When not to wave, and how not to....

Tonik

Can ams have TC and ABS that don't allow this sort of behavior

Lame

Seriously? Please tell me both have their own fuse...

I want to rent one for a day. Sign all the paperwork, then get my (scuffed to shit) leathers out of the car and put them on while it's warming up on the lot.

Maybe try to record the rental staff's reactions.

Seriously? Please tell me both have their own fuse...

I want to rent one for a day. Sign all the paperwork, then get my (scuffed to shit) leathers out of the car and put them on while it's warming up on the lot.

Maybe try to record the rental staff's reactions.

There's no switch to disable it, I'm not sure if there's something as simple as pulling a fuse on those or not. Basically, they're really lame and will not let you have fun. They're also impossible to wheelie. Won't happen.

I wanted to do the same thing you mention, except with scooters and do it at the gap. I'd sign the extra insurance policy, then pull my leathers out.

I'm kind of a lazy asshole. I usually only wave at bikes I like or people I know. Or hot joggers of course. People who wave at me usually just get a couple of fingers lifted off of my left handlebar in redneck salute style.

• Upvote 1

I don't wave at trikes... or motorcycles/scooters with training wheels.

Not just out of spite (because they aren't REALLY motorcycles), but god forbid they try to wave back and can't manage the multitasking, wrecking in some fiery crash... I'd feel terrible.

This. I generally don't wave to can-am and scooters because most of them are barely staying on the bike as-is. Adding waving to their list of things to do means there's a good chance they're going to cross the line and run into me.

I wave at other sport bikes, unless I'm clutching. I hesitate to wave at Harleys until they wave first. Don't wave at scooters but I'm a can am fan and will wave at one. I rev my bike up for the kiddies on the sidewalk and wave to the ones in back of cars. And I yell perverted shit at sexy jogger chicks. I troll ricer Honda kids. And I'll nod at anybody in a car that takes the time to acknowledge me and/or gives me room on the road.

I wave to mopeds, scooters, bicycles,

cars with one headlight, and pretty girls.

I'll even wave to a snobby Harley rider

and won't get an attitude if he doesn't

wave back. I'm an equal opportunity

kind of guy. :D

+1

I'll wave at anything that's on 2 or 3 wheels. Usually the 2 fingers out to the side and if they don't wave back, it turns up into the air with only the middle one sticking out. Then I murmur a fuck you in my helmet and speed away

Man, these rules about waving are so cornfusing.  I just do it when I feel like it, or to return a wave. Cruiser, sport bike, bimmer, whatever. Kind of weird though; riding my little Vulcan 500, I get waves more often than not, but when I'm on the ol' Nighthawk, it's almost nothing. It almost feels like I'm actually pissing off the Harley guys somehow. I'm just happy to be out there on wheels, aren't they? 

Man, these rules about waving are so cornfusing.  I just do it when I feel like it, or to return a wave. Cruiser, sport bike, bimmer, whatever. Kind of weird though; riding my little Vulcan 500, I get waves more often than not, but when I'm on the ol' Nighthawk, it's almost nothing. It almost feels like I'm actually pissing off the Harley guys somehow. I'm just happy to be out there on wheels, aren't they? 

You should try tapping on your helmet to advise of an upcoming law enforcement gunning for speeders.

That normally gets me the finger. Normally because the person isn't wearing a helmet.

People get sooooo pissy.

you ever seen a happy pirate? yea me either

• Upvote 1

You should try tapping on your helmet to advise of an upcoming law enforcement gunning for speeders.

That normally gets me the finger. Normally because the person isn't wearing a helmet.

People get sooooo pissy.

LOL, I have had that happen to me. Until now I never realized why I was getting the finger.

Man, these rules about waving are so cornfusing. I just do it when I feel like it, or to return a wave. Cruiser, sport bike, bimmer, whatever. Kind of weird though; riding my little Vulcan 500, I get waves more often than not, but when I'm on the ol' Nighthawk, it's almost nothing. It almost feels like I'm actually pissing off the Harley guys somehow. I'm just happy to be out there on wheels, aren't they?

I used to get that with my NH CB700SC too. Maybe it's easier to spot as a non-cruiser. To a lot of Harley guys, I think that waving to a UJM is a beatable crime by fellow SOA fans.

Edited by smccrory
  • Upvote 1

I used to get that with my NH CB700SC too. Maybe it's easier to spot as a non-cruiser. To a lot of Harley guys, I think that waving to a UJM is a beatable crime by fellow SOA fans.

The funny thing is, my Nighthawk is cheap ol' 93 beater I've been wrenching on and slowly bringing back to life. It's road worthy, but has a junkyard quality to it at the moment. Are they upset because they don't know how to work on their chrome laden garage queens? Or the mega-payment killing their pocket book?

Honestly, I'd think a group of bikers would avoid using the word "pirate" in their name.  So much joke fodder - must resist. MUST RESIST!

I mostly only wave at other orange bikes, unless it's an odd numbered day, but sometimes if it's the weekend & unless the sun is shining then maybe. Lol

But I almost always wave, because, why not? Life too short to be stingy with waves...

:hello:

• Upvote 3