Good News thread:

Gump

Nice Gump, forgot to tell you i fixed my riding mower...took off the valve cover and found broken rocker arm. less than $100 in parts and gaskets and she is good as new.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Wojo72 said:

Ella is like "Wtf? Why did you wake me up for this shit?"

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

She is the princess of looks already. It is absolutely hilarious. I can sit and watch her for hours and be entertained with just watching her faces she makes

2 hours ago, bowdog said:

Awesome, congrats man!! I have my first one do September 16th.

Congrats! One has been decently easy so far. Although I'm not sure if my view is skewed since I know a 2nd one is primed to come home any day now

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bad324 said:

Congrats! One has been decently easy so far. Although I'm not sure if my view is skewed since I know a 2nd one is primed to come home any day now

You'll handle it and survive even when they're both home and both screaming. 

Congratulations.  Enjoy it all.  They won't stay small for long, and unless you're planning on a third, this is the only time you'll have babies in the house.

Also - let people cook for you.  Throw shit away and order pizza if you have to, but letting people feel like they're doing you a favor is easier than trying to convince them that you're able to handle cooking on your own.  I expect you're off work for a bit.  I only took 3 days when our first was born.  I have 3 weeks scheduled for the next one. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hellmutt said:

CONGRATS Bad!   Get all the sleep you can until Leah comes home, once there are 2 they tend to wake one another so you and Momma will both have to get up :D

We got a surprise call from the hospital today and my wife freaked thinking it was bad news. Here they decided to release her today. Leah has been an angel at night while in the hospital so if she keeps that up she will be sleeping in a bassinet in our room and her sister will be making the move in to her crib down the hall :lol:

47 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

You'll handle it and survive even when they're both home and both screaming. 

Congratulations.  Enjoy it all.  They won't stay small for long, and unless you're planning on a third, this is the only time you'll have babies in the house.

Also - let people cook for you.  Throw shit away and order pizza if you have to, but letting people feel like they're doing you a favor is easier than trying to convince them that you're able to handle cooking on your own.  I expect you're off work for a bit.  I only took 3 days when our first was born.  I have 3 weeks scheduled for the next one. 

As much as I'd like a boy, I'm thinking I'm done after these 2. We shall see what the wife says but I'm afraid I'll end up with more twins or another girl.

The amount of food people have dropped off so far has been amazing. if they keep this up for another week or two I bet my grocery bill for the month is under $100

• Upvote 1

right around the time the girls turn 1.25~1.5 or possibly even as late as 2, you and the wife will be discussing the dreaded "are we ready for another one?"

and that's because having and raising kids is amazing.  i was one of those guys who always knew he would be a dad and wanted to raise a kid, so take this with a grain of salt, but kids are awesome.  in my line of work, shit goes up and down like crazy (along with the stress), and my one constant has been my daughter.  you can pour your heart and soul and love into your kids... it will be like shining a flashlight at the sun because of all the love you feel from loving them will make your efforts seem laughably feeble in comparison.

now, like i wrote on your facebooks, this isn't to discount the utter shitfest your life will be (at least sleeping wise) for the next 3~6 months.  that is a "joy" i could have done without, but ultimately, it contributes to the overall experience.  there are lots of other things, but you're living it now, so no need to tell you.  wish you guys the best.

• Upvote 4

• 1 year later...

Wife is getting a raise this week and looks like I'm in line for a promotion in the next couple months so it's been a good week even though we both had to go back to work after almost 2 weeks of vacation

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Putting this on a shelf for about a decade. We'll come back to this st a later date and you can compare notes with yourself. Lol

let me live my little noob parenting fantasy until my little ones grow into insufferable twats you heartless cynical cunt

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...