Brats and Fat Tire

Casper

We didn't have any crap beer to boil the brats in tonight, so we used Fat Tire. I'm never using Bud or Miller again. These were the best brats I've ever had. Figured I'd share. Happy grilling.

• Upvote 1

Where do you get Fat Tire? I have not seen it at my usual retailers.

I haven't seen a place that doesn't sell it in months. Kroger, BP, Giant Eagle, Shell, Meijer, even the tiny little carry out near my neighborhood. 

I've used Boston lager for brats before...huge difference vs domestic light beer.

Trick my chef buddy taught me:

After you pull the brats from the beer to (hopefully) brown on the grill, reduce the beer down to the consistency of warm maple syrup, then pour into the peppers and onions that you've (hopefully) been cooking in butter and reduce further. You get all the greasy goodness that escaped the brats plus a nice rich malt flavor plus butter (!) Plus the onion and pepper flavors. For the added touch, buy bakery rolls you have to split yourself, butter with real mayo and toast on the grill. You'll get a nice crisp toast on them that will handle the juices from the meat and toppings.

This is the best sausage sandwich I've ever had, but it will put you in an early grave.

• Upvote 3

I've used Boston lager for brats before...huge difference vs domestic light beer.

Trick my chef buddy taught me:

After you pull the brats from the beer to (hopefully) brown on the grill, reduce the beer down to the consistency of warm maple syrup, then pour into the peppers and onions that you've (hopefully) been cooking in butter and reduce further. You get all the greasy goodness that escaped the brats plus a nice rich malt flavor plus butter (!) Plus the onion and pepper flavors. For the added touch, buy bakery rolls you have to split yourself, butter with real mayo and toast on the grill. You'll get a nice crisp toast on them that will handle the juices from the meat and toppings.

This is the best sausage sandwich I've ever had, but it will put you in an early grave.

I just let loose in my pants.  This is a must at the races this year.

We didn't have any crap beer to boil the brats in tonight, so we used Fat Tire. I'm never using Bud or Miller again. These were the best brats I've ever had. Figured I'd share. Happy grilling.

Bought my first sixer Sunday...  Thanks to you, sir.