store itself is a rider's fantasy land.  No

need to go many other places to check items off of

your Christmas wish list.

Marc Iafolla and Josh Lynn are always helpful whenever

I'm trying on bikes for size.  They take their time to talk

about what may be a good match for your needs,

dreams, and fantasies.  These guys are a big part of what

makes going there a pleasant experience.

The parts counter.  I never feel rushed there.  They've

always been more than helpful and full of great advice.

Even the keeper of the gate at the security desk has been

pleasant.  I'm just happy I don't have to drive half way

across the state to get there.  It's a one stop shop for me.

For icing on the cake, Schmidt's Sausage Hous had a

truck outside the door one day last week.  So, I was even

able to have my dinner there after browsing through the

store.  You can't beat that.

iron pony does not carry much for women, and sizes are limited in everything. However, the ladies that did help me find stuff I could modify were very nice. I did find a pair of boots that fit on clearance, but none of the top brands had my size (on the shelf).

R.D. is where I go for most of my gear but, motoliberty is where I found my leathers in my size!

iron pony does not carry much for women, and sizes are limited in everything. However, the ladies that did help me find stuff I could modify were very nice. I did find a pair of boots that fit on clearance, but none of the top brands had my size (on the shelf).

R.D. is where I go for most of my gear but, motoliberty is where I found my leathers in my size!

I bet I know why the Pony does not carry much gear for women, I bet they are used to women being passengers and many who do that wear little to no gear anyways. Glad you are able to find good quality gear, maybe the IP will take heed for the needs of the ladies?

I bet I know why the Pony does not carry much gear for women, I bet they are used to women being passengers and many who do that wear little to no gear anyways. Glad you are able to find good quality gear, maybe the IP will take heed for the needs of the ladies?

I really hope they do start carrying more. Even STT has limited leathers for women to rent. It is nice to try gear on prior to purchase. I was lucky Motoliberty was at Indy last year. A lady working there guess my size and had the gear for me to try on, perfect fit.

Very few carry XS gloves, Helmets and small boots. Its the same for the taller ladies, only the average sizes are stocked. I have never seen female leathers anywhere except at Indy during the races. Ridersdiscount has the best prices and carry XS.

I dated a gal who lamented about science-related stuff not being available to women, like ThinkGeek.com tees and such. She'd probably say that the market is lagging behind active women along multiple fronts.

3 years ago Comp acc had the chatterbox xbi2 for over a 100 cheaper than iron pony. Iron pony wouldn't match them because it was "to low". That kinda turned me off to them but maybe they are changing their ways

I think that expecting a local vendor to match every online price is too much to ask, especially if the online price is lower than the local vendor can buy it for.  Remember that IP has showroom and employee overhead that places like Comp Acc don't - the latter being a warehouse-centric volume shop that can buy large volumes to loss-lead on specific items and make it up on bundled ones (like enticing you with free shipping above a certain amount).  Being able to try stuff on, talk with a knowledgeable salesperson and then take your goodies home the same-day is pretty cool.  I've bought some specific items from Comp Acc, Riders Discount, etc. but I'd hate to go through ordering stuff, waiting, trying it on, returning it, waiting, trying a second size and not being totally happy or returning it a second time, waiting...

Edited by smccrory
  • Upvote 1

I had the same problem. I went to pony ready to spend some money but they didn't have my size in either of the jackets I wanted. The lady who tried to help me was really pleasant, mentioned I should come back next week. I came back and nothing changed.... Still not there in my size :-/ I think I'm a pretty average size so I'm not sure why.

I've gotten lucky in the clearance isles once in a while, but they were men's items. If the women's market isn't there, we can't expect that they cater to us... But it would be nice if they did :)

I had the same problem. I went to pony ready to spend some money but they didn't have my size in either of the jackets I wanted. The lady who tried to help me was really pleasant, mentioned I should come back next week. I came back and nothing changed.... Still not there in my size :-/ I think I'm a pretty average size so I'm not sure why.

I've gotten lucky in the clearance isles once in a while, but they were men's items. If the women's market isn't there, we can't expect that they cater to us... But it would be nice if they did :)

It would also be nice if they would stop making everything pink. I like pink but don't want to look like a bottle of Pepto when I go riding.

I have a hard time finding regular pants, let alone riding pants that won't be capri's on me. I want to make a trip to the Pony to check out pants but most likely they will be in the mens section...

• Upvote 2