5/17/14 Wayne

M_Quick

Anyone going this Saturday? Weather looks perfect, rain all week then low to mid 60's and sunny Saturday. Or do you guys just mainly go holiday weekends like Easter and Mothers day?

sent using tappetalk!

I'll be in WV on Memorial Day.

Me too!

We had a huge break down at work today due to a lightning strike so that means once it's repaired I'll probably be working all weekend.

Lucky you all that OT.

Why is it apart again?

A-arm bearings, did the rear's then the fronts. There not cheap about $25.00 per arm, some places wanted as much as $40 per arm. Not side but per arm, and there's 8 in all err. So far I did both rear uppers, and just lubed the lowers. And then I did the front uppers, but noticed the left front lower arm was bad too. So I will have to order another couple sets of bearings to do the lower fronts soon. They kinda suck, cause honda puts a set ring on each side of the spherical bearing. And it is recessed in the arm, a real muther to get the set ring out. Heres a photo of what's in each arm. 4 set-rings, 4 dust seals, 4 collars, and 2 spherical bearings. 

!BdUYjlQBGk~$(KGrHqIH-CgEreH6ihqSBK4ZdfW

• Upvote 1

Getting the set-rings out is a pita! And the front lower arm rear bolt wouldn't clear my skid plate. So instead of putting back together and taking it off the atv stand to removed bumper nerfs and skids. I just removed the problem with my cut off wheel! And rounded off the corner of the skidplate. In this photo you can also see the recessed area of the upper arm where the set-ring sits inside the arm, about a 1/2" or so inside.

.5ybahy4e.jpg

sent using tappetalk!

Edited by M_Quick

Well my quad stayed together, I can't say the same for the Renegade!

sent using tappetalk!

lol mine stayed together just have to do a better job dodging rocks and trees

more info please...:popcorn:

lol mine stayed together just have to do a better job dodging rocks and trees

Well if you dont count the times we took parts off and on, I guess it stayed together lol.

sent using tappetalk!

more info please... :popcorn:

A couple pictures to help explain things better, since Steve didn't elaborate to well...

Just a little out of alignment, lol....

GOPR0969_zps82d74940.jpg

Tie-rod bent! 

GOPR0966_zpsb540471c.jpg

These pictures were from the first event! I'm looking to see if I have the 2nd incident on video.

I'm looking to see if I have the 2nd incident on video.

Okay I have a piece of video, it's poor quality due to mud on the lens. And the fact that he hits the tree exiting a corner and was out of my view. But you can see the tree and the tire track leading to it. Also note the steering wheel turned hard right and the left front pointing straight! You can see that in the icon photo for the video,