2014 Victory Demo at Pony Powersports May 3 & 4

Iron Pony

Victory demo at Pony Powersports on May 3 & 4

Time

Start as soon as possible after we open............Sat 9am, Sun 10am

Go as long as we can before we close...........Sat 6pm, Sun 5pm

Our goal is to let as many as possible test the bikes.

Free Krispy Kremes & coffee in the AM each day.

Schmidt's Sausage Truck will be there both days.

Must be 18 and have motorcycle endorsement, helmet, long pants, closed-toe, sturdy shoes. Passengers welcome.

I will be doing our typical test loop it is about 17 miles of mixed surface streets.

It is a good time, come on out and ride some new bikes and burn some one else's gas.

You need a sign up, and rotation. or a number system.

Last year was ok until everyone started cutting in line for people waiting for a test ride. Basically they would get off, and then jump right back on another bike. Annoyed me enough that I left after one test ride. Just my $.02

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the feedback Cdubyah. I need to come up with something to make that process better.

Make a spreadsheet, a big one, on paper. List each bike across the top...down the left number it 1 - 100 or whatever.  Row 1 is the first ride of the day, have people sign up. No line waiting or jumping involved. You could use times but then you have to try and keep that schedule, that might be tough.

• Upvote 1

Make a spreadsheet, a big one, on paper. List each bike across the top...down the left number it 1 - 100 or whatever.  Row 1 is the first ride of the day, have people sign up. No line waiting or jumping involved. You could use times but then you have to try and keep that schedule, that might be tough.

That would probably work well. Cross off, as each ride returns. Call out names, if you don't answer within X amount of time, you get skipped.

That would probably work well. Cross off, as each ride returns. Call out names, if you don't answer within X amount of time, you get skipped.

Yep, seen it in action at Mid-Ohio. It is how Ma Kaw runs their demo truck there. Worked flawlessly from what I saw.

what models are going to be available?

I might be up for playing on a power-cruiser...

They have a leftover red and white HammerS just calling to me. I can't believe it hasn't sold. Prettiest bike at the Pony IMO.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Victory and Iron Pony for putting this on, I had a blast. Favorite bike by far was the Gunner. All balls, no frills, just two wheels and a torque-monster engine. 

LnyBdM1l.jpg

wKYhORNl.jpg

7ZUA5H4l.jpg

T1xf9BWl.jpg

ZjR5Estl.jpg

3WbfdXol.jpg

ekZiIyLl.jpg

2174Pa9l.jpg

uRf2vPXl.jpg

Edited by Dizzledan

Pony-

In terms of your sign-ups, I will be at the store this morning and can tell you how we did it at KTM if you'd like.  Essentially, we did it as follows:

-Had a sheet for each 30 minute or 45 minute loop.

-Listed every unit top down on the left side with a blank next to it.

-Filled in the person's name on that blank under that sheet (Each loop had a sheet)

-Person signed up with driver's license and signed waiver.

-Person was instructed to show up for the rider's meeting 5 minutes prior to ride time.

-Rider's meeting is key.  Allowed us to get a visual.  Also allowed us to release the riders and when they go to the bike, any cut in line folks were turned away.  But, it had exactly the correct number of riders to bikes.

-We did a role call.  Each person had a lanyard that had all the models on it.

-Anyone missing, we had a waiting list and that person was there early for any available slots.  We as staff knew who they were and knew when we had an opening.

***KEY*** - As soon as each rider was on their bike they were to ride, we punched the lanyard.  This told us that they've ridden each bike.  They had multiple opportunities, but had to be signed up.  If we were doing a dealer ride, we had waiting lines (Really only for MX/Off Road rides) under canopies with the model listed where they stood.

-Lead and sweep goes out and comes back in, dealers talk and chat it up with potential customers...

We typically booked the day within an hour...

Pony-

In terms of your sign-ups, I will be at the store this morning and can tell you how we did it at KTM if you'd like.  Essentially, we did it as follows:

-Had a sheet for each 30 minute or 45 minute loop.

-Listed every unit top down on the left side with a blank next to it.

-Filled in the person's name on that blank under that sheet (Each loop had a sheet)

-Person signed up with driver's license and signed waiver.

-Person was instructed to show up for the rider's meeting 5 minutes prior to ride time.

-Rider's meeting is key.  Allowed us to get a visual.  Also allowed us to release the riders and when they go to the bike, any cut in line folks were turned away.  But, it had exactly the correct number of riders to bikes.

-We did a role call.  Each person had a lanyard that had all the models on it.

-Anyone missing, we had a waiting list and that person was there early for any available slots.  We as staff knew who they were and knew when we had an opening.

***KEY*** - As soon as each rider was on their bike they were to ride, we punched the lanyard.  This told us that they've ridden each bike.  They had multiple opportunities, but had to be signed up.  If we were doing a dealer ride, we had waiting lines (Really only for MX/Off Road rides) under canopies with the model listed where they stood.

-Lead and sweep goes out and comes back in, dealers talk and chat it up with potential customers...

We typically booked the day within an hour...

This sounds like a good idea. The weather Saturday was a double-edged sword; too wet to leave at first,  but no line to wait in for hours to ride. I ended up riding 4 times and never saw any line jumping or anyone left behind. 

Video from the Gunner and Cross- Country: