Good News thread:

Gump

Why does the neighbor like to leave stuff there?

He visits the music store several times a week.  He likes to buy effects pedals and amps.  Every so often... there's a gently used but mostly-new amp sitting next to the dumpster :)

So he just tosses them instead of getting store credit? Is dude rich or dumb?

His family has money :)  Hey I'm not complaining, it's the 4th or 5th amp I've picked up since I moved into the condo complex.  The 2nd I've sold to Guitar center, although the last one wasn't for $150.  If you want an amp cheap, I'll give you a holler next time I pick one up :)

• Upvote 1

His family has money :)  Hey I'm not complaining, it's the 4th or 5th amp I've picked up since I moved into the condo complex.  The 2nd I've sold to Guitar center, although the last one wasn't for $150.  If you want an amp cheap, I'll give you a holler next time I pick one up :)

He ever puts a powered mixer out, give me a shout!  Need a small pa for my solo gig...  Effects pedal for the acoustic would be handy too.

He ever puts a powered mixer out, give me a shout!  Need a small pa for my solo gig...  Effects pedal for the acoustic would be handy too.

Effects pedal for the acoustic?  I'm not sure, but I think I have an SD-1 lying around at home that wasn't worth selling back to guitar center... Will that work or is it for electric only?

I had a pretty awesome two days... 

I made $150 for nothing, already mentioned.

That night, I got home with my wife and there was a young racoon stuck in the dumpster :(  He must have fallen into the gap between the two lids, and it was empty so he couldn't get out.  I dropped in a two-by-four for him to use as a ladder/walkway and waited quietly for 5 minutes out of sight.  Sure enough, up he went and he was on his way.  That made me feel good.

Yesterday, I dropped my motorcycle key while walking from the parking lot to the softball field :(  I knew it as soon as I reached the bleachers to take off my riding pants.  I hustled back to the bike since I only had a few minutes until the game started, watching the ground as I went, but didn't see it.... While walking back to the field from the bike, I DID find it, right in the grass on the edge of the cement walkway.  Phew!

Then I went 3-for-4 in the first game, with a triple and 2 doubles, and then I had the game-winning hit in the second game :)  

• Upvote 1

Effects pedal for the acoustic?  I'm not sure, but I think I have an SD-1 lying around at home that wasn't worth selling back to guitar center... Will that work or is it for electric only?

Decent pedal for an electric, not what I'm after...

Came home and found my package had arrived with my new MIC holsters...  One for the xds and one for the G21.  Especially excited about the MIC for the G21...  Never thought I'd be able to conceal a 13 round .45 until now.  Talk about a big heavy package in the front of my pants...  yeah, ladies.  That's right.  :-D

• Upvote 1

Congrats! A second interview is like a first date... it means they want you, just as long as you don't do anything to screw it up ;)

It's funny because I had already had a first interview on the phone. Then I interviewed yesterday with the HR Manager and my would be boss. Today the HR manager called me and wants me to interview with the owner on Monday so yea I figure so long as I keep it together, I should get the job