Exmark ztr mowers

cmh_sprint

Anyone have experience with Exmark Lazer mowers? I'm looking at the e series with a 60" deck. I cut between 6 - 7 acres and a mile of trails with a 72" pull behind. I'm tired of giving up 6 - 7 hours to cut grass each time out. Borrowed a neighbors ztr and did everything but the trails in 3 hours.

My parents have an Exmark Lazer they bought used about 8-10 years ago.  I'm not sure of the deck size but 60" sounds about right.  It's been very reliable considering it gets almost zero maintenance besides the occasional oil change, blade change, and belt change.  It was worked hard in it's previous life (commercial mowing), so I ended up rebuilding the v-twin 3-4 years ago...runs great after the rebuild though.  HTH

Guy up the road has had a Dixie Chopper for about 8 years and he's flying on that thing when he mows the 8 acre plot next to us. He told my dad the only thing he has done to it was a set of blades, regular oil changes and greasing. And i think they come with a 3 year warranty

Dads got a Dixie Chopper and Grandpa just got an xmark last year. Dixie is more but better build quality with metal gas tank instead of xmark plastic ones. Very similar design and both cut well and are very fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dixie is more but better build quality with metal gas tank instead of xmark plastic ones. Very similar design and both cut well and are very fast.

^^^ This.

With Exmark, you have to watch... they make both a commercial and a residential line... I would venture to guess that with 6-7 acres, and a mile of trails, you might want to make sure the lazer E series is commercial. (without research, I don't know)....

Thanks. I'm looking at the Lazer E which is full on commercial grade with a Kawasaki engine. I'm dealing with a bit of sticker shock but will most likely pull the trigger tomorrow.

My neighbor mows commercial and has 2 eX-marks, he does nothing but regular maintenance and blade sharpening.

Thanks. Heading to Voss brothers this afternoon to sign the paperwork.

Exmark, Dixie, Kubota, Scag, all make a good commercial product.  Grasshoppers aren't bad, and Bobcat mowers are decent, too.  The biggest thing is what engine you get.  The Kohlers and Kawi's are good for gas, and Kubota for diesel.

Love my Gravely, granted wasn't looking commercial grade, but man the thing is built so much better than my Cub Cadet was.  Exmark's are top of the line especially the commercial level, hence why about 80% of the landscape companies you'll see carrying them in their trailers daily. 

I was surprised how easy the zero turn was to operate and how much better of a cut it gave than the old wide path walk behind I had, but the cutting difference is night and day.

Nice mower. I'm sure you'll enjoy its performance. I have a cub cadet zforce and I'll never go back to a normal mower. I have a pull behind as well for trails but the zero turn is much easier.

Only complaint about the zero turn is when it's slightly wet, hilly yards next to fences suck.

Get a hitch and Put some lights on it.

I'm sill rocking my piece of crap TSC Husky that I bought used 10 years ago for $400 to "get us by". It's like the energizer bunny..lol

Yeah it can get you by for sure, but once you mow with a commercial grade deck that annihilates thick wet tall grass that won't clog up under your deck, and just goes through at high speeds like it is nothing......you will be like DAMN!!!!!!

Yeah it can get you by for sure, but once you mow with a commercial grade deck that annihilates thick wet tall grass that won't clog up under your deck, and just goes through at high speeds like it is nothing......you will be like DAMN!!!!!!

Yup but I'm a cheap ass..lol

I think it's kind of funny my dad has a Cub Cadet one of the good ones before they went cheap. Paid like $6k for the thing, and it's always broke down and he's always borrowing my $400 piece of crap...haha

I'm sill rocking my piece of crap TSC Husky that I bought used 10 years ago for $400 to "get us by". It's like the energizer bunny..lol

Yeah, I have a similar piece of crap.  It's not doing so well at getting me by.  I work on it more than I get to use it!  I have a cylinder head coming for it now!  I have to put air in the tires every 15 minutes when I'm using it, too.  

Yup but I'm a cheap ass..lol

I think it's kind of funny my dad has a Cub Cadet one of the good ones before they went cheap. Paid like $6k for the thing, and it's always broke down and he's always borrowing my $400 piece of crap...haha

Cubs have been good and they have been bad, I once had a commercial Toro Wheelhorse that was just a great all around machine.

First cutting report, this mower kicks ass!. 3.5 hours on the clock to do what took me 7 - 8 in the past. The cut quality is amazing and the underside of the deck was 95% clean after cutting grass that was between 7- 10 inches tall. It came with a full flotation seat, very similar to air ride seats in semi's, that is adjustable to your weight. It makes the ride very comfortable for a yard that has some rough spots.

Edited by cmh_sprint
  • Upvote 1

Fack I hate reading this.  The old Craftsman 42" rider we inherited with the house has decided this year to be a PITA.  To start of it wouldn't start, replaced a bad starter solenoid.  Ran for for a couple weeks and then the wife was mowing because of a lazy ass kid and then it died again only not to start.  The kid says he can fix it but we've told him several times, to just pull the carb and clean it but he just took the bowl off and sprayed it with WD.  :nono:  I think I'm going to strangle the shithead.

I really don't want to have to buy a new mower but if I do I'm going zero turn.  Don't know if I can afford commercial grade though. :(

Fack I hate reading this.  The old Craftsman 42" rider we inherited with the house has decided this year to be a PITA.  To start of it wouldn't start, replaced a bad starter solenoid.  Ran for for a couple weeks and then the wife was mowing because of a lazy ass kid and then it died again only not to start.  The kid says he can fix it but we've told him several times, to just pull the carb and clean it but he just took the bowl off and sprayed it with WD.   :nono:  I think I'm going to strangle the shithead.

I really don't want to have to buy a new mower but if I do I'm going zero turn.  Don't know if I can afford commercial grade though. :(

LT1000 with a 17.5 Briggs and Scrapiron?  (That's what I have, and it has been a HUGE PITA for the past couple year.)

LT1000 with a 17.5 Briggs and Scrapiron?  (That's what I have, and it has been a HUGE PITA for the past couple year.)

Here is my old POS that i paid $400 and maybe put $100 into since ive had it(belts and blades), it's a 2003 and ive had it for like 8 or 9 years. It's a 21 hp twin with a 46" deck. Oh yea and that's my new hired help, i pay him in M&Ms... :lol:

post-13234-0-01972900-1401242085_thumb.j

Edited by 2talltim