Anyone been to Budapest?

Casper

If you have any option at all, stay at the Four Seasons. It's one of the most spectacular hotels in the world. Whoever developed/restored that place must have been gone in for some kind of tax write-off. Even though rooms are absurdly expensive, I just done see how there would be any ROI after the care that went into that restoration.

It's the quintessential European city for walking around and gawking at 1000 years of architecture. The history and art museums were good, but next time I am there I will skip and just enjoy the ambiance.

Get a transit pass if you are traveling on your own dime. Cabs rip you off.

One off the beaten path place I enjoyed was a park that housed all the old communist statues and monuments after residents dragged them off. There was something revealing and correct about seeing all the grandiose imagery gathered together, reduced to comedy and obviously hollow.

I'm staying at Mercure Budapest Buda Hotel. It's a work thing, so no choice. I'll be taking taxis everywhere most likely. That park sounds interesting. I'll have to scope it out.