Good News thread:

Gump

Don't need no stinkin brakes, you get the reservoir cap off?

Yep, with a screwdriver hammer. It was the starwheels on the front drums. They were frozen and the hubs had a lot of mud in them. Cleaned out the hub seals and lubed them, roughened up the shoes and inside of the drum with sandpaper, cleaned out the gunk. I have a good lever now.   

• Upvote 2

Yep, with a screwdriver hammer. It was the starwheels on the front drums. They were frozen and the hubs had a lot of mud in them. Cleaned out the hub seals and lubed them, roughened up the shoes and inside of the drum with sandpaper, cleaned out the gunk. I have a good lever now.

sweet!

Came home after work to a flooded basement yesterday.  Contractor is just finishing up this morning and the damage isn't nearly as bad as we thought.  :-)

Bittersweet that my Son graduates from High School on the 24th and then ships out to Ft Benning "Infantry" June 17th......but I am a very proud Papa none the less. He made this decision roughly 2 years ago much to our surprise, especially after he seemed all set to attend Kent State. Anyways.........we will be empty nesters soon, and I hope to spend some quality time with the Wifey. :)

• Upvote 2

Put a new starter in a gold wing for a guy I know from the bar. He's owned the bike for 15 or so years and the starter was always bad. Shop told him motor would have to come out to change it and wanted Hundreds of dollars. I did it with only removing the shifter and charged him $75. Never seen a man so happy to have his bike start right up with one thumb of the button.

• Upvote 4

Put a new starter in a gold wing for a guy I know from the bar. He's owned the bike for 15 or so years and the starter was always bad. Shop told him motor would have to come out to change it and wanted Hundreds of dollars. I did it with only removing the shifter and charged him $75. Never seen a man so happy to have his bike start right up with one thumb of the button.

Good deal!